Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jets Inquiring About Winston Justice

krunk

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cardinals line could not have looked worse last night and I guarantee you the have the same approx # of linemen in camp. Do they have depth because of the volume of guys they have currently on the roster? The point is the number you speak of have no meaning as it relates to whether or not the Colts have depth. If none of those guys can play, what do they really have?

I know that, I just figure we would get someone through the waiver eire that may be released, I just meant that with all the new acquisitions at O Line we really dont know how well they would do if in the game, so far the second string of guys that have been in the last two games looked to have done decent enough, Personally I think our 2nd string of O Linemen have done as well or better then theres

I know that, I just figure we would get someone through the waiver eire that may be released, I just meant that with all the new acquisitions at O Line we really dont know how well they would do if in the game, so far the second string of guys that have been in the last two games looked to have done decent enough, Personally I think our 2nd string of O Linemen have done better or as well as there first stringers,Which isnt saying much at all but picking up 1 or 2 O Lineman unless there are stars wont do much

Am I crazy for thinking McGlynn should be cut? Olsen and Tepper have played better....maybe I am being too hard on him? NOT? Pagano actually talked admirably about his leadership......but he almost got number 12 annihilated.....with help from Justice...Tepper is without question the 'strongest' physically....

He THREW Vick Ballard five yards in game 1..

lol I was against getting Mcglynn from the start, Honestly he plays soft for that big a man

OK...if you want to say they were ready....I will not argue...I agree will you too much :)

I just think the line as a whole looked pretty good against the Steelers. McGlynn was definitely the weak link against the Rams but he got injured early on so we don't really know how he will look moving forward. Just think he at least needs a little more time before we can say that he's a bum and needs to go. Same with Justice, like I said, I think he has been adequate so far and there isn't really much more we could ask for at this point.

I just think the line as a whole looked pretty good against the Steelers. McGlynn was definitely the weak link against the Rams but he got injured early on so we don't really know how he will look moving forward. Just think he at least needs a little more time before we can say that he's a bum and needs to go. Same with Justice, like I said, I think he has been adequate so far and there isn't really much more we could ask for at this point.

My thing is Tepper has looked good and Olsen has looked decent (Not great) so why mess with it

My thing is Tepper has looked good and Olsen has looked decent (Not great) so why mess with it

I don't have a problem with either Olsen or Tepper starting if they are the better option, I just think people have been a little quick to throw McGlynn under the bus.

I don't have a problem with either Olsen or Tepper starting if they are the better option, I just think people have been a little quick to throw McGlynn under the bus.

If he didnt get bullied around when he was starting here and also when he was starting in Cincy (4 games), he was actually a backup there and started as a backup in Philly before injury to I believe it was Jamal Jackson then I would agree and didnt start on a team that gave up 49 sacks (Eagles that year) then I would agree

Believe me...... embarrassing on names sometimes....I spell it right 24 out of 24......then someone with an S on their chest.....has a pet peeve...LOVE it...good chuckle!!!

Yeah, I just don't like hearing people talk about "the Castonzo's of the world," etc. I think it's silly.

Obviously he (75) was a leader in practice.....needs to show it in games...pre or reg. season. I watched the Rams game 4 times.....McGlynn was abysmal. Justice may have gotten the bad rap for trying to save him......I wanted to give McGlynn credit for leadership.......his play was nauseating. Yes he got injured...at the time I said it was his pride....

Hard to not notice inept offensive line play.....Andrew's eyes looked like Betty Davis/Marty Feldman.......and 12 got hit hard too.....

If he didnt get bullied around when he was starting here and also when he was starting in Cincy (4 games), he was actually a backup there and started as a backup in Philly before injury to I believe it was Jamal Jackson then I would agree and didnt start on a team that gave up 49 sacks (Eagles that year) then I would agree

I'll admit, that I never seen him play in Cincy or Philly so I can't speak of his play there.

Obviously he (75) was a leader in practice.....needs to show it in games...pre or reg. season. I watched the Rams game 4 times.....McGlynn was abysmal. Justice may have gotten the bad rap for trying to save him......I wanted to give McGlynn credit for leadership.......his play was nauseating. Yes he got injured...at the time I said it was his pride....

Hard to not notice inept offensive line play.....Andrew's eyes looked like Betty Davis/Marty Feldman.......and 12 got hit hard too.....

McGlynn may have injured his ankle on the 1st series, since it was only 1 play. Maybe he tried to tough it out instead of coming out after 1 play. I don't really know and maybe I'm just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I would like to see a little more from him before I make any judgments on him.

I'll admit, that I never seen him play in Cincy or Philly so I can't speak of his play there.

McGlynn may have injured his ankle on the 1st series, since it was only 1 play. Maybe he tried to tough it out instead of coming out after 1 play. I don't really know and maybe I'm just trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I would like to see a little more from him before I make any judgments on him.

Well I cant sit here and say I followed him every game that year he started in Philly but I watched those 4 in Cincy he started in

I am with ya Balzer....maybe I was too quick to judge....will watch 4 times the next time he plays....I played guard....back when 230 was a guard. :) I hope he is healthy and gets a fair chance.

I am with ya Balzer....maybe I was too quick to judge....will watch 4 times the next time he plays....I played guard....back when 230 was a guard. :) I hope he is healthy and gets a fair chance.

I tend to think 5 years is chance enough (18 starts in 26 games played) when your getting bullied like he has

Didn't he only play like half a quarter in the first game then got hurt? Not much to go on.

started 4 games last year in Cincy (at Guard) and got thrown around and started a whole season in Philly in 2010 but that was at Center and 49 sacks were given up that year, I watched those 4 games in Cincy, I will watch those games in Philly, maybe I am being to hard on him but Philly and Cincy dont think I am, Not every O Lineman who is the NFL is starter material

I tend to think 5 years is chance enough (18 starts in 26 games played) when your getting bullied like he has

Wasn't going to argue anymore....as you know I am not a fan of McGlynn's play.....Both Tepper and Olsen have played better.....and even Hicks other than a holding call...Jason Foster is never talked about on the left side.....good to have a 'quiet camp....:)

Wasn't going to argue anymore....as you know I am not a fan of McGlynn's play.....Both Tepper and Olsen have played better.....and even Hicks other than a holding call...Jason Foster is never talked about on the left side.....good to have a 'quiet camp.... :)

Havent really paid much attention to Hicks to be honest just here and there, Im liking Tepper and Olsen but with the vanilla defenses we have all seen I suppose cant really read much into anything until after this game where starters should be playing alot. Im not sure the Colts or Redskins will be game planning for this game or not

Even if Olsen and Tepper have been better... What happens when one of them, or Reitz, gets hurt?

If people around here got their way, McGlynn would be cut, and Justice would be traded, and our starters would be Castonzo-Reitz-Satele-Olsen-Linkenbach (which I don't like at all), and the backups would be Shipley and Olsen, and a bunch of guys nobody is impressed with.

What happens if Castonzo gets injured? I mean, let's say Castonzo and Reitz can't play in a game at some point int the season. Are we really comfortable with a line of Foster-Tepper-Satele-Olsen-Link, with, I dunno, Hicks and Baker or someone we sign that week coming in to give those guys some rest?

Actually, in reality, if people around here got their way Link would be cut too, and we'd go into the season with Castonzo-Tepper-Satele-Olsen-Reitz, and no backups at all.

What if the entire team gets injured and then what? I don't see how the possibility of someone getting injured is a reason to hold onto bad players. Plus why would you move Reitz from LG to RT, Tepper is a better candidate for RT than Reitz. Plus the back-up comment is not true at all. The Colts have George Foster who played very well at Pittsburgh who has experience at both LT and RT and then they have Anderson as the emergency guard. But please don't try to make it sound like McGlynn, Justice and Link are irreplaceable players.

I wonder if the trade scenario will be brought up into todays broadcast of the Colts vs Skins game, I'd bet it will be but actually wouldnt be surprised if the team said dont bring it up either. Of course I dont think the broadcasters would have to agree to it but I think they would out of respect since they will be Colts affiliated. Maybe they have names that we haven't brought up

I wonder if the trade scenario will be brought up into todays broadcast of the Colts vs Skins game, I'd bet it will be but actually wouldnt be surprised if the team said dont bring it up either. Of course I dont think the broadcasters would have to agree to it but I think they would out of respect since they will be Colts affiliated. Maybe they have names that we haven't brought up

May or may not be.....some have the NFL Network.....some have Don Fischer and Jim Sorgi.....gonna be fun....I cannot wait!!

why not? Reitz, hasn't played Tackle & IMO is to slow footed. I really LIKE him right NOW at LG I see alittle fire & nasty ness I didn't see last year I would keep him there. Castonzo & him seem to be working well together. Justice doesn't run block well enough to be a guard IMO & altough I am not I fan of his he did play well last week in Pitt. Tepper I don't like, Olsen trays hard the more he plays the better he seems I would leave it alone, for now & if Justice would need to be replaced I think Link plays RT well enough! I would watch the waiver wire for a guard though.

Usually when people say no, they give a reason why they say no so everyone else can understand why they said no in the first place......Makes it seem like they actually said no for a legitimate reason and not to just look 'silly'

There was no time to go into the reasons look further down there are now. the word No, if I saw that would mean exactly what it ment It sounds like a bad idea!