Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trevor Siemian

oldunclemark

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Elway is just buying time this season before he signs or trades for another QB that is Good which he has a right too after winning the SB. He is a smart man and knows none of the QB's he has will get it done in the Playoffs. As long as they beat the Titans I will be happy.

Broncos will make a run at Romo IMO. 

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

Broncos will make a run at Romo IMO. 

If Romo didn't have  lingering or chronic back pain & struggle with completing a full 16 week season, I'd agree with you RTB. Because of that, John Elway won't touch Tony or even sign him as a rental QB. 

I agree with you about landing with the Jets though. 

8 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

...I must admit I missed it..but Siemian suffered a sprained foot Sunday night against Kansas City and he is not practicing this week.

So rookie Paxton Lynch is very likely to start for Denver at Jacksonville Sunday.

Denver's next game after that?  At Tennessee on Dec,. 11

Denver also lost their FB , had ankle injury early in game played on it but ineffective, had surgery this week

& on IR now

This was 1st game back after hand injury so had club for weeks

Broncos run game was effective when he was healthy

Its amazing how for kubiack who bases an offense on running , a FB and 3 TEs , utilizing effective OL zone blocking

he hasnt any of those

Peyton somehow inspired those around him to make the plays when needed

2 hours ago, southwest1 said:

If Romo didn't have  lingering or chronic back pain & struggle with completing a full 16 week season, I'd agree with you RTB. Because of that, John Elway won't touch Tony or even sign him as a rental QB. 

I agree with you about landing with the Jets though. 

all depends on $ , Romo would like Broncos, he said it, if they think Lynch could benefit with a year of Romo, I mean who is he learning from now, they may get him, but with their OL, & how injury prone he is he wont last a game, & if spend on him no money to upgrade OL

8 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

I think the Jets will go after Romo too. Romo will end up on one of those 2 teams IMO. Both teams have good defenses, but have terrible offenses. 

Denver has a better secondary, so Denver's D is better at the back end while the Jets' D is better at the front end, IMO. 

4 hours ago, bayone said:

Its amazing how for kubiack who bases an offense on running , a FB and 3 TEs , utilizing effective OL zone blocking

he hasnt any of those

Kubiak needs to adapt, and he hasn't. Not every team is going to have an RB like Arian Foster and the TEs and the OL fit for zone blocking all around. A part of Peyton's and their offensive struggles last year, outside the obvious physical decline was having to mesh Kubiak's system without the personnel for it. In fact, their OL was worse last year than this year because they had far more negative plays with RBs met in the backfield more often. The current pace has them at a 5-3 pace good for a 10-6 finish at best, IMO from their 7-4 they are at right now.

After their 7-0 start, it was 5-4 for them last year. Just goes to show you that teams have figured out how to attack their D and their team cannot win the same rate as the first half of last season when teams were still figuring out their D, plus the loss of Malik Jackson and constant injuries to Derek Wolfe in the middle, plus loss of Trevathan at MLB has hurt their run D as well. 

I honestly don't think Denver takes much of a step back with Lynch.  I think Siemian is alright but nothing outstanding.  I think Tenn matches up quite well with them.  Two good running backs, a QB that can pass or run and a defense with a pass rush. Tenn will also be playing at home.  Tenn secondary is the question, they are below average.  I have a feeling Tenn is going to beat Den, Hou and Jax and lose to Kansas City so they'll finish 9-7.  I am hoping Denver can win that one though, the Colts need all the help they can get.  I honestly think Houston loses to Green Bay, Indy and Tenn and I wouldn't count on them beating down the Bengals either, they could easily finish 7-9 or 8-8.  Colts need to beat the Jets, Houston, Minn and/or Oak (at least one) and Jax to get to 9-7 or 10-6.

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

Kubiak needs to adapt, and he hasn't. Not every team is going to have an RB like Arian Foster and the TEs and the OL fit for zone blocking all around. A part of Peyton's and their offensive struggles last year, outside the obvious physical decline was having to mesh Kubiak's system without the personnel for it. In fact, their OL was worse last year than this year because they had far more negative plays with RBs met in the backfield more often. The current pace has them at a 5-3 pace good for a 10-6 finish at best, IMO from their 7-4 they are at right now.

After their 7-0 start, it was 5-4 for them last year. Just goes to show you that teams have figured out how to attack their D and their team cannot win the same rate as the first half of last season when teams were still figuring out their D, plus the loss of Malik Jackson and constant injuries to Derek Wolfe in the middle, plus loss of Trevathan at MLB has hurt their run D as well. 

agreed &

Peyton made sure those on both sides of the ball were accountable & played there best and they wanted to for Peyton

who is the team leader now

now that Trevor has foot sprain suffered early in OT lMonday & FB whio was quite effective early when healthy, but then wore club on hand  last 3-4 weeks and back healthy for mondayu but hurt ankle & had surgery already & now on IR lets hes in big troublle

They thought vance walker would help plug the middle Vs the run but he on IR in preseason so middle often weak Vs the run and lack of push to collapse pocket as well 

Romo will get figuratively killed in Denver. He can't stay healthy behind one of the best lines every year. 

Even when he plays a full 15-16 games or close to it, he's hardly ever remotely healthy. This year is a wash and last season he played around 4 games. Just a bad idea with their line.

15 hours ago, bayone said:

all depends on $ , Romo would like Broncos, he said it, if they think Lynch could benefit with a year of Romo, I mean who is he learning from now, they may get him, but with their OL, & how injury prone he is he wont last a game, & if spend on him no money to upgrade OL

Your line of reasoning makes a lot of sense Barry if Romo is only looking to play football a yr or two. I just wonder how much Tony has left in the tank. That's not a laziness remark. It's more of a how much physical punishment he wants to subject his body to with financial security, a wife, & a child to look after now? 

I'm also curious if Elway sees Trevor as a QB place holder or a future franchise QB? Yeah, I know Lynch was drafted to be the heir apparent. It's just that a rocket arm doesn't always translate into success because if it did, Jay Cutler would still be a Bronco right now.  

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 1:53 PM, BloodyChamp said:

It's Simeon's first dang year playing. Anybody here writing him off is just covering for Peyton. As for Elway, he's a few quick reflex moves away from becoming Al Davis. 

He's 7th round choice, BC.....They never intended for him to start....

He's proven he's an NFL quarterback....certainly...but the day is coming when Lynch replaces him

12 hours ago, Synthetic said:

As long as Kubiak is the coach, Denver probably won't ever have a decent quarterback. Siemian is just more proof that his system is flawed and outdated, just like Peyton having his statistical worst season of his career under Kubiak was a red flag. 

here's the irony...

Kubiak needs/wants a some what mobile,. roll out QB...who starts plays over center...to help the run game and play action... But they dont roll Siemian out and he gets crushed repeatedly. he actually doesnt fit the Kubiak system either

..and Lynch was in the shotgun or pistol all his college career./He's had to learn how to play taking the snap

...but with all the sacrifices the QB and the offense (they have a full back and rarely use a slot receiver) make Denver is still near the bottom in the NFL running the ball. 

11 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

He's 7th round choice, BC.....They never intended for him to start....

He's proven he's an NFL quarterback....certainly...but the day is coming when Lynch replaces him

I don't know how many people intended for Brady and Hasselbeck to start either but they did, and ya'll will dream up some reason why 2015 Peyton would be better than Lynch and soon as he takes over anyway. 

9 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

I don't know how many people intended for Brady and Hasselbeck to start either but they did, and ya'll will dream up some reason why 2015 Peyton would be better than Lynch and soon as he takes over anyway. 

2015 Peyton was the QB on the team that won the SB so until one of these QB's they have now win it all, then yes Peyton is better. These QB's have almost the same Defense as last season and same Coach so if they are better than Peyton they should Repeat right? Don't even get me started on Brock Osweiler because only a fool would think he would've beat the Pats in an AFC Title Game, he would've crumbled under the pressure and anyone should be able to see that.

57 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

2015 Peyton was the QB on the team that won the SB so until one of these QB's they have now win it all, then yes Peyton is better.

:facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:

These QB's have almost the same Defense as last season and same Coach so if they are better than Peyton they should Repeat right?

Not necessarily

Don't even get me started on Brock Osweiler because only a fool would think he would've beat the Pats in an AFC Title Game, he would've crumbled under the pressure and anyone should be able to see that.

You're just trying to hard...

3 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

..... who is y'all?    

Trevor Siemian is a 7th round choice...who was NEVER supposed to start....He's done as well as he can

But the Broncos obviously drafted Paxton Lynch to play.   I don't knw why that's hard to understand

Watch Sunday and you'll see the Broncos future.

3 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

and you used Trevor Siemian is the same sentence as Tom Brady, didn't you?   wow

26 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

..... who is y'all?    

Trevor Siemian is a 7th round choice...who was NEVER supposed to start....He's done as well as he can

But the Broncos obviously drafted Paxton Lynch to play.   I don't knw why that's hard to understand

Watch Sunday and you'll see the Broncos future.

He is probably in the 1% of the population that thinks Denver would've won the SB last season if Osweiler would've played instead of Peyton haha. Pats fans were praying that guy would've played and you should hear Pats fans bash these 2 QB's they have now on their website and many admit they are glad Peyton is gone.

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He is probably in the 1% of the population that thinks Denver would've won the SB last season if Osweiler would've played instead of Peyton haha. Pats fans were praying that guy would've played and you should hear Pats fans bash these 2 QB's they have now on their website and many admit they are glad Peyton is gone.

Hey now...a lot of QB's could have won with that defense. Maybe not Osweiler, but a lot.

The thing that made a big difference was that Chargers game where Peyton came in and brought a spark. Without that game, they probably don't get homefield or the SB. But beyond that, let's not pretend like the offense was actually good and carried their weight last season because they didn't most of the time. That championship was a testament to Wade and his defense.

And honestly, the offense hasn't regressed from last season. It doesn't really matter who the QB is because that line is horrendous. It stunk last season, and it stinks now. The big change on Denver is the defense got downgraded from "SUFFOCATING" to "very good." They seem to have issues closing out games as of late.

2 minutes ago, Moose Of Woe said:

Hey now...a lot of QB's could have won with that defense. Maybe not Osweiler, but a lot.

The thing that made a big difference was that Chargers game where Peyton came in and brought a spark. Without that game, they probably don't get homefield or the SB. But beyond that, let's not pretend like the offense was actually good and carried their weight last season because they didn't most of the time. That championship was a testament to Wade and his defense.

Generally agree but with that Broncos OL and Kubiak's system I am not sure too many QB's could have played better than Peyton in that playoff run. He was actually pretty good when given time vs Pitt and NE.

5 minutes ago, 19colt said:

Generally agree but with that Broncos OL and Kubiak's system I am not sure too many QB's could have played better than Peyton in that playoff run. He was actually pretty good when given time vs Pitt and NE.

Well that's it - it mostly goes back to that O-line. 

Even so, Peyton was missing a LOT of throws even when he did have time. Also the receivers aside from Sanders were dropping passes like crazy. They still do. I swear on offense it seems like Sanders is the only one who you can feel confident will show up and actually perform every week. That dude is awesome. He should be getting top dollar, not DT.

The mid season shakeup with Brock was a good thing because Denver needed to try something different. It all worked out in the end.

And yes, I think Kubiak's system is awful. It was bad in HOU, and it took one of the best offenses in the league and turned it in to a joke in one offseason. If they had even a fair offense to go with that defense last season every game would have been a landslide.

This season, with the D being not as (but still very) good, the offense needs to be better than terrible to win in Jan/Feb. If they even make it that far.....   If the offense can be "middle of the pack" they'll have a shot at the championship. Right now, the defense isn't at the level where it can carry a garbage offense again.

3 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

I'm the 1% of the population of this board who doesn't have this shameful need to repeat how 2015 Peyton Manning is than 2016 Trevor Semian. When you say it so many times, every time you get a chance no less, it starts to have the opposite meaning.

Give it up, once again you started it by bringing up saying Y'all will dream up how 2015Peyton was better, blah blah. Dude you do this all the time than try to twist things around and get on Posters for defending Peyton.

1 hour ago, BloodyChamp said:

Well you will because you do...All the time. There's a difference between defending a guy and going all amfootball on Brady like on a guy. That's exactly who you sound like.

I can name at least 20 other Posters on here that defend Peyton as much as I do but since you picked me out of the crowd and compare me to AMFootball I will just take it as a compliment and move on.

On 12/1/2016 at 2:53 PM, BloodyChamp said:

It's Simeon's first dang year playing. Anybody here writing him off is just covering for Peyton. As for Elway, he's a few quick reflex moves away from becoming Al Davis. 

That would cover the other posters now wouldn't it but they're not going this far so...

7 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

That would cover the other posters now wouldn't it but they're not going this far so...

Where did I say I was writing him off? All I said was last years Peyton was better unless he wins a SB was my main point. Denver won it with Peyton correct? and many think a lot of other QB's could've won with that Defense so if Simeon or Lynch fail in the Playoffs than how would my opinion be incorrect?

peyton was not terrible last year, he was an important part of that playoff run

he made checks at the line like he always did and changed some key plays.  we dont see much of that from trevor

his run for a first down was pretty big in the patriots game.  that pretty much sealed it

11 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

peyton was not terrible last year, he was an important part of that playoff run

he made checks at the line like he always did and changed some key plays.  we dont see much of that from trevor

his run for a first down was pretty big in the patriots game.  that pretty much sealed it

I agree, to me they don't win the Pats game without him and why someone would think I AMFootball for defending that opinion is funny. What is funny is thinking any QB could've just waltz in off the street and won the SB last season for Denver. If someone thinks a Brock led team would've beat the Pats that is basically saying Tom Brady and Bill Belichick stink.