Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tsarquise

I know many people won't be interested in this topic but looking back, the 2007 Colts were pretty good. I think it was a pretty complete team.

Usually i just think of the patriots and Chargers that year. The two teams that beat us. What did you guys think of that 07 team?

I actually thought the 2007 Colts team was the best team ive seen in the Manning era when they were healthy. Once Freeney got hurt and other players started getting banged up that pretty much derailed the chances for a SB repeat.

The 2005 team was great but I thought our secondary wasnt quite as good as the 2007 team. Other than that they were pretty even.

Honestly if we were healthy that year I think we could have been the ones to end NE's perfect season. We had the offense and we had what the Giants had which ultimately lead to NE's undoing...a great pass rush from the front four. We were one of the few teams to slow down NE's offense during the regular season because of it.

I actually thought the 2007 Colts team was the best team ive seen in the Manning era when they were healthy. Once Freeney got hurt and other players started getting banged up that pretty much derailed the chances for a SB repeat.

The 2005 team was great but I thought our secondary wasnt quite as good as the 2007 team. Other than that they were pretty even.

Honestly if we were healthy that year I think we could have been the ones to end NE's perfect season. We had the offense and we had what the Giants had which ultimately lead to NE's undoing...a great pass rush from the front four. We were one of the few teams to slow down NE's offense during the regular season because of it.

Shoot we almost beat the Pats. I remember the defense sacked Brady on the first play! Then i remember Addai's crazy touchdown run to end the half.

And I agree. It was the most complete team in the Manning era.

Yeah...we actually had a 10 point lead on them in the 4th quarter. That game really cost us in terms of injuries. Remember the following week we went into SD with 7 starters missing? Manning had six INTs and we lost Freeney...that really killed us in the playoff game, as did Harrison's fumble and Kenton Keith's stone hands. I still maintain, however, if the Colts manage to win that 2005 Pittsburgh hame , they win the SB. New England was gone, and Seattle was not that good. darn you Nick Harper for not just running to the sideline! Like Big Ben was going to get the angle on you? No you had to try and juke him (no I am not still bitter)

Yeah...we actually had a 10 point lead on them in the 4th quarter. That game really cost us in terms of injuries. Remember the following week we went into SD with 7 starters missing? Manning had six INTs and we lost Freeney...that really killed us in the playoff game, as did Harrison's fumble and Kenton Keith's stone hands. I still maintain, however, if the Colts manage to win that 2005 Pittsburgh hame , they win the SB. New England was gone, and Seattle was not that good. darn you Nick Harper for not just running to the sideline! Like Big Ben was going to get the angle on you? No you had to try and juke him (no I am not still bitter)

Wow. I do remember all of those injuries. I remember Anthony Gonzalez broke his thumb or something.

Let's not get started about 05.

From a fan perspective....def. the most painful Colts loss ive experienced. Id follow that with the 2009 SB and the 2003 AFCCG. Ugh. I still remember the Pats trolls on the old board after that game.

Honorable mention to the 1995 AFCCG and 2002 wildcard game.

Wow. I do remember all of those injuries. I remember Anthony Gonzalez broke his thumb or something.

The one thing I remember about Gonzalez is during a playoff game he makes a catch, turns to run upfield and his foot is dead on vertical with the sideline boundary. People were talking about how he moved the turf out of bounds to compensate

Wasn't the same without Freeney but honestly got lost in the whole Pats going 18-1 bit but they might have been the best Colts team we ever had. We blew a double digit lead at home against New England something you never see us do and lost the craziest Colts game I have ever seen in San Diego but other than the playoff loss those were the only games we truly lost that year. Very underrated team but that's their own fault had they been able to stop the Chargers back up QB and back up RB (who was Turner and was pretty darn good) we might very well look at them in a different light. I would have loved another shot at New England that year.

Wasn't the same without Freeney but honestly got lost in the whole Pats going 18-1 bit but they might have been the best Colts team we ever had. We blew a double digit lead at home against New England something you never see us do and lost the craziest Colts game I have ever seen in San Diego but other than the playoff loss those were the only games we truly lost that year. Very underrated team but that's their own fault had they been able to stop the Chargers back up QB and back up RB (who was Turner and was pretty darn good) we might very well look at them in a different light. I would have loved another shot at New England that year.

Yeah I agree. It's a shame what happened.