Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Javaris James / Darren Evans

ColtsHoosiersBB

Colts  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Are they a Top 10 Team in the NFL

who had more td's last year?

You do need someone with a little "uumph" to force the ball into the end zone from in close, but that's what Carter is for. And Adaii has had success at that in the past, and there is every reason to believe that Evans would be at least as good at that as James is. No, Brown isn't going to help you too much in that area - but he is probably the fastest running back on the team. The field is 100 yards long, not 5. On 3rd and 10 from outside the 20 yard line, which one would you prefer to be taking a delayed hand-off, or stepping into the flat as a safety valve. In that scenario James gives you the same three yards he does running up the middle. Maybe six, I'll be kind. Brown can get you the first-down and a whole lot more. You can't teach speed.

The only downside in that scenario has been his difficulty pass blocking, but it certainly looks like he is improving. Certainly trying.

And what do you think James ypc was smart one lol

James would have had a higher YPC last year than he did because he was sent in in Goalline situations. It just sucked for him you can't rack up more yards once you cross the goal line...I do feel Brown needs to be given one more chance this year behind our big line however.

James would have had a higher YPC last year than he did because he was sent in in Goalline situations. It just sucked for him you can't rack up more yards once you cross the goal line...I do feel Brown needs to be given one more chance this year behind our big line however.

Enh James gave us mixed results last year. Frankly he was good on the goalline but didn't really blow me away when he played on other parts of the field of course none of the backs blew me away last year. I do think James has a nose for the goalline though.

I doubt james would have gotten more yards, if the starters didnt then i would highly doubt he would have made a difference.

Evans'/Spann's potential is waaaay higher than James'. I'd hate to give up on that potential for a below average RB with good special teams skills.

But, if (when) we do cut Evans and/or Spann I hope we can stash whoever is cut on PS.

Agreed. We need to keep Evans for his RUNNING BACK potential, and cut James for his lack there of, especially with the kickoffs coming from the 35, and so many touchbacks. Besides, Gilreath has proven to be just as goon on kick returns. Also, did anyone else notice that Evans was a beast on kick coverage? He was always the first to the returner and if he himself couldn't make the tackle, he would try to block the guy into another Colt? Darren Evans is a 2 for 1 package that this team can't afford to lose.