Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Javaris James / Darren Evans

ColtsHoosiersBB

Colts  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Are they a Top 10 Team in the NFL

Big dilemma here, Evans has ridiculous potential it seems but James has already proven himself. Kind of wish Brown wasn't filling out a roster spot. He still has yet to change my opinion on him, I'll give DB another year though, if he doesn't produce I'm going to explode.

Big dilemma here, Evans has ridiculous potential it seems but James has already proven himself. Kind of wish Brown wasn't filling out a roster spot. He still has yet to change my opinion on him, I'll give DB another year though, if he doesn't produce I'm going to explode.

You won't be the only one blowing up, Malakai. :bomb:. This is a contract year, so I'm

having hope that he will not run like a :cat: this year.

Evans is PS eligible, whereas I'm not certain JJ is. Advantage JJ.

That's reason #1. The second reason is that James has played really well on ST's which matters the most. If we keep 4 RBs, the last guy will never carry the ball unless there's an injury.

I would say keep evans he's faster than james has alot of potential and i recall they were using him as a FB in practice, so has alot of upside. I dont think james should make the roster, give that roster spot to evans doesnt hurt having two big backs on the roster just in case.

Guest BlueShoe

I think Evans will land on the practice squad. I am up in the air as to whether James will make the team or not. My gut says we will keep 4 backs and only 3 TE's so if I am right then James should make the team.

I think Evans will land on the practice squad. I am up in the air as to whether James will make the team or not. My gut says we will keep 4 backs and only 3 TE's so if I am right then James should make the team.

why carry two rookie rbs? james has more experience and can play STs plus evans can go to the PS james cant so if hes needed we can always bring him to the roster.

by my logic, james had 6 td's in the red zone, which we dont need, since we have addai back and he is a monster in the red zone, so we have addai, we have brown, we have carter,

evans and spann are what brown isnt,

if it were a perfect world

some how, we have em all, but based on the fact addai is healthy, i think james becomes expendable to the practice squad if he is eligible,

Guest BlueShoe

why carry two rookie rbs? james has more experience and can play STs plus evans can go to the PS james cant so if hes needed we can always bring him to the roster.

Not sure what you're asking me. I think we could have 2 rookie RB's on the practice squad in Evans and Spann and keep Carter on the 53.

I dont see why the colts would keep james, he doesnt offer much. When it comes to a backs experience that doesnt count for much, plus james cant make ppl miss nor is he elusive. Where as Evans is faster than him and can break tackles

James. It's an easy choice because he and Irsay can sit around with a bag of potato chips and share....... recreational activities..... :cool:

you can say that again, joan, all he seemed to have was a good set of speed, with his head down and never stopped running, if that wouldnt work any other place on the field, i do like him since he is family

Yea I'm not sure either will make it. If one does it will be James because of

1) Experience

2) He's not eligible for the PS and Evans is

3) he is a special teams player (our special teams can use all the help it can get)

4) I think the front office is quite frankly more partial to him because of his relation to Edge. That's just my opinion though.

I wouldn't mind just keeping three RBs on the roster and having a backup on the PS. We might have to use the RB roster spot to help fill our depth on the D line since we made so many signing there. We are also going to keep 3 QBs on the roster now. Something has to give and I feel it might be the 4th RB position.

Well.... Um.... Well, see, he can...

Erm....

Pick up less than 3 yards per carry!

Pretty good job working myself out of a corner there... :applause:

No need to dig yourself out of anything. Both James and Brown get about 3 yards running up the middle - James being just a wee bit more effective (and his efforts are appreciated more because less is expected of him). Of course running outside Brown has repeatedly shown the ability to bust it for 15-30 yards while looking like he's flying. James has no burst what-so-ever. Heh, perhaps that's why he wasn't drafed! Brown also is much more effective catching the ball.

Brown is the #2 back - not part of this conversation. In answer to the poll, I would rather see Evans make the squad than James. More upside and a bit bigger.

What great skills has brown shown?

Well for one he's a better runner than james, he's ALOT faster than james, much better receiver, has obviously gotten better at blocking ... i would think that would qualify as being great skills.

who had more td's last year?

...... you do realize that was from great blocking, not to mention most of his runs came from INSIDE the redzone... kinda makes it easier to score dont you think.... When the pats waive a RB you know he's not that good, no thank you james.