Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question of the Day - 05/16

sb41champs

With the conversation about the new role for Colts tight ends being blocking only - are you surprized with the selection of two pass-catching tight ends in the draft - AND - the release of Brody Eldridge ??

Its the wave of the future....and a signal that we will not try to return to the 1970s and run 50% the time.

You dont draft by reports, the top QB in a generation, to run the football 50% of the time..

in a league that begs you to throw the ball

To me, that does not make sense and I'm pretty sure that's not what we'll be doing..

I'm guessing Brody was released because of his injury record, not schemes. And it's been reported many times how Pagano was frustrated trying to defend two talented TEs.

Thanks for doing the QotD's, they do generate discussion when there's really not a whole lot going on.

No one ever said we're going to be running a lot more. Someone just took a Pags quote about needing to be able to run the ball more and they just went away with it. We wanna be able to do everything well.

With that said, I am still a bit surprised. I suppose we must think the other tight end's pass blocking is satisfactory.

Its the wave of the future....and a signal that we will not try to return to the 1970s and run 50% the time.

You dont draft by reports, the top QB in a generation, to run the football 50% of the time..

in a league that begs you to throw the ball

To me, that does not make sense and I'm pretty sure that's not what we'll be doing..

Well said!

With the conversation about the new role for Colts tight ends being blocking only - are you surprized with the selection of two pass-catching tight ends in the draft - AND - the release of Brody Eldridge ??

To be honest, I'm not surprised. Grigson and Pagano intend to surround Luck with as many targets, as it is possible. The game is rather pass -oriented nowadays, they simply have to do so.

The Colts have always passed the football, then ran very little, only because we could score quickly. I believe that the whole personality is going to change. Running, in my opinion, is one of the ways that a team could control the game but anybody who follows football even a little bit knows that there has to be a ballance. That being said, I don't think that having two tight ends that can catch a football are going to be used to just block. That would be like having a race car with no brakes-what good would that be? This new team has something to prove! I'm excited about it! Let's go! Now's the time!

It's either * or 1 of the biggest blunders in the making.