Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Austin Collie say's he is unsure if he will play Sunday or not...

Indyfan4life

I hope he plays, but only if he gets cleared. If he gets another concussion though, the league will probably step in because they can't be having that everytime he's out on the field.

Collie reminds me of a great boxer, Gary Guiden in particular from long ago with a weak chin though no fault of either athlete. It's a shame but a reality. He won't quit on his own until something horrible potentially occurs. Says quite a bit that he's not been cleared by the physician I think though I'm not a brain doctor. What are the chances he won't get another concussion this year and be able to play effectively going across the middle as that's his role.....

• 2 weeks later...

Have you seen the shots he's taken?

Yeah I have and some aren't even spectacular head type shots as there have been way worse seen around the league. I would love to see the guy play his full career here but he is just to fragile or unfortunate. It either way a great player with talent does no good if they play a series a year. Now he has another injury and who knows when/if we ever see him again this year. Not worth holding the roster spot anymore

Yeah I have and some aren't even spectacular head type shots as there have been way worse seen around the league. I would love to see the guy play his full career here but he is just to fragile or unfortunate. It either way a great player with talent does no good if they play a series a year. Now he has another injury and who knows when/if we ever see him again this year. Not worth holding the roster spot anymore

I've seen worse, but never worse repeatedly to the same player. And I agree, his head has just taken too many shots, I think he's really jeopardizing his long-term health.