Photo

Sean Payton contract extension voided by NFL

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 House

House
  • 7133 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:53 AM

Just saw this breaking news on sport center. Sean Payton will be a free agent after this season.

Speculation says he could come over and be the Cowboy head coach next year. Or he could remain with the Saints.

Does he stay or does he go? Interesting situation.
In another moment, down went Alice after it, never once considering how in the world she was to get out again.

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind. Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 MTC

MTC

Smells like a canal

• Community Moderator
  • 8186 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

He'll stay with the Saints.

As0FtW6.png

Formerly known as ManningToCollie.

#3 House

House
  • 7133 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

He'll stay with the Saints.

I was told once, a certain someone in Cleveland was no doubt going to stay with the Cavaliers, and we should all know how that turned out lol.

But I agree. He's a god in New Orleans why leave?
In another moment, down went Alice after it, never once considering how in the world she was to get out again.

#4 JWF

JWF
  • 1056 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

I dont see why he would leave the Saints. The city wants him there, brees wants him there and the owner im sure wants him there. Im sure Benson will pay him a ton of money to stay.

Id imagine the Cowboys would have to back the federal reserve up to his door step to pry him away. I guess its possible though knowing Jones.

#5 southwest1

southwest1
  • 14569 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

He's a god in New Orleans why leave?

You said it best House. I can't say it any better than you just did. Bravo!!!
"Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack." Sun Tzu

#6 Bogie

Bogie
  • 2577 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

Why the NFL did this is beyond me, this is so stupid. Oh wait I forgot, we're the big bad "bounty' hunters, nevermind :rollseyes: . Confirmed bounty pool running in Houston and the Jets organization right now and the NFL don't care at all, but it's always used to demonize the Saints and scapegoat us.

okv09w.jpg

#7 House

House
  • 7133 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:24 AM

You said it best House. I can't say it any better than you just did. Bravo!!!

I try to keep things simple :)

#8 Dustin

Dustin

prolly just arguing

• 14272 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:35 AM

Why the NFL did this is beyond me, this is so stupid. Oh wait I forgot, we're the big bad "bounty' hunters, nevermind :rollseyes: . Confirmed bounty pool running in Houston and the Jets organization right now and the NFL don't care at all, but it's always used to demonize the Saints and scapegoat us.

It's about the wording in the contract. Plus this was being investigated in 2011, before all the bounty stuff.

I am become Boomstick, Destroyer of Worlds.

#9 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 14068 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:54 AM

It's about the wording in the contract. Plus this was being investigated in 2011, before all the bounty stuff.

Which means if they fix the wording they could just do a new deal quickly if Payton wants too.
Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#10 ColtsBlueFL

ColtsBlueFL

Off IR but on to the PUP list

• Forum Moderator
  • 3763 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

Wasn't Payton an assistant under 'da Tuna in Dallas? Wasn't he partly involved in the selection of Romo? And did they attend same college? Hmmmm.....
“There’s no question he’s (Luck) a complete football player and one of the top quarterbacks in this league already. He has a great career in front of him but I think he’s already established himself as a very poised and talented player that can do a lot of things to beat you and he manages his team well and plays good situational football.” -New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick

#11 Rich Cannon

Rich Cannon
  • 1309 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:06 AM

The Saints need him as you can see, they better bring him back
(天) I RESPECT EVERYONES OPINION.....(SARCASM)

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      22 Dec
    MTC

According to Howard Balzar, ex. Colt CB Louchiez Purifoy has been on a four game suspension since December 1st. (Reasons unknown but probably for PED's).

View All Updates