Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I thought Pellerin might be a keeper....

ztboiler

We haven't seen any of these guys play. I'm more than content to wait for some actual training camp reports and some preseason action before I start forming opinions on these guys that I know very little about. Someone like Josh Chapman, I know about him, and I expect him to be on the final roster. Micah Pellerin, an undrafted free agent? He's chaff at this point.

We haven't seen any of these guys play. I'm more than content to wait for some actual training camp reports and some preseason action before I start forming opinions on these guys that I know very little about. Someone like Josh Chapman, I know about him, and I expect him to be on the final roster. Micah Pellerin, an undrafted free agent? He's chaff at this point.

I agree with your views on this . I am willing to with hold judgement on the front office, players, coaches and the owner until The Colts actually go to camp and play a season. It is hard as heck to pre judge before someone plays in a meangingful game.

I agree with your views on this . I am willing to with hold judgement on the front office, players, coaches and the owner until The Colts actually go to camp and play a season. It is hard as heck to pre judge before someone plays in a meangingful game.

It's just not the same. We gotta find something to bicker about. Wanna talk about the 2008 draft? ;)

Ya, next thing you know they'll be cutting Hayworth Hicks. Then what? I think you have him penciled in as a starter.

he could start I think, I'd try him over Reits, they would be stupid to cut him he clearly is a good run blocker and a violent one at that as for the recent pick up here, I dont even believe the guy saw the field last year, camp fodder at best I believe is the term

he could start I think, I'd try him over Reits, they would be stupid to cut him he clearly is a good run blocker and a violent one at that as for the recent pick up here, I dont even believe the guy saw the field last year, camp fodder at best I believe is the term

Just messing with you because we all tend to get overly invested in our hopes and dreams for players that have never played a down in the NFL. I like Hicks too and I like his chances to make the team, but as an UDFA it also wouldn't surprise me if his name was next on the "Colts Make Roster Moves" blotter. And I don't think that they would be stupid to cut him...I think that is their job if that is how they evaluate his ability.

Apparently the professionals didn't think he could be decent depth.

I'll side with them.

Are you saying them professionals are always right? not saying that they arent or not saying I am right obviously Im no professional, but given our lack of talent at Corner he is one I would have kept. Not to mention our potential #2 Corner Thomas is often injured

Are you saying them professionals are always right? not saying that they arent or not saying I am right obviously Im no professional, but given our lack of talent at Corner he is one I would have kept. Not to mention our potential #2 Corner Thomas is often injured

I'm saying they are much more likely to be right than you are.

I'm also saying that if they decided to cut some undrafted free agent in May, then chances are overwhelming that said undrafted free agent will never play one second of NFL regular season football.

I'm saying they are much more likely to be right than you are.

I'm also saying that if they decided to cut some undrafted free agent in May, then chances are overwhelming that said undrafted free agent will never play one second of NFL regular season football.

your likely right but we shall see, Im not saying he could have started or anything close but what I am saying is we have an overall lack of talent at Corner especially if one of them goes down (Thomas)

For whatever it's worth..... this does not appear to be a case of cutting a cornerback just to add a cornerback.

The press release making the announcement says Pellerin was a safety. So, we're trimming a safety to add a corner.

Again.... for what little it's worth....

NCF

Maybe Pellerin's attitude had something to do with it. At Southern Mississippi he was redshirted his first year and the coaches wanted him to play safety. He did not like the idea of moving to safety so he transferred to Hampton. The Colts listed him as a safety. Maybe in camps he did not attack the change with the eagerness the coaches wanted. It is hard to understand since no one has hit in practice yet.

Well if that is indeed the case, obviously I dont know that it is, if a guy isn't comfortable playing safety and is inaffective at it then dont try to make him play something he isn't comfortable playing

Well if that is indeed the case, obviously I dont know that it is, if a guy isn't comfortable playing safety and is inaffective at it then dont try to make him play something he isn't comfortable playing

I hear what your saying, but IF I were a coach I might see it as him not being very "coachable" You would think being UDFA he would want to do whatever it takes to earn a spot on the roster.

According to Packer Reports:

The Green Bay Packers signed rookie defensive back Micah Pellerin off waivers from the Colts, a source told Packer Report on Friday. The signing was made official in a team press release on Friday evening. The Packers were at the 90-man roster limit so released receiver Marcus Rivers, an undrafted rookie from Buffalo.

Pellerin (6-0, 194), a standout cornerback at Hampton, probably figures as a combination cornerback and safety in Green Bay. In fact, in the press release, the Packers list him as a safety. He ran a 4.61 40-yard dash at the Scouting Combine. He tweaked his hamstring during his first 40, which probably is why he went undrafted.

Pellerin, who was considered a mid- to late-round prospect, was hotly pursued in college free agency by about a dozen teams. The Packers were one of the teams on Pellerin’s trail throughout the draft process, but when they drafted cornerback Casey Hayward in the second round and safety Jerron McMillian in the fourth round, Pellerin and agent David Sullivan jumped on what they thought would be a better opportunity to make a roster. Instead, the Colts released Pellerin on Thursday to sign cornerback Korey Lindsey off waivers from Arizona.

Pellerin started his career at Southern Mississippi before becoming one of the top cornerbacks in the Football Championship Subdivision. Playing a lot of the Packers' preferred press-man coverage during his final two years at Hampton, Pellerin broke up 35 passes — including a FCS-high 19 as a senior, when he intercepted four passes.

“If you play well, they’ll find you, and I felt like I performed well my last two years so I felt like I had a good chance,” Pellerin told Packer Report before the draft. “I consider myself to have good ball skills. This past year, I was No. 1 in FCS in total passes defended, and the year before, I was No. 4. That definitely shows I can get the ball away.”

Pellerin will have one week of organized team activities and the minicamp, which is scheduled for June 12-14. Also, the collective bargaining agreement allows rookies additional time, so Pellerin will have ample time to get comfortable with the playbook before training camp.

http://gnb.scout.com/2/1191296.html

Maybe Pellerin's attitude had something to do with it. At Southern Mississippi he was redshirted his first year and the coaches wanted him to play safety. He did not like the idea of moving to safety so he transferred to Hampton. The Colts listed him as a safety. Maybe in camps he did not attack the change with the eagerness the coaches wanted. It is hard to understand since no one has hit in practice yet.

You are correct, Pellerin was listed as a Safety. Don't think his attitude was an issue though. According to reliable sources, all of his reps in Rookie Mini-Camp and OTAs (few as they were) were at corner, none at Safety. There were at least nine corners at OTAs. The roster moves at CB indicates staff feels they do not have the luxury of developing promising UDFA talent. Green Bay does. In their press release announcing Pellerin's signing, Green Bay lists him as a Safety. Not that any of this matters to the Colts, he will probably compete for a spot as a "swing man," a combination cornerback and safety in Green Bay..