Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

No Peyton on TV this season (except commercials)

19colt

Makes perfect sense to me that he wouldn't rush into anything, and take this year off to enjoy his family.  I know he was resported as saying one thing he was really looking forward to was getting to watch Eli play.  I expect he'll be at several of Eli's games.

11 hours ago, Gramz said:

Makes perfect sense to me that he wouldn't rush into anything, and take this year off to enjoy his family.  I know he was resported as saying one thing he was really looking forward to was getting to watch Eli play.  I expect he'll be at several of Eli's games.

Gramz, I don't ever remember Peyton saying that he wanted to be on TV analyzing games and I think I know why..

I think it would be very difficult for him to criticize other players and play calling.

he's just not that guy..

..and you hit it on the nose.

I remember Archie doting on his boys because Archie's dad wasn't around when he was growing up.

I think any job Peyton take will have him coming home to his family most every night.

I'm going to miss him playing and just talking up this week;s game but I;m glad he's not going to be on 

6 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Gramz, I don't ever remember Peyton saying that he wanted to be on TV analyzing games and I think I know why..

I think it would be very difficult for him to criticize other players and play calling.

he's just not that guy..

..and you hit it on the nose.

I remember Archie doting on his boys because Archie's dad wasn't around when he was growing up.

I think any job Peyton take will have him coming home to his family most every night.

I'm going to miss him playing and just talking up this week;s game but I;m glad he's not going to be on 

Agree.  It is going to be so strange for me  for him to not be playing,   but on the upside....  My full attention will be on Colts now. :)

3 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Agree.  It is going to be so strange for me  for him to not be playing,   but on the upside....  My full attention will be on Colts now. :)

That's true. I like Denver and John Elway and I wish them well. Especially against the Patriots (and Houston)

I love their defense and guys like Emmanuel Sanders and CJ Anderson.

I'll root for them against most teams

But I dont think I'm going to CARE about them each week. You know what I mean?  

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

That's true. I like Denver and John Elway and I wish them well. Especially against the Patriots (and Houston)

I love their defense and guys like Emmanuel Sanders and CJ Anderson.

I'll root for them against most teams

But I dont think I'm going to CARE about them each week. You know what I mean?  

Oh trust me,  I know EXACTLY what you mean.  I am right there with you. haha

Gramz....By the way..

..There is a new Gatorade commercial series called "Letters to Peyton'

Many people from many places commenting on the fact that Peyton wrote them a letter at one time or another.

I cant post it but it should be easy to find.

..and well worth the effort

5 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Gramz....By the way..

..There is a new Gatorade commercial series called "Letters to Peyton'

Many people from many places commenting on the fact that Peyton wrote them a letter at one time or another.

I cant post it but it should be easy to find.

..and well worth the effort

Yes, I agree  it is great.

http://forums.colts.com/topic/45685-peyton-manning-letters-commercial-tonight/?do=findComment&comment=1328740