Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Couple miscellaneous observations

ztboiler

• I was mesmerized for a moment when Baker and Nsekhe came into the game as 3rd string tackles. Those guys are specimens. I realize there is a reason they weren't drafted (and/or were playing in the AFL), but wow, those guys look like Tackles in this league if they can ever learn the position.

• I had to do a double take when Darren Evans came in wearing #32. He wears a uniform an awful lot like Edge did. I'm not really making a comparison to one of the greatest Colts of all time, just that he really reminded me of Edge in appearance and quite a bit in running style too....though Edge's running style was so unique that it is hard to compare.

• For those critical of the O-line today...consider the resources we had to work with for starters. We signed a solid FA center (good move) and added 3 castoffs that fit our cap constraints. Serviceable would be a great achievement, and I thought they played a little better than that after they settled down. The second drive, 3 and out, was a mess, but they were pretty solid after that. First impressions can be a doozy for fans, and that was a bad one, but they played serviceably or better thereafter...give it a chance to come together.

Don't get to used to Evans wearing 32... he's going to have to give it up when Edge gets inducted into the Ring of Honor.

No argument there. He'll probably have to give it up before then.....though I do like him. It is just hard to see him beating out 31, 34, 33 and 26.

Don't get to used to Evans wearing 32... he's going to have to give it up when Edge gets inducted into the Ring of Honor.

Just because they put someone in the ring of honor doesnt mean they are going to retire the number.. I dont think Irsay is going to retire number 32

Vinatieri wears #4 Harbaugh is in the ring

Fleener wears #80 Bill Brooks is in the ring

McGlenn wears #75 Chris Hinton is in the ring

No argument there. He'll probably have to give it up before then.....though I do like him. It is just hard to see him beating out 31, 34, 33 and 26.

He has potential, but I don't see him making the roster. I don't think he's good enough for the NFL. He's not fast, and he's not big/strong. Also, he needs to work on his fumbling. He fumbled today, once in TC, and I believe once last year. But he's a hard worker, and that's always great.

There is a large difference between being in the Ring of Honor and having your number retired by the team. See Jvan's post.

Good to see Luck with the beard that's trimmed at the jaw line...much better than the neck beard! Seriously, I love his composure, his humbleness and enthusiasm. He doesn't have a big ego, he knows his abilities and it looks like he'll maximize them for years to come. He made good decisions, his passes were on target, he didn't take a sack and had no turnovers.