Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vegas has Indy favored over San Diego

DalTXColtsFan

Most of the lines I've seen say the Colts are one-and-a-half-point favorites.  I have to admit I was feeling pretty pessimistic about the Colts' chances on Sunday, especially given how San Diego has historically just owned the Colts regardless of how good or bad each team was.

San Diego looked pretty good blowing out an improved Jacksonville team, and took what I THOUGHT was a good Kansas City team to overtime, but KC lost to Houston who couldn't even score a point against the Patriots a couple nights ago, so who knows.

I have to admit I don't know too much about the Chargers, so it's hard for me to give a totally objective analysis, but if the offense from the Detroit game and the defense from the Denver game show up on the same day this team can beat any other team in the league on a given day.

Thoughts?

Slightly off topic, I do NOT want to see my Colts go 0-3.  They could have won each of their first two games.

If people think that the Colts will lose to the Chargers, or will at least have a really tough time with them, that's fine, however I don't see how SD being 'historically better against us' can count as a viable piece of reasoning to this. Yes, they have outplayed the Colts in the most recent match ups, however Andrew Luck as only played them once. SD did a lot of damage to Indy during the Peyton era, but most of the coaches an players on both sides are completely different. 

For the record, I don't think it'll be an easy game, but that's because Philip Rivers is an excellent QB and the Colts D is decimated to all heck, not because 'they have our number'.

41 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

If people think that the Colts will lose to the Chargers, or will at least have a really tough time with them, that's fine, however I don't see how SD being 'historically better against us' can count as a viable piece of reasoning to this. Yes, they have outplayed the Colts in the most recent match ups, however Andrew Luck as only played them once. SD did a lot of damage to Indy during the Peyton era, but most of the coaches an players on both sides are completely different. 

For the record, I don't think it'll be an easy game, but that's because Philip Rivers is an excellent QB and the Colts D is decimated to all heck, not because 'they have our number'.

I agree. I think we will win as the Chargers have some bad injuries too. If Gates doesn't play that will help us along with Allen and Woodhead being out. 

I haven't seen one Chargers game all year not even Preseason football. I know Philip Rivers will play lights out like he normally does. However, it's difficult to make a prediction or score off a team I haven't watched once since Sept. 11th though. 

I guess I abstain from any projections due to a lack of visual evidence or game viewership on my part. If our DBs are banged up our out, Rivers will have a field day with our secondary unfortunately. 

11 hours ago, DalTXColtsFan said:

Most of the lines I've seen say the Colts are one-and-a-half-point favorites.  I have to admit I was feeling pretty pessimistic about the Colts' chances on Sunday, especially given how San Diego has historically just owned the Colts regardless of how good or bad each team was.

San Diego looked pretty good blowing out an improved Jacksonville team, and took what I THOUGHT was a good Kansas City team to overtime, but KC lost to Houston who couldn't even score a point against the Patriots a couple nights ago, so who knows.

I have to admit I don't know too much about the Chargers, so it's hard for me to give a totally objective analysis, but if the offense from the Detroit game and the defense from the Denver game show up on the same day this team can beat any other team in the league on a given day.

Thoughts?

Slightly off topic, I do NOT want to see my Colts go 0-3.  They could have won each of their first two games.

I looked at the line 3-4 days ago and it was -3. I just checked to see if you were accurate and it's even lower than you say. Of the 6 sports books I looked at 3 had it even and 3 had it -1. So , yes .. the betting public has made a significant wager on SD to drive the line down that much. # to even is a significant move.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/25/chargers-colts-creating-strange-dynamics-in-las-vegas/

...apparently triggering some unusual dynamics regarding the betting line for the game.

The contest has gone from Indianapolis being a three-point favorite to a pick-’em proposition. In some locations, the three-point swing was preceded by the game being taken off the board.

So maybe Vegas knows something about Luck that the rest of us don’t, yet...

The game could go either way, as any game can.

With the past few years, the Colts have owned the Broncos-with the exception of last week.  Due to our injuries at CB our O-line issues on the right side, Indy lost.

Indy hasn't played well against the Chargers but that can change today.  

Rivers is going to pick apart our DBs but if Indy can get pressure, that can change.