Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Luck article from NFL.com [Merge]

... from NFL.com....

I think you'll like this very much, especially the Manning fanatics.....

A fun and easy read:

http://www.nfl.com/n..._content_stream

fa·nat·ic

   /fəˈnætɪk/ Show Spelled[fuh-nat-ik] Show IPA

noun

a person with an extreme and uncritical enthusiasm or zeal.

Yep, that would be me. :):cheer::number1: :foam: :dancing:

All kidding aside, I did enjoy the article. Thanks.

Offensive Coordinator Bruce Arians kinda said the same thing. He pointed out how insanely similiar Peyton and Luck's background are. I'll compile a quick list.

-Both are son's of former NFL QB's (Pedigree)

-Both had outstanding College careers

-Both QB's ironically got to big games and lost them in College (Not really either of theirs direct faults)

-Both were beat out for the Heisman in a year they were projected to win it (Not a bad thing either since Heisman winners haven't accomplished a whole lot in the history of the NFL)

-Both have very similar work ethics according to numerous coaches that have seen both of them. (Former Colts Offensive Coordinator Tom Moore)

-Both walked into teams that were under full rebuild.

-Both players are more noted for their intelligence rather than arm strength and were critiqued before coming into NFL for same reasons.

Luck made it adimately known as well that Peyton was his football idol growing up. Other players cite guys such as Montana or Steve Young but Luck clearly made Manning his and modeled his game as such.

And last but not least, they both kind of have that southern/lisp/I don't know what to call it kind of draw to their voices.

Offensive Coordinator Bruce Arians kinda said the same thing. He pointed out how insanely similiar Peyton and Luck's background are. I'll compile a quick list.

-Both are son's of former NFL QB's (Pedigree)

-Both had outstanding College careers

-Both QB's ironically got to big games and lost them in College (Not really either of theirs direct faults)

-Both were beat out for the Heisman in a year they were projected to win it (Not a bad thing either since Heisman winners haven't accomplished a whole lot in the history of the NFL)

-Both have very similar work ethics according to numerous coaches that have seen both of them. (Former Colts Offensive Coordinator Tom Moore)

-Both walked into teams that were under full rebuild.

-Both players are more noted for their intelligence rather than arm strength and were critiqued before coming into NFL for same reasons.

Luck made it adimately known as well that Peyton was his football idol growing up. Other players cite guys such as Montana or Steve Young but Luck clearly made Manning his and modeled his game as such.

And last but not least, they both kind of have that southern/lisp/I don't know what to call it kind of draw to their voices.

They both have that aw shucks attitude for the media and firey personna in the locker room and on the field.