Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do You Guys Realize?

krunk

It is what I meant. It's amazing how you can read my mind and misinterpret my posts at the same time. 6-8, ooo boy, you really are a connosseiur of Texan football.

If 6-8 games a season doesn't qualify me to speak on your team, what the heck does? You sure as heck shouldn't be on here talking about my team then, since I KNOW you don't watch 6-8 Colts games a year.

Your argument is reduced to trying to tarnish my credibility because I haven't watched enough Texans games, in your eyes. Still have countered anything I've said with anything tangible. The Texans have beat 1 team with a top 16 ranked offense in the last 2 seasons. True. The Texans defense has yet to have a dominant performance against an elite QB. True. Peyton Manning is an elite QB with a top shelf o-line, solid receiving core and better than average defense supporting him. True.

If all of these things are true, odds are, he's going to have success moving the ball and scoring on your defense. It is not outlandish to believe so when you consider the facts I've just presented to you. It's actually quite the contrary. Most would argue that you hold the more outlandish opinion, by far.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that Peyton not only passes but catches, rushes, covers on special teams, kicks, tackles, sacks, and makes interceptions as well. He's an individual player on a different team now. Expect different results.

You still didn't stop Peyton, and you have yet to beat him at home. Not to mention the thin air. The Texans will be gassed.Houston is 50 feet above see level. They are going to experience a completely different environment they are use to.

I'm amused with the high level of irony when Texans fans talk about their squads success's. Peyton has own'd Houston, and they've never won in Indy. I mean just keep that in perspective, this isnt the Bears Packers, where things have been historically even and that isn't changing anytime in the next 10 meetings.

"I didn't realize that Peyton not only passes but catches, rushes, covers on special teams, kicks, tackles, sacks, and makes interceptions as well." There, I've said it once and I'll say it again for dramatic effect.

Yeah he dismantled us, but we dismantled them more. Totally different teams now so whatever, moot point.

Qwizzy's the one that brought it up, and was proven wrong. Your defense didn't dismantle Manning. The Texans O dismantled ours and played keep away from Manning, while Manning still shredded yours apart

If 6-8 games a season doesn't qualify me to speak on your team, what the heck does? You sure as heck shouldn't be on here talking about my team then, since I KNOW you don't watch 6-8 Colts games a year.

Your argument is reduced to trying to tarnish my credibility because I haven't watched enough Texans games, in your eyes. Still have countered anything I've said with anything tangible. The Texans have beat 1 team with a top 16 ranked offense in the last 2 seasons. True. The Texans defense has yet to have a dominant performance against an elite QB. True. Peyton Manning is an elite QB with a top shelf o-line, solid receiving core and better than average defense supporting him. True.

If all of these things are true, odds are, he's going to have success moving the ball and scoring on your defense. It is not outlandish to believe so when you consider the facts I've just presented to you. It's actually quite the contrary. Most would argue that you hold the more outlandish opinion, by far.

Okay, neither one of us is going to change the other's mind. Let's just wait till Sunday comes and see what happens. For the record, I've tuned in to both Colts games this year while I've been watching the Texans play as well. Washington games as well.

I'm no different than the Manning supporters who pop up and defend him when rubbish is stated again and again. I'll say it again, I don't need validation. It seems like this same exact thing comes up every week, and I have to repeat myself 2,000 times to get my point across.

You don't need to repeat it in the 1st place. take you and Vance off this forum and there is probably less than 1 handful of people here that actually gives a crap about what the Texans accomplish this yr.. I know I sure don't care. If they win it all this yr., then hey, good for them, but if they falter and collapse this yr., then too bad.........most of us just don't care.

You still didn't stop Peyton, and you have yet to beat him at home. Not to mention the thin air. The Texans will be gassed.Houston is 50 feet above see level. They are going to experience a completely different environment they are use to.

I'll take a gassed Texans defense over the Broncos offense anyday. :) But maybe that's just me.

You don't need to repeat it in the 1st place. take you and Vance off this forum and there is probably less than 1 handful of people here that actually gives a crap about what the Texans accomplish this yr.. I know I sure don't care. If they win it all this yr., then hey, good for them, but if they falter and collapse this yr., then too bad.........most of us just don't care.

Except for the ones constantly downplaying us. If the Texans win the SB this year things will go nuts and I will see all sorts of posts downplaying them. And it's not just the Texans that I see this with. The same thing happens for Griffin, Washington, Brady, and even Manning himself at one point, around the time Luck was first drafted and even a litle bit later.

"I didn't realize that Peyton not only passes but catches, rushes, covers on special teams, kicks, tackles, sacks, and makes interceptions as well." There, I've said it once and I'll say it again for dramatic effect.

You don't realize that..sheesh I thought it was obvious

You don't realize that..sheesh I thought it was obvious

Apparently Jim Irsay didn't think so...he lost a real go-getter. The man should be fired for getting rid of the greatest player of all time, I mean he could do everything! Well, almost everything...

Except for the ones constantly downplaying us. If the Texans win the SB this year things will go nuts and I will see all sorts of posts downplaying them. And it's not just the Texans that I see this with. The same thing happens for Griffin, Washington, Brady, and even Manning himself at one point, around the time Luck was first drafted and even a litle bit later.

It is this way on every forum, fans downplaying other teams accomplishments. Most of it is in jest and and just talking trash. It is what it is. Just leave it alone and don't let it bother you, if you are that sure about the team you root for, then who cares what fans of other teams thinks?

Why do you care? Go somewhere else if it's unbearable. Sheesh

Apparently Jim Irsay didn't think so...he lost a real go-getter. The man should be fired for getting rid of the greatest player of all time, I mean he could do everything! Well, almost everything...

I like your revolving set of talking points. Even when they aren't cogent or on point. We get it. The Texans..oh boy.

It is this way on every forum, fans downplaying other teams accomplishments. Most of it is in jest and and just talking trash. It is what it is. Just leave it alone and don't let it bother you, if you are that sure about the team you root for, then who cares what fans of other teams thinks?

True, I doubt many people care what fans of other teams think, but still, there is a point when it gets excessive. And too much of something for one person might not be enough for another, I suppose.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, September 18, 2012 - politics
Hidden by Nadine, September 18, 2012 - politics

No...I quite like this seat.

You can stay as long as you want. Just expect more arguments like these in the future if all you want to hear is praise of your team (a division rival) without the occasional hater. You have some kind of complex or something? Just trying to figure out why you feel the need to come here and defend your team? That's like a republican going to the democratic national convention and getting offended at the level of bias in favor of Obama and against Romney. Just not a normal thing to do.

You can stay as long as you want. Just expect more arguments like these in the future if all you want to hear is praise of your team (a division rival) without the occasional hater. You have some kind of complex or something? Just trying to figure out why you feel the need to come here and defend your team? That's like a republican going to the democratic national convention and getting offended at the level of bias in favor of Obama and against Romney. Just not a normal thing to do.

Politics and football are completely different things and different arguments altogether. For the record, I'm a Democrat living in Texas. I've heard things that are just so ridiculous it's insane lol. And I do expect more arguments...like I said there's at least one like this every week. I'm used to it by this point though. I don't want to hear praise I just don't want to see degradation. I'm sure everyone here can vouch for me when I say that.

Politics and football are completely different things and different arguments altogether. For the record, I'm a Democrat living in Texas. I've heard things that are just so ridiculous it's insane lol. And I do expect more arguments...like I said there's at least one like this every week. I'm used to it by this point though. I don't want to hear praise I just don't want to see degradation. I'm sure everyone here can vouch for me when I say that.

You don't want to see degradation? What does that really imply? Were talking football! You've taken it upon yourself to tell us we should be more ... I don't actually know what your general point is.. I think Balzer hit on the head when he said 95% don't care about Houston's football team. Sorry, that's not degradation.

My comparison is quite applicable, actually. Are talk forums not supposed to be an outlet dedicated to people with like-minded opinions? Are national conventions not essentially the same thing? Are the Colts and Texans rivals? Are democrats and republicans not the same?.......

Your interpretation of 'degradation' is tainted by the fact that -- by your own admission in previous threads -- you're a biased homer for your team. You blow things out of proportion, and take offense to us saying our team has a fighting chance against you guys this year. That's your problem, not ours. We don't care what does and doesn't hurt your feelings

You don't want to see degradation? What does that really imply? Were talking football! You've taken it upon yourself to tell us we should be more ... I don't actually know what your general point is.. I think Balzer hit on the head when he said 95% don't care about Houston's football team. Sorry, that's not degradation.

But the highly flammeable 5% that do care are the ones who declare 12-4 or 11-5 teams to be no better than 8-8 or 7-9. I love football arguments; I like competitiveness between teams and fans. But I think degradation is just plain insulting. I'm sure Browns fans wouldn't like their team being talked bad about at this point either, they came so close to beating the Eagles in the opener this year lol.

My comparison is quite applicable, actually. Are talk forums not supposed to be an outlet dedicated to people with like-minded opinions? Are national conventions not essentially the same thing? Are the Colts and Texans rivals? Are democrats and republicans not the same?.......

Your interpretation of 'degradation' is tainted by the fact that -- by your own admission in previous threads -- you're a biased homer for your team. You blow things out of proportion, and take offense to us saying our team has a fighting chance against you guys this year. That's your problem, not ours. We don't care what does and doesn't hurt your feelings

:( Oh...I'm sorry that it has to be that way. You've said it yourself: This is a talk forum. People have different opinions, even fans of the same team. As this is an open forum, and not strictly dedicated to Colts fans, things should not be blown up when a Texans fan says that the Colts aren't going to shock the world. Politics are backed with serious issues that affect America and the world itself. Football is a child's game being played by men who get paid greatly for it. I am a homer, yes, but I still see the holes on my own team, I am more than willing to admit that we are not perfect, but talk of finishing behind a less talented team is indeed degradation. And it doesn't just go for this particular situation, I've seen worse here.

:( Oh...I'm sorry that it has to be that way. You've said it yourself: This is a talk forum. People have different opinions, even fans of the same team. As this is an open forum, and not strictly dedicated to Colts fans, things should not be blown up when a Texans fan says that the Colts aren't going to shock the world. Politics are backed with serious issues. Football is a child's game being played by men who get paid greatly for it. I am a homer, yes, but I still see the holes on my own team, I am more than willing to admit that we are not perfect, but talk of finishing behind a less talented team is indeed degradation. And it doesn't just go for this particular situation, I've seen worse here.

Now that's a lie if I ever heard one.

Texans finish 9-7, at best this year

Hmm how many pages are you all gonna argue before you guys realize eventually this thread will be closed because of that?

This thread was a time bomb from the start. It was bound to warrant different opinions, and everything, as it usually does, blew up.

Now that's a lie if I ever heard one.

Texans finish 9-7, at best this year

Have you been to the Texans forum? Just wondering. Go and check it out, you'll see a lot of opinions about what I myself think is wrong with the team. There aren't many holes, but there are a few. No team is perfect. Texans finish 12-4 or 13-3, I think. My Colts prediction? Right now it's 4-12. Prove me wrong.

Have you been to the Texans forum? Just wondering. Go and check it out, you'll see a lot of what I myself think is wrong with the team. There aren't many holes, but there are a few. No team is perfect. Texans finish 12-4 or 13-3, I think. My Colts prediction? Right now it's 4-12. Prove me wrong.

I don't care to. That's the difference between me and you.

Texans finish 9-7, at best

I don't care to. That's the difference between me and you.

Texans finish 9-7, at best

No, the difference between me and you is that I stand for what I believe is right and don't bash other people merely because they are rival fans.

4-12. Get used to it.