Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TC

buccolts

I know it's only day 2, but I'm planning to bring the family down to Indy for this coming weekend, and attend TC next Sunday (probably).

Was wondering if anyone who's already been can comment on the experience, what to expect, what's different from past camps, etc.

Also, any early indications on what the weather is expected to be there next weekend?

Any info would be appreciated.

They have a pretty good amount of fun things for kids to do, and some activities for anyone else as well. They have concessions near the practice fields and back at "Colts City" (though prices are high as to be expected). They have a make shift pro shop set up (also very expensive), and they have an abundance of porta pottys and water fountains. I would recommend getting seats early if you want get a good view of everything. The higher spots on the bleachers go fast. Practices start pretty much right on schedule and many players will sign autographs right after practices conclude. Drills players run will vary from practice to practice, but it seems that you'll usually see plenty of scrimmage drills. My personal favorite is when they run the hurry-up offense (2-minute drill). Parking close is $10, then there's a grass lot not much further which is $5, and then there are lots that won't charge you (just keep an eye out for signs). All-in-all worth it! I've gone twice now and I'll certainly go again!

I know it's only day 2, but I'm planning to bring the family down to Indy for this coming weekend, and attend TC next Sunday (probably).

Was wondering if anyone who's already been can comment on the experience, what to expect, what's different from past camps, etc.

Also, any early indications on what the weather is expected to be there next weekend?

Any info would be appreciated.

Weather is supposed to be wait for it, hot. I know that's not the most helpful thing in the world but I saw 90's for the weekend with a small chance of showers. So tell them to drink water and bring it if you can.

They have a pretty good amount of fun things for kids to do, and some activities for anyone else as well. They have concessions near the practice fields and back at "Colts City" (though prices are high as to be expected). They have a make shift pro shop set up (also very expensive), and they have an abundance of porta pottys and water fountains. I would recommend getting seats early if you want get a good view of everything. The higher spots on the bleachers go fast. Practices start pretty much right on schedule and many players will sign autographs right after practices conclude. Drills players run will vary from practice to practice, but it seems that you'll usually see plenty of scrimmage drills. My personal favorite is when they run the hurry-up offense (2-minute drill). Parking close is $10, then there's a grass lot not much further which is $5, and then there are lots that won't charge you (just keep an eye out for signs). All-in-all worth it! I've gone twice now and I'll certainly go again!

Thanks for the info Funk.

That's very helpful.

I guess we'll hit the downtown mall for gear while we're in town. :)

I haven't been to Indy in about 8 years. My wife in about 20. The kids, never.

Never been to TC.

We can't wait to get there.

Weather is supposed to be wait for it, hot. I know that's not the most helpful thing in the world but I saw 90's for the weekend with a small chance of showers. So tell them to drink water and bring it if you can.

:) Thanks, I was afraid that'd be the case.

Well, we'll make the best of it.

Thanks for the info.

That's very helpful.

Never been to TC.

The prices at the Pro Shop set up at TC are the same as the Pro Shop @ Circle Centre Mall or the one at the LOS, so you'll have to hit some other stores if you're wanting any cheaper merch. As funk said they are high at the Pro Shop but it's not like they are just trying to stick it to those coming to TC by having any higher than normal prices.

The prices at the Pro Shop set up at TC are the same as the Pro Shop @ Circle Centre Mall or the one at the LOS, so you'll have to hit some other stores if you're wanting any cheaper merch. As funk said they are high at the Pro Shop but it's not like they are just trying to stick it to those coming to TC by having any higher than normal prices.

Ah, thanks for the heads up on that.

I agree; prices on jerseys are the same at both shops. I found a "novelty" white, V-necked, polyester shirt with a sequined blue horseshoe intertwined, at the Pro Shop @ Circle Centre Mall for $7.50. Also, I purchased a really nice Colt's jacket (part leather) at Kohl's for $35-40 dollars, on sale.

I am attending the Colts vs Bengals pre-season game on August 30th. Will need to step up and purchase a jersey.

That's very helpful.

Never been to TC.

There is not a mall downtown but in the Mounds Mall there is a sports shop and you will pass the Mounds Mall heading to TC. I think there is also a sports shop close to the TC on the campus during camp. Just ask one of the Volunteers or they have an Information Booth just as you enter the camp. If you get their early you can also get a program with the players listed. Hope this has helped.

There is not a mall downtown but in the Mounds Mall there is a sports shop and you will pass the Mounds Mall heading to TC. I think there is also a sports shop close to the TC on the campus during camp. Just ask one of the Volunteers or they have an Information Booth just as you enter the camp. If you get their early you can also get a program with the players listed. Hope this has helped.

Yes, that helps a lot.

Thanks to everyone for your input.

Gotta ask though: When you say there's no mall downtown, are you referring to Anderson?

There's still the mall a few block from LOS isn't there?

Sorry, it's been a long time.

Yes, that helps a lot.

Thanks to everyone for your input.

Gotta ask though: When you say there's no mall downtown, are you referring to Anderson?

There's still the mall a few block from LOS isn't there?

Sorry, it's been a long time.

He means Anderson. Circle Center Mall is still there, and it's quite nice. :)