Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nathan Palmer

corgi

Useless highlights.

Should get a handful of practice reps with his favorite QB.

I actually like this pick up the more information I learn about him!

Pagano had this to say about Palmer:

http://blogs.colts.com/2012/09/25/palmer-and-harnish-continue-path-together/?utm_source=colts.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=latestblogs

“The way things fell we were going to look at taking him late (in the draft) but we had some other needs and went a different direction,” Pagano said.

“Our scouts and Ryan (Grigson) knew about him for a long time. He’s a 4.4 (40-yard dash) kid that can take the top off the defense. He’s got good hands. He’s explosive. He’s much like Donnie Avery.”

When i watched the film above I felt he was more like T.Y. Hilton the way he moves. Whether you compare him to T.Y. or Donnie you are basically saying the same thing though. Speed, Speed, Speed. He appears to have real good hands as well.

I think this one has a decent chance to turn into something.

nothing against this guy i know very little about him, but would like of them to brought in another big reciever 6'3 or 6'4 at wr. maybe there wasn't somebody available at that size?

That would be nice but I get the feeling that our staff and managment like the 5'10" to 6'0" WR's with good hands and that are fast and elusive. Also solid route runners. I have wanted them to draft a big reciver with size for a couple of years and they continue to draft the small qucik guys. Alot of these guy are good obviusly but a Big target on the outside would be nice. And we seem to do the same thing in UDFA besides Kris Adams this year genarally all the recivers we bring in as UDFA's 6'0" or under. It's just our Philosiphy I guess.

Finished his career at NIU with 1,575 receiving yards on 93 receptions for an average of 16.9 yards per catch with 16 receiving touchdowns. Played in 48 games with 20 starts. Has 1,775 career all-purpose yards with 200 rushing yards on 21 carries and one score. Tied for eighth in NIU history with 16 career receiving touchdowns. :yes:

That would be nice but I get the feeling that our staff and managment like the 5'10" to 6'0" WR's with good hands and that are fast and elusive. Also solid route runners. I have wanted them to draft a big reciver with size for a couple of years and they continue to draft the small qucik guys. Alot of these guy are good obviusly but a Big target on the outside would be nice. And we seem to do the same thing in UDFA besides Kris Adams this year genarally all the recivers we bring in as UDFA's 6'0" or under. It's just our Philosiphy I guess.

speed, size, and ability goes early in the first round. project players with size taken in later rounds very rarely work out

Its hard to believe this kid will see the field at all... Wayne,avery, hilton, adams, brazil...... Where sould he get his playing time?

If he is talented as Grigson and staff gauged him to be, he could end up getting some playing time over Adams as Adams is no seasoned vet himself. Out of all the games we have played, Adams has not really made much of an impact and Brazil is still coming along in his learning curve. He(Palmer) may have a chance, but he will have to prove it.

speed, size, and ability goes early in the first round. project players with size taken in later rounds very rarely work out

Oh I understand that I was just saying to colts 52761 that the colts just generally have chosen to stck with small quick recivers with good hands and ability. The Colts don't generally take recivers with size. I Guess these type of guys fit what we want to do better. So thats why I beleive we have picked this Nathan Palmer Kid up who is smaller and quick rather than a big reciever. These are jsut the type of recivers our staff likes. Well see what we do in the future but I have a strong feeling well be sticking with the small,quick,good hand and routes type guys. Just my thought.

If he is talented as Grigson and staff gauged him to be, he could end up getting some playing time over Adams as Adams is no seasoned vet himself. Out of all the games we have played, Adams has not really made much of an impact and Brazil is still coming along in his learning curve. He(Palmer) may have a chance, but he will have to prove it.

True but your last sentence may be the reason why he wont get that chance.... unless someone gets injured i doubt he will get that chance.... unless he just automatically gets the chance to start over kris adams which is perfectly fine with me.