Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Akeem Ayers at ILB?

Krauses

4 hours ago, CR91 said:

You said 5. You have only two. At no level did hightower play outside. And your point was Collins can play inside then you said he's soley an OLB

I said out of 5 not 5 I understand your not good with number or stats and this is a single team so 40%. You want me to go through every single team or you want to admit your point was completely wrong and *ic?

3 hours ago, Krauses said:

I said out of 5 not 5 I understand your not good with number or stats and this is a single team so 40%. You want me to go through every single team or you want to admit your point was completely wrong and *ic?

Two you gave me weren't even right so I don't know what point you're trying to make

Just now, Krauses said:

Yeah your right postion versatility and depth has no place on this team.  Wise words.

Position flexibility is very important for the backups of a football team to be essential in the roster. However a starter for any team especially on defense needs to actually be a player for that position. That's the way it should be, that's what Ballard thinks as well.

3 hours ago, Zalazar Elijahh said:

Position flexibility is very important for the backups of a football team to be essential in the roster. However a starter for any team especially on defense needs to actually be a player for that position. That's the way it should be, that's what Ballard thinks as well.

agree 100% don't think ayers should be a full time. Was just thinking possibly some sub packages and blitzing situations. 

4 hours ago, CR91 said:

Two you gave me weren't even right so I don't know what point you're trying to make

Your question was how many players go from olb to ilb. 3 on the Super Bowl champs. Anymore questions you need me to answer?

1 hour ago, Krauses said:

Jamie Collins at ILB 92% of snaps along with van noy and McClenian.  You must be a liberal can't understand facts 

And where did you get that stat? And I told you he played spy. He lines up everywhere. He's that athletic. Ayers isnt

On 3/31/2017 at 8:07 PM, CR91 said:

You're accusing me of using other people's words. Who's words did I use

Anyone who's ever used the phrase "putting a square peg in a round hole."  The difference is most people who say that can quantify why that is the case by explaining why the player's specific skill set and athletic traits don't make him a candidate for the position.

Instead, youve simply gone with the "but ILB and OLB are different" approach. By the way, has anyone told you yet that the mike ILB has different responsibilities than the jack ILB.  Oh and the Sam OLB has different responsibilities than the will OLB?  

54 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

Anyone who's ever used the phrase "putting a square peg in a round hole."  The difference is most people who say that can quantify why that is the case by explaining why the player's specific skill set and athletic traits don't make him a candidate for the position.

Instead, youve simply gone with the "but ILB and OLB are different" approach. By the way, has anyone told you yet that the mike ILB has different responsibilities than the jack ILB.  Oh and the Sam OLB has different responsibilities than the will OLB?  

it is cliche,but there really is no other term to define playing out of position. 

tell me what skills ayers has that tells you he can play inside

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

it is cliche,but there really is no other term to define playing out of position. 

tell me what skills ayers has that tells you he can play inside

I never said I thought he could or couldn't. 

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

So why argue with me?

I wasn't trying to argue initially. I would have been legitimately interested in your opinion had your first reply to me been anything regarding specific aspects of ayers' skill set that would prohibit him from being able to effectively play at either mike or jack ILB spot. 

But as the conversation wore on it became apparent that you had formed your opinion solely on that old cliche about holes and pegs. 

On March 31, 2017 at 0:13 AM, Jason_S said:

Jamie collins called. He's meeting donte Hightower for drinks. Wanted to know if you were interrsted in meeting.

They were planning to split a pitcher...but Collins just had to order his own different drink.

I will say that I don't think Ayers has shown anything yet to lead me to believe he could make that transition, but you never know. One guy who did it recently (out of drastic need) was Clay Mathews a year or two ago for part of a season. When GB was taking big losses at ILB due to injury, I remember Clay playing there a lot out of necessity. He even did a decent job. But it was a total waste of his skill set and pass rushing prowess. Still some guys can make that switch. But few really should or can be successful when asked to (at least in a 3-4 that is).