Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Phillip Dorsett is my break-out Colts player this year.

Lawrence Owen

Not trying to start a new thread, as i'm pulling for Dorsett and what-ifs can drive u crazy.

but just to put in perspective in my mind, can anyone give me an idea of the top 3 (or so) players available at dorsett pick that would have been big parts because ee're still eeak there. Like edge or ILB.

just curious

On 5/25/2017 at 9:25 PM, Surge89 said:

Ridgeway is gonna surprise a lot of people.  A year of NFL training and a year of NFL level defense with first round talent?  Yea he's definitely got the stage for a performance.

But MAN is that line crowded!  I'm excited to see what he can do as a substitute, but it looks like he'll need to work hard just to get his snaps on the field.

3 hours ago, That Guy said:

But MAN is that line crowded!  I'm excited to see what he can do as a substitute, but it looks like he'll need to work hard just to get his snaps on the field.

that is the idea of CB.  crowded positions with talent.  This separates the workers from the lazies.  And also makes everyone as a whole better, since they are all vying for the starting roles. :)

4 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Not trying to start a new thread, as i'm pulling for Dorsett and what-ifs can drive u crazy.

but just to put in perspective in my mind, can anyone give me an idea of the top 3 (or so) players available at dorsett pick that would have been big parts because ee're still eeak there. Like edge or ILB.

just curious

The best of the defense that was left in the 2015 draft when we picked were positions we are currently solid atm.  Like Malcom Brown, Eddie Goldman, Landon Collins, ect.  The better LB's that were left were Benardrick McKinney , Eric Kendricks. atleast the good ones that people considered worthy of a 1st round pick. IMO.

4 hours ago, That Guy said:

The DLine seems crowded, for now.  We have too many injuries, and suddenly we don't have enough depth to keep everyone fresh enough to create a substantial pass-rush.

If Ridgeway can make that leap, great.  But he needs to stay healthy, which means we need a solid rotation of DLinemen to keep everyone fresh for 19 games.  Yeah, 19, that's happening.  :hat:

I don't think there is a position group where rotation is more important than the DLine.  We need all the help we can get on the DLine, and Ballard has done a GREAT job adding talent to that group.  We are now a team that can probably afford an injury or two to our DLine and still get the job done (hopefully).

:clover:

1 hour ago, Lawrence Owen said:

The best of the defense that was left in the 2015 draft when we picked were positions we are currently solid atm.  Like Malcom Brown, Eddie Goldman, Landon Collins, ect.  The better LB's that were left were Benardrick McKinney , Eric Kendricks. atleast the good ones that people considered worthy of a 1st round pick. IMO.

Collins would have been nice i guess. Imagine hooker at FS and Collins at SS.

4 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Collins would have been nice i guess. Imagine hooker at FS and Collins at SS.

For whatever it's worth....

Collins was either the lowest,  or the 2nd lowest ranked Safety in the entire NFL his rookie year.

His play clearly improved dramatically his 2nd year.     Not every player makes that kind of jump,  but improvement can be expected for guys like Green and Geathers and Butler now that he's playing Safety on a regular basis.