Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2 Articles Wed. Afternoon Injury Non Participants( Gonzo Out Too & Collie Still No Word On Knee Severity )We Get Injured In Practice To Often I Think

bayone

We Get Injured In Practice To Often I Think

( where else did Gonzo then get hurt, this happened a lot last year to various players )

DB-Al Afalava (Groin)

DE-Jamaal Anderson (Groin)

WR-Austin Collie (Knee)

WR-Anthony Gonzalez (Hamstring)

DT-Tommie Harris (Hamstring)

CB-Jerraud Powers (Rest)

LB-Ernie Sims (Appendectomy)

OG-Jaimie Thomas (Back)

WR-Reggie Wayne (Personal)

Colts .com

My link

INDY STAR

Coach Jim Caldwell said Wayne had a personal matter to deal with while Gonzalez was “working through a couple of physical issues, one in particular.’’

--- a couple so what else besides the hamstring ??? ----

The team announced Gonzalez only was out with a hamstring injury.

Collie, meanwhile, missed another practice with a knee injury of unspecified nature and severity.

My link

With Gonzo and Collie seemingly beat up all ready no wonder the Colts are looking at bringing in TJ. White is all ready on the PUP list so he will be gone for like 6 weeks. We definitely need another guy in there.

Unspecified knee injury and the Colts does not go well together. Anytime the Colts are being secretive about an injury it sends up alarms.

With Gonzo and Collie seemingly beat up all ready no wonder the Colts are looking at bringing in TJ. White is all ready on the PUP list so he will be gone for like 6 weeks. We definitely need another guy in there.

Unspecified knee injury and the Colts does not go well together. Anytime the Colts are being secretive about an injury it sends up alarms.

They have the option of taking White off the PUP list at anytime during the preseason, same goes for Manning. If he starts the season on the PUP list than you have to worry.

I wont speculate on Collie until I hear a more detailed report about his knee, but Gonzalez, it seems like every time I hear his name its injury related. If you sneeze on the guy hes out for 5 weeks. I know im being over critical but playing football in the past it is very frustrating when you have teamates that you need to contribute that simply cant due to physical ailments. If gonzo doenst play this year he will go down as one of the greatest colts to never play. :error:

Even when Colts say things are ok u have to wonder , ala Harrison

it seems like the colts strength and conditioning coaches are not doing that good of job stretching them out and makin sure they are good and warmed up.......

Nonsense. The Colts essentially are a multi-million dollar corporation whose very success is directly tied to the health of its players. You don't think they turn over every stone possible in an effort to get their guys on the field. This includes the latest in health, nutrition, excercise, etc. You name it, I would bet they have looked at it. This is a team that I have personally witnessed that practices how they stand for the National Anthem. So it unfathomable to me that this is a lack of proper work by the strength and conditioning coaches.

it seems like the colts strength and conditioning coaches are not doing that good of job stretching them out and makin sure they are good and warmed up.......

It seems to me that you've never been to a game (early before kickoff) or a practice at training camp. These guys go through at LEAST 30-45 minutes of stretching and light warmup drills...Trust me, they are warmed up by game time. The lack of OTAs has a lot to do with this, mostly. Gonzo? well, he looked fine at the night practice Tuesday, so what gives there? Hamstring injuries are common this year b/c of the limited practice time, no off season stuff....and as I've said in other posts, you can train as hard as you want, but nothing simulates the intensity and muscles used in a full contact practice. Listen to any former player on the radio when asked about this. They all say the same thing. Look around the NFL; teams are losing guys for the SEASON with Achilles' tears, knee injuries, etc...We've actually been pretty lucky (knock on wood loudly) in this department compared to some teams

Collie isn't soft, like some other person posted. He was injury free until the head explosions last year...

Gonzalez, well, he may just be the Bob Sanders of the offense, which leads me to think the Colts ought to look really hard at bringing in TJ...

My heck. Gonzo is made of glass. What is the dang deal. I get so sick of hearing about Gonzo going down with dang boo boo's!!!!! Coach, i * i skined my wittle knee. I has a boo boo now. I don't * i can play no mo. Now where's my banky.

ERRR! Ok, done venting. Can't we keep this guy healthy.

Yeah, our receivers are SOFT. Blair White, Austin Collie, and Gonzalez, in my opinion, are just not elite athletes. They have great assets, and the ability to make plays, but it just seems that their bodies can't endure the wear and tear of an NFL season. Look at Reggie Wayne, year in and year out, he produces at a high level for the entire season, he's elite. Counting on Division 2 athletes to start and be productive is proving to be not that great of a strategy. I guess it's a double edged sword though, we could draft a diva receiver in the first round, and probably have a whole separate set of issues and headaches to deal with.

ed briggs just because you put a picture of yourself up doesnt mean that you are a cooler fan grow up dude ....this forum wasnt made to see who is a better fan than the other,ok so i might not be right in this case i can admit when im wrong about something but i just dont understand why it is the colts who fall to injury the worst year after year.....

so please explain to me what we do differently than other teams......and if we have all these "million" of dollars devoted to keeping our guys healthy then where is the results????????

and why was thirteen starters injured at one point of the season last year????

ed briggs just because you put a picture of yourself up doesnt mean that you are a cooler fan grow up dude ....this forum wasnt made to see who is a better fan than the other,ok so i might not be right in this case i can admit when im wrong about something but i just dont understand why it is the colts who fall to injury the worst year after year.....

so please explain to me what we do differently than other teams......and if we have all these "million" of dollars devoted to keeping our guys healthy then where is the results????????

and why was thirteen starters injured at one point of the season last year????

Because they ask extreme things of their bodies. They are huge men running into each other. Injuries happen.

Have you looked at the injury list of other teams. Until you do and maintain that this is only a Colts issue, then you are living in the dark. There were something like 10 blown out achilles tendons around the league in the first week of camp this year. There have season ending injuries to many players already. Knock on wood - that has not happened here.

The other thing it is very possible that the team is just being cautious with these guys. Maybe their injuries keep them out of training camp practices but would not be serious enough if this were the regular season.

Because they ask extreme things of their bodies. They are huge men running into each other. Injuries happen.

Have you looked at the injury list of other teams. Until you do and maintain that this is only a Colts issue, then you are living in the dark. There were something like 10 blown out achilles tendons around the league in the first week of camp this year. There have season ending injuries to many players already. Knock on wood - that has not happened here.

The other thing it is very possible that the team is just being cautious with these guys. Maybe their injuries keep them out of training camp practices but would not be serious enough if this were the regular season.

i agree injuries do happen,its football,its physical i understand,dude dont get all of yalls pantys in a wad calm down ok its not the coaches fault,jesus christ i thought this was a forum to just express thoughts and idea's

but still we are the one who always have the most injuries on the field when it comes game time, its a fact dude...regardless of other teams....all of our guys are not some joe shmoe's who sat on the couch all summer....

heck maybe we are just very very very unlucky.....does that comment make yall happier or feel better?

i agree injuries do happen,its football,its physical i understand,dude dont get all of yalls pantys in a wad calm down ok its not the coaches fault,jesus christ i thought this was a forum to just express thoughts and idea's

but still we are the one who always have the most injuries on the field when it comes game time, its a fact dude...regardless of other teams....all of our guys are not some joe shmoe's who sat on the couch all summer....

heck maybe we are just very very very unlucky.....does that comment make yall happier or feel better?

More nonsense.

Isn't what we are doing exactly what you are complaining about? You posted something that I, and many others, disagreed with and the dialog started.

thumbs up to you buddy!!!5 fans out of 1 billion disagree lemme get my cardboard cookies out.....regardless of whether i did or didnt make a comment that people agree or disagree with that still give nobody the right to insult me,

ive spent my hole life watching the colts,and putting in time watching the franchise grow,so sorry if my suggestion didnt meet your opinion of why you think we get injured alot

thumbs up to you buddy!!!5 fans out of 1 billion disagree lemme get my cardboard cookies out.....regardless of whether i did or didnt make a comment that people agree or disagree with that still give nobody the right to insult me,

ive spent my hole life watching the colts,and putting in time watching the franchise grow,so sorry if my suggestion didnt meet your opinion of why you think we get injured alot

It's one thing to have an opinion about something that warrants it. Example: "Do you like orange juice?" "Yes, I think it's tasty."

It's another thing when we have facts and absolutes: "[insert player] has injured his/her hamstring." Then a fan, who admits he may or may not understand the situation, openly declares that there must be something wrong with our strength and conditioning coordinators.

You took a situation that involved facts, data, and a pinch of uncertainty, and screamed your uninformed opinion in a manner that suggested you knew something factual about it. When you were called out, you threw out the opinion retort, which is just a way of avoiding confrontation. I know, because I see evolutionists, politicians, and armchair critics use this tactic all the time in a debate.

Clearly, there are people who know more about the science of nutrition, exercise, and football physiology than you (or I); it's okay to admit it when we are wrong. No one will bother you if you admit to being factually wrong. This isn't a matter of opinion, my friend.

ok i agree,i wasnt ever stating that i was "factually right" i was simply stating a suggestion,it may have been a dumb one out of fury of seeing players go down all the time,i admit everyone who disagreed brought up a very good point and proved my suggestion wrong but going so far to post some silly picture and judge me for one wrong

suggestion is childish....

i put my hard earned dollars down toward keeping up with colts football and supporting my team just like everyone else so wether they agree or disagree with my factually wrong statement

regardless never one did i say i had facts to say the coordinators didnt ,i guess i should have worded it diffenrently and made it more as a "what do you guys think" type of post

ok i agree,i wasnt ever stating that i was "factually right" i was simply stating a suggestion,it may have been a dumb one out of fury of seeing players go down all the time,i admit everyone who disagreed brought up a very good point and proved my suggestion wrong but going so far to post some silly picture and judge me for one wrong

suggestion is childish....

Childish is your reaction to all of this.

And, it was not me who posted the bitter beer face guy. The harshest thing I said was calling your thought on this to be nonsense. Is nonsense that offensive to you?