Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kawann Short at DE maybe?

This guy really looks solid from what I see of him. He's Quick for his size and plays with his head up always finding the ball. Plays with good leverage and make good use of his hands. He seems to get in the backfield alot and blow up runs or get pressure on the QB. He tackles pretty well to. The thing is I dont think hes really a guy for us to take in the first, maybe the 3rd though. But I doubt he will slide to the end of the third so it just a what if type thing. Ideally as most should already know I would like Richardson in the first but seeing the latest mock drafts he seem to really be trending up to the top 15-17 so I really dont know now if he's gonna be avialable at pick 23 or below. So Im just looking at other options. Thoughts?

http://youtu.be/8FQBE2pstPg

I don't get the sense that Shorts can go to DE.

Maybe DT, but I suspect he's more a NT for us in our scheme.

The last I saw, some projections show him now at 325. At that weight, I don't think pass rush is his strength....

Still..... the DL is the strength of this draft... if that is where we want to go (as opposed to say OT) then there should be someone that Grigson will like for us to take...

He seems a bit short, and from what I've seen Grigs is a fan of size. A good 3/4 DE is 6'4" or better and has a high motor.

Hes only about an inch shoreter than Redding according to what thier listed. He's 6'3 and I dont think 1 inch or even two will really determine how good a DE will be or can be.

Joe Vellano at 3-4 DE in the 4th (or 5th if we get a pick there). He is gonna be good in the NFL if he lands with the right team

He looks good, Although he doesnt seem to really have a bull rush. Which is helpfull and effictive to be able to take your man a drive him back. But I wouldnt mind him.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock Latest mock draft put out by a couple guys at CBS.com. Couple reasons I dont like it

1.The draft order was determined by another draft site (NFL Draft Scout.com) which means it was not entirely there own mock draft based on who finishes where record wise which obviously determines in part who goes where

2.A few of the draft picks I did not agree with but of course no one will agree 100 percent on these things....on to what I diagreed with.....

1..Rob Rang and Dane Brugler both have Geno Smith going #1 in the draft BUT WV runs an Air Raid offense, now that does not mean Geno wont be successful in the NFL of course, I have no way of determining if he will or not BUT Im just not sure I want to pick a QB #1 in the entire draft who lies up in shotgun constantly. Im not even sure he can stand firm in the pocket to deliver a throw on time and accurately.

2.Rob Rang has Werner going ahead of Jarvis Jones, yeah wont happen

3.Taylor Lewan going ahead of Warmack AND Jake Matthews? and what the Eagles need right now is a QB

4.Dane Brugler has 49ers selecting Jonathan Cooper. Cooper dont even appear to fit the 49ers blocking scheme (49ers are Man Blocking under Greg Roman, it would appear Cooper fits a Zone Blocking scheme

Thoughts?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock Latest mock draft put out by a couple guys at CBS.com. Couple reasons I dont like it

1.The draft order was determined by another draft site (NFL Draft Scout.com) which means it was not entirely there own mock draft based on who finishes where record wise which obviously determines in part who goes where

2.A few of the draft picks I did not agree with but of course no one will agree 100 percent on these things....on to what I diagreed with.....

1..Rob Rang and Dane Brugler both have Geno Smith going #1 in the draft BUT WV runs an Air Raid offense, now that does not mean Geno wont be successful in the NFL of course, I have no way of determining if he will or not BUT Im just not sure I want to pick a QB #1 in the entire draft who lies up in shotgun constantly. Im not even sure he can stand firm in the pocket to deliver a throw on time and accurately.

2.Rob Rang has Werner going ahead of Jarvis Jones, yeah wont happen

3.Taylor Lewan going ahead of Warmack AND Jake Matthews? and what the Eagles need right now is a QB

4.Dane Brugler has 49ers selecting Jonathan Cooper. Cooper dont even appear to fit the 49ers blocking scheme (49ers are Man Blocking under Greg Roman, it would appear Cooper fits a Zone Blocking scheme

Thoughts?

Lewan will go ahead of Mathews and Warmack. A lot of people project that. You focus too much on schemes. He would be fine in a man blocking scheme.

Lewan will go ahead of Mathews and Warmack. A lot of people project that. You focus too much on schemes. He would be fine in a man blocking scheme.

I use logic to determine who would be the best fit available and where instead of what most seem to do which is say....well this guy is better then this guy