Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is There Any Way To Beat The Texans In Week 1?

chrisfarley

Is There Any Way To Beat The Texans In Week 1?

Gap integrity and containment. It's really not that big of a mystery. If we contain outside runs and maintain gaps, we'll be able to control their run game. Then the bootleg goes away.

I've said for a year that I think the Texans spent all offseason game-planning for that opener last year. They dialed up a really good one, and their players executed very well. But even still, they got a lot of help from our linebackers being out of position and our defensive linemen abandoning assignments.

Answering to the OP -- When facing the Texans, you have to be aware that they're going blitz blitz blitz us. Manning can easily beat the cornerbacks and safeties. The running game shouldn't be a big deal. The main thing is protection, if the O-line comes through, we're good, if they attack and pressure Peyton all game, it's going to be tough for us to win. Now, AF is not 100%, and Powers should do a good job stopping Johnson, so I'm not too woried about their offense.

If the colts wanna win they need to put Powers on Johnson and take away the running lanes for Foster. Other than that let the offense do its thing. Whether its Manning, Collins, or Painter as long as Reggie is on the field we have a shot if the O Line holds up

If this is a real question - yes, of course they can win. The DL is the best we've had in a long time. Added an excellent LB. OL may prove to be the best in quite a while too. This team is good enough to win with Collins if need be early on.

Said in another reply I would like to see 'D' go to press coverage on 3rd down - with our pass rush the 'D' would get off the field more often. That, plus an effective run game and the Colts will make it interesting this year.

omg!

What will we do? GASP* Oh I know....we'll do what we always do. Peyton will shred their secondary and we win another tough division game.

While with Peyton the Colts have a better chance but Collins is good enough to win, with the weapons he has here. Have more faith in the rest of the team.

Without him it ain't gonna happen. We all know that