Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Still no offensive Assistants?

Jackie Daytona

The Defensives side seems mostly taken care of....  DC - Eberflus, DL - Phair, DB - Williams, LB - forgot his name....  Special Teams - Ventrone,...... Offense - OC - Sirianni, QB - ?  WR - ?  RB - ?  TE -  ?  OL - Degulielmo........  

Did I miss some announcements, or are we still waiting to hear anything on the Offensive staff?  I know Don Beebe was rumored as a WR coaching candidate, but never heard any more than the initial rumor.

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

I have a feeling Eberflus had already started organizing his staff before FR had been hired

Probably the case for sure, I guess they are tight lipped after the near miss McDaniel's fiasco with his assistants..... but I am surprised there haven't been position coaches at least a few, yet...... also, I forgot to mention the S and C coach who seems to be a major coup, getting him out of retirement, widely regarded as the best in his field it seems

2 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Probably the case for sure, I guess they are tight lipped after the near miss McDaniel's fiasco with his assistants..... but I am surprised there haven't been position coaches at least a few, yet...... also, I forgot to mention the S and C coach who seems to be a major coup, getting him out of retirement, widely regarded as the best in his field it seems

Looks he is the only person besides NS that has strong ties to FR

8 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I have a feeling Eberflus had already started organizing his staff before FR had been hired

This probably has something to do with it.  Eberflus probably came in with a list of guys he'd like to work under him and Reich probably just mostly approved it.  

On the other hand we didn't have an OC until after Reich came on board so it's taking a little longer to get a list of guys still available to bring them in.  

1 minute ago, Valpo2004 said:

This probably has something to do with it.  Eberflus probably came in with a list of guys he'd like to work under him and Reich probably just mostly approved it.  

On the other hand we didn't have an OC until after Reich came on board so it's taking a little longer to get a list of guys still available to bring them in.  

Yes 

I bet the OC has a little say in the OAs

16 minutes ago, buccolts said:

Side question...kinda: Had Reggie expressed interest in coaching before?

Hasn't Reich hired one of his old teammates to be WR coach??

As a direct answer to your question I would guess no.  I really think a player like him who was productive for so long in the league could get a position coaching job if they wanted it and made that known.  

1 minute ago, Valpo2004 said:

Hasn't Reich hired one of his old teammates to be WR coach??

As a direct answer to your question I would guess no.  I really think a player like him who was productive for so long in the league could get a position coaching job if they wanted it and made that known.  

the old teammate (Beebe) was a rumor, but nothing has materialized since.....  Beebe apparently owns and runs a few WR/athlete development academies, getting that organized may be the holdup, if he wants to leave that to try coaching at all....

1 hour ago, Shafty138 said:

the old teammate (Beebe) was a rumor, but nothing has materialized since.....  Beebe apparently owns and runs a few WR/athlete development academies, getting that organized may be the holdup, if he wants to leave that to try coaching at all....

Oh man...everytime he comes up I just see him landing on his head in my mind...ouch. I think it will take longer to get the offensive staff since Reich came so late in the game. Happy with the defense....and at least we have an OL coach...that's a big one for Andrew lol. It will happen...still lots of time before early work outs.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. When Dungy came here, he said he didn't finish creating his staff until March. I can see there being a bit of a hold up for Reich considering the combine and FA are right around the corner and he's still probably getting used to his new office at west 56th.

Reich said there's no rush, no competition. Thus, he and Ballard will take their time and get the right guys. But they aren't procrastinating. They are already hard at work on it as of this moment.

{I heard him interviewed live on Sirius XM Late Hits show talking to Alex Marvez and Bill Polian.}