Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I Am Surprised We Haven't Brough Sorgi Back

Guest BlueShoe

Guest BlueShoe

I would feel a lot more comfortable with Sorgi than Painter. Maybe this is something that is being thought about by the Colts brass now.

I would love for us to bring in Clausen for a late round pick, however I think another team is going to have a larger plan for him as being a starting QB. Miami makes a ton of sense for him. If he falls into the backup market then it would be a great idea to groom him behind Peyton.

Sorgi makes a lot of sense to me. I wonder how bad that shoulder injury while playing in NY really was.

I would feel a lot more comfortable with Sorgi than Painter. Maybe this is something that is being thought about by the Colts brass now.

I would love for us to bring in Clausen for a late round pick, however I think another team is going to have a larger plan for him as being a starting QB. Miami makes a ton of sense for him. If he falls into the backup market then it would be a great idea to groom him behind Peyton.

Sorgi makes a lot of sense to me. I wonder how bad that shoulder injury while playing in NY really was.

I think Sorgi is done. He is damaged goods who I have heard will or has retired already.

My hunch is that sorgi still has shoulder problems.

Per Mike Chappell in today's IndyStar, his sources tell him that the Colts aren't even considering Sorgi.

QUESTION: Given Peyton Manning’s injury and the lack of production from Curtis Painter, do you think that the Colts would entertain the thought of bringing Jim Sorgi back? It would make sense to have someone that you know what you’re going to get from and that knows the offense/player.

– from Rob, Fairmount, Ind.

ANSWER: Sorgi is a free agent and living in Indianapolis. But I’ve been told the Colts aren’t considering him.

http://blogs.indystar.com/coltsinsider/2011/08/22/is-jim-irsay-considering-brett-favre-and-more-peyton-manning-related-questions/

Giants have David Carr and Sage Rosenthel on their team right now. One of the 2 might be good for the Colts. Giants won't keep both.

I bet our defense would have fun with them in practice!

That's not a bad idea though. But can anyone seriously believe the Colts would bring in a new 2nd string QB at the end of preseason? To me that would be a virtual impossibility. I think it would have to happen with in the next week.

Funny people use to get all over Sorgi, now they want him back. I thought he was OK, but looking at what we got going on now he was much better. If his shoulder wasn't toast I would say bring him back. Look at it this way we get to look at our 2 goof balls for 2 more weeks then Peyton will be back week 1. Yes I said week 1 If he wasn't going to be back we would have signed a much better back up by now!!

Sources that are close to Sorgi say he is living in Brownsburg, works out every day at a local gym, throws every day, shoulder is fine, and is up to 230lbs. The Giants made him a good offer but he wanted to spend more time with his children who live here in Indiana. He evidentally looked real good to the Giants during some lock-out impromptu practices. Plus he clobbered the Jets defense in the last game he played in. I think the Colts will go with painter becasue of the low salary Painter gets. And, Polian will accept a loss or two at the expense of the fans. He proved that when he laid down to the Jets the year before last. Sell your tickets now before the price goes down.