Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Minnesota Senate passes Vikings' stadium proposal 36-30

bap1331

They had the right colors too. >>> it, less bandwagon fans in Minnesota. California has enough NFL teams anyway.

Perhaps not a coincidence. I wonder what colors the Lakers had when they were in Minn.

Can you imagine how you would feel if you were a fan up there and LA had taken a second team? Of course they also lost their hockey team to Dallas (and gained their baseball team from Washington.)

Perhaps not a coincidence.

Exactly what I was thinking. There is a reason that they have the right colors.

Does Minnesota have a bicameral legislature? Does it still have to clear another house and the governor's desk, or is this a done deal now?

Exactly what I was thinking. There is a reason that they have the right colors.

Does Minnesota have a bicameral legislature? Does it still have to clear another house and the governor's desk, or is this a done deal now?

Good question, no idea.

I will add, however, that I'm familiar with the Vikings owner because he owns a NJ company that my previous employer had some dealings with. It is odd enough for someone with such deep roots here to be interested in owning a team so far away, and more seemingly more unlikely still that he would be interested in doubling that distance again by heading west. Until you stop and consider the possibility that he might be a celebrity owner wanna-be, which would make LA the be all and end all. Under the circumstances Vikings fans should be utterly thrilled that Wilf is expending so much effort trying to stay in Minn. It isn't exactly the countries garden spot. He could just as easily ignore them and just solicit offers from anywhere else. I understand that all government agencies are in "do not spend" mode, but it is unrealistic to expect any stadium to be built without significant public assistance. if they let an NFL franchise walk away they will regret it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now