Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wide receiving core

HtownColt

Could be with as you state with the returners. For the WR, I agree with Beacher report, in the two TE set we will see Wayne and Collie and then when they go with three wides moving Collie to the slot. Some think that will be Avery stepping in but I think it will be Hilton, I don't think Avery has anything left and he wasn't that great to begin with. You look at most receivers and sometimes they will take a step back with the sophmore jinx or whatever you want to call it but most receivers their worst year is their rookie year and then they gradually get better (if they don't they are not in the league for long). With Avery his best year was his rookie year, then his 2nd year he dropped in every major receiver catagory, some slightly, some significantly. Then he's been non existent in the NFL for the last 2 years (yes 2010 was because of injury, 2011 though was because he was no longer effective).

But that is what they have training camp for, hopefully Avery is fully recovered has his 2008 speed and agility back and can play a role in the Colts offense. If not, it's no biggie the Colts just signed him to a vet min. one year deal.

I'm pretty much with you on Avery. I do think he will make the squad, but by the end of the year and possibly even at the start of the year, Avery will be behind Hilton on the depth chart. Listening to how Grigs talked about Hilton, I think he will be used early and often. Avery is depth, Hilton is the man.

I also think that the Colts will carry 5 WRs (Wayne, Collie, Hilton, Avery, and probably Brazill) and 3 TEs (Fleener, Allen, and Eldridge).