Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bluefire4 Mock Draft 1.0

I'm going to take a shot at this..

1st Round-  Eric Kendricks, ILB, UCLA

It's really hard to determine exactly where people will end up being drafted before the actual event happens but I really hope Kendricks is there at our pick. Nate Irving is far from a sure thing coming off the ACL, Freeman will probably be resigned but he's an RFA and it isn't certain' and hopefully D'Qwell is gone next season. I think getting a guy with great coverage skills and promising run technique could be beneficial in the long run.

2nd Round- Carl Davis, DT, Iowa

I'd rather have Jordan Phillips here because I don't know exactly where Davis fits on the defense, but I think he and Davis will both be off the board. However, if Carl Davis manages to drop this far, I think his pass rushing talent is too special to pass on. He could be the missing piece on our defensive line.

3rd Round- David Johnson, RB, Northern Iowa

David Johnson began this process as an underrated back but has started to gain some momentum. Im my opinion, he has a shot to be the best back in the draft. I love his running style and we need a bigger back to complement the smaller backs we have in Gore and Boom.

4th Round- Indianapolis Colts: Kurtis Drummond, S, Michigan State

I've been high on Kurtis Drummond for a while now. I think his coverage ability could really help gel together our secondary. I expect Grigson to sign a free agent safety somewhere and have him compete with Drummond and Winston Guy for the starting job.

5th Round- OT/OG Andrew Donnal, Iowa
I may be in the minority here, but I think our guard position is fine with Herremans, Thomas, Thornton, Heenan, etc. at the position. I think our tackle depth could use some help though with only Reitz and a rehabilitating Ulrick John available. Good thing about Donnal though he has some concerns, is that he can play inside as well as out.

6th Round- Justin Cox, CB, Mississippi State,  Shane Carden, QB, East Carolina
I know people may be opposed to selecting a quarterback but we need quarterback depth for training camp behind Luck and Hasselbeck. 

7th Round- WR Chris Harper, California, CB Julian Wilson, Oklahoma

Sorry for the premature post. Technical difficulties. 

I like the mock a lot. 

I just think S needs to be addressed earlier. I like Kendricks, but don't love him for the 3-4.. I see a better fit as a 4-3 OLB, like LaVonte David. I like the Davis put but think there should be a late round pick invested on a full-time NT. I really like the Donnal pick though, and think if he's there in the 5th that would be a good pick. David Johnsons a pretty good pick too, just some other RB's I'd like before him. Good work though, nice mock.

I'm going to take a shot at this..

1st Round-  Eric Kendricks, ILB, UCLA

It's really hard to determine exactly where people will end up being drafted before the actual event happens but I really hope Kendricks is there at our pick. Nate Irving is far from a sure thing coming off the ACL, Freeman will probably be resigned but he's an RFA and it isn't certain' and hopefully D'Qwell is gone next season. I think getting a guy with great coverage skills and promising run technique could be beneficial in the long run.

2nd Round- Carl Davis, DT, Iowa

I'd rather have Jordan Phillips here because I don't know exactly where Davis fits on the defense, but I think he and Davis will both be off the board. However, if Carl Davis manages to drop this far, I think his pass rushing talent is too special to pass on. He could be the missing piece on our defensive line.

3rd Round- David Johnson, RB, Northern Iowa

David Johnson began this process as an underrated back but has started to gain some momentum. Im my opinion, he has a shot to be the best back in the draft. I love his running style and we need a bigger back to complement the smaller backs we have in Gore and Boom.

4th Round- Indianapolis Colts: Kurtis Drummond, S, Michigan State

I've been high on Kurtis Drummond for a while now. I think his coverage ability could really help gel together our secondary. I expect Grigson to sign a free agent safety somewhere and have him compete with Drummond and Winston Guy for the starting job.

5th Round- OT/OG Andrew Donnal, Iowa
I may be in the minority here, but I think our guard position is fine with Herremans, Thomas, Thornton, Heenan, etc. at the position. I think our tackle depth could use some help though with only Reitz and a rehabilitating Ulrick John available. Good thing about Donnal though he has some concerns, is that he can play inside as well as out.

6th Round- Justin Cox, CB, Mississippi State,  Shane Carden, QB, East Carolina
I know people may be opposed to selecting a quarterback but we need quarterback depth for training camp behind Luck and Hasselbeck. 

7th Round- WR Chris Harper, California, CB Julian Wilson, Oklahoma

Sorry for the premature post. Technical difficulties. 

if carl davis somehow is there in the 2nd i'd be ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL over that

I'm warming up to the idea of grabbing Danielle Hunter in the first. Let him learn his first year, put him in situations to succeed to build his confidence. Guy has all the potential in the world, solid against the run, could develop into a great OLB. Take over for Cole and Mathis with Newsome.

Donnal is a nice choice late. I am interested in seeing what Ulrick John can give us in year 2. 

I don't see us taking Kendricks. I think he is too small to take an NFL pounding. I also see us running with Freeman and Jackson as the starters. Kendricks likely will not start. 

I would rather wait and take a linebacker like JAYLON SMITH from Notre Dame next year. (One can hope)