Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck Autograph

Gavin

Hey guys kind of off topic, but since I can't create one yet I thought this was the best bet. I'm planning on going to the final (and my very first) practice tomorrow and wanted to know what to expect, and the chances of getting a ball signed by Luck, Reggie, etc? Also are cameras allowed in? Thanks everyone!!!

Hey guys kind of off topic, but since I can't create one yet I thought this was the best bet. I'm planning on going to the final (and my very first) practice tomorrow and wanted to know what to expect, and the chances of getting a ball signed by Luck, Reggie, etc? Also are cameras allowed in? Thanks everyone!!!

Cameras yes, recording no, and there isnt really a sure fire way of getting a ball signed by Luck to be honest BUT my strategy has been very simple when they give autographs (directly after practice they walk over and sign autographs and take pictures) is to not waste time going to one end of the fence or the other but instead walk thhe sortest distance between you and the fence and the reason is because thats where you are most likely to be at the front of the ffence instead in the back lost in the ground, another thing is sit down low in the bleachers if possible

Cameras yes, recording no, and there isnt really a sure fire way of getting a ball signed by Luck to be honest BUT my strategy has been very simple when they give autographs (directly after practice they walk over and sign autographs and take pictures) is to not waste time going to one end of the fence or the other but instead walk thhe sortest distance between you and the fence and the reason is because thats where you are most likely to be at the front of the ffence instead in the back lost in the ground, another thing is sit down low in the bleachers if possible

Thanks Gavin for the information and the advice I really appreciate it. I wish I was able to go years prior, but I've got to say that my excitement level is crazy right now. I just hope it's a great time for everyone there. Thanks again!

I went to camp for the first time on the 2nd day of practice. Like Gavin said, cameras are allowed but there are signs everywhere stating no videotaping. When i was there they practiced on the practice field and not the main field. I elected to stand for the entire practice at the rope beside the bleachers. I figured it would help with autographs. That day all the running backs did their drills right in front of me. Probably only 10 yards away at most. During a break, Reggie Wayne walked over and gave a young kid a football 5 feet from me. Now, when practice was over all the people who sat on the bleachers rushed down to the rope. I did have a couple kids cut in front of me. So expect for it to happen or at least try to happen. I had Dwight Freeney walk right to me and i got his autograph. I also got Zibby's, Justin Snow, Korey Lindsey, and Pat Mcafee's. Andrew Luck went clear to the other end of the field to sign so there was no way i was getting his autograph. You kinda have to get "lucky" and hope he goes to an area close to you, either that or run over to where he is going and pray you aren't stuck too far back. I will say that of all the players Pat Mcafee was absolutely the most down to earth of all of them. Speaks with everyone, stays well after to sign, even gave my son a bottle of gatorade. On the flip side of that, Donald Brown completely blew me off and i have no idea why. He did sign for the 2 who cut in front of me though. Brown was the only one i had a problem getting to sign, all the others that walked down the line had no problems signing.

I went to camp for the first time on the 2nd day of practice. Like Gavin said, cameras are allowed but there are signs everywhere stating no videotaping. When i was there they practiced on the practice field and not the main field. I elected to stand for the entire practice at the rope beside the bleachers. I figured it would help with autographs. That day all the running backs did their drills right in front of me. Probably only 10 yards away at most. During a break, Reggie Wayne walked over and gave a young kid a football 5 feet from me. Now, when practice was over all the people who sat on the bleachers rushed down to the rope. I did have a couple kids cut in front of me. So expect for it to happen or at least try to happen. I had Dwight Freeney walk right to me and i got his autograph. I also got Zibby's, Justin Snow, Korey Lindsey, and Pat Mcafee's. Andrew Luck went clear to the other end of the field to sign so there was no way i was getting his autograph. You kinda have to get "lucky" and hope he goes to an area close to you, either that or run over to where he is going and pray you aren't stuck too far back. I will say that of all the players Pat Mcafee was absolutely the most down to earth of all of them. Speaks with everyone, stays well after to sign, even gave my son a bottle of gatorade. On the flip side of that, Donald Brown completely blew me off and i have no idea why. He did sign for the 2 who cut in front of me though. Brown was the only one i had a problem getting to sign, all the others that walked down the line had no problems signing.

Thanks to you too Indy1888! I love this board for how nice and helpful you guys can be on here. That does seem odd about Brown, but if I can get a couple big name guys I'll be happy and hopefully try next year! Also quick question... I read that it will be a final walk through tomorrow. I was wondering does that mean a normal practice or just focusing on certian things. Sorry still kind of new to this. Thanks in advance!!

Thanks to you too Indy1888! I love this board for how nice and helpful you guys can be on here. That does seem odd about Brown, but if I can get a couple big name guys I'll be happy and hopefully try next year! Also quick question... I read that it will be a final walk through tomorrow. I was wondering does that mean a normal practice or just focusing on certian things. Sorry still kind of new to this. Thanks in advance!!

Not sure exactly what tomorrows plan is since it's the last day. But what they have been doing is having a walkthrough in the morning that was closed to the public and then an actual practice in the afternoon. I see tomorrows practice is a morning practice but its open to the public so maybe it will be a normal practice. The camp schedule does show it as a regular offense/defense and special teams practice.