Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bucky Brooks: The Colts Should Bench Anthony Richardson

RollerColt

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It still continues to baffle me why some are confused that AR struggles at times, the guy has only had 10 NFL starts. What do people expect. He needs to play, get more reps, and learn on the field against the best NFL Defenses, otherwise it was a waste drafting him. We all know Flacco is a better pocket passer but that isn't the point, and he should be being in the league since 2008. I can usually tell if a QB is going to be bad or good after around 35 starts. He needs at least 25 more starts before I can label him as stinking or panning out. 35 is fair.

That’s not today’s league. Bryce, Zach Wilson, Justin Fields, hell even Sam Darnold until this season….how many of them got to play 3 seasons before the jury seemed to be out on them? It’s a win now league and a lot of the time fans aren’t the only ones who lack patience. 

4 minutes ago, Qwiz said:

Not when you have a raw QB you want to test and see if he is worth the investment. I’m not in the front office but as has been argued around here ad nauseam, which QB has been more efficient and given the team the better chance to win? When you answer that honestly and look at who is under center the rest of the season, you’ll have your answer as to how the FO may be looking at the season. 

Colts are 4-3. AR is responsible for 3 of those wins

• Like 2

It wouldn't have hurt the kid to sit for 2 years. Clearly he isn't ready.

But, we do need to know the sooner the better if he is still dumb enough to expose himself to injurious hits. Does he need more knots on his head to help him learn to protect himself is the monumental question and that means play him.

46 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

It wouldn't have hurt the kid to sit for 2 years. Clearly he isn't ready.

But, we do need to know the sooner the better if he is still dumb enough to expose himself to injurious hits. Does he need more knots on his head to help him learn to protect himself is the monumental question and that means play him.

Not ready? The kid has enough athletic traits to win while developing. He doesn’t look overwhelmed. You want to see not ready to watch Bryce young.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You need to stop.   Flacco has been a much better qb than AR.   Having said that,  AR needs to play.  They have to figure out if he will get better

Just now, jvan1973 said:

You need to stop.   Flacco has been a much better qb than AR.   Having said that,  AR needs to play.  They have to figure out if he will get better

Is he a better passer? Sure. But AR brings things to this team Flacco can’t which gives them a better chance to win.  The point is this isn’t about starting Flacco so we can win more. We can win at the same time we develop AR. 

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Is he a better passer? Sure. But AR brings things to this team Flacco can’t which gives them a better chance to win.  The point is this isn’t about starting Flacco so we can win more. We can win at the same time we develop AR. 

I agree.   If AR can run and stay healthy.   That's the tough part.   Trust me. I'm rooting for the kid

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I agree.   If AR can run and stay healthy.   That's the tough part.   Trust me. I'm rooting for the kid

Steichen also needs to develop a good game plan until he develops as that passer. I don’t know if anyone noticed but when he was running and on a roll in 4th quarter last week the pass catchers had more space and he went 5/6.  Every pass play can’t be 30 yards down field. Steelers game those first two drives is how this offense should look. AR can’t be made into a pocket passer only. He does a good job keeping his eyes downfield when he is scrambling too.

9 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Steichen also needs to develop a good game plan until he develops as that passer. I don’t know if anyone noticed but when he was running and on a roll in 4th quarter last week the pass catchers had more space and he went 5/6.  Every pass play can’t be 30 yards down field. Steelers game those first two drives is how this offense should look. AR can’t be made into a pocket passer only. He does a good job keeping his eyes downfield when he is scrambling too.

AR is a crazy athlete.   If he can stay healthy, and become accurate. He will shut all the haters up

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Or have they won in spite of his erratic play? How much of the losses do you attribute to him and how much do you attribute to Flacco in his lone loss 🤔 Or is it all on the receivers or the defense 🤔 Like others have said, you’re severely downplaying the impact Joe Flacco has had. I think it’s obvious the Colts invested in him not only to tutor Richardson and show him the ropes, but as the insurance he’s turned out to be. 

6 minutes ago, Qwiz said:

Or have they won in spite of his erratic play? How much of the losses do you attribute to him, or is it all on the receivers or the defense 🤔 

I wasn’t trying to make the point he was the reason they won. My point was we won with him starting. Which means develop and win at same time. I think it was the GB game the pass catchers had a lot of dropped balls or they win that game and defense first half was bad. He set Flacco up for the win with Steelers to. 

Last wwwk I would say he was a major reason they did win. As he was really good in fourth quarter.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I wasn’t trying to make the point he was the reason they won. My point was we won with him starting. Which means develop and win at same time. I think it was the GB game the pass catchers had a lot of dropped balls or they win that game.  He set Flacco up for the win with Steelers to. 

Ehh, the GB game might not be your best one to point out his greatness. He had three interceptions that game and an abysmal passer rating, no? If I recall correctly the defense played much better in the second half, giving the team a better chance to win, but that wasn’t one of Anthony’s good games. 

2 minutes ago, Qwiz said:

Ehh, the GB game might not be your best one to point out his greatness. He had three interceptions that game and an abysmal passer rating, no? If I recall correctly the defense played much better in the second half, giving the team a better chance to win, but that wasn’t one of Anthony’s good games. 

There was a lot of dropped passes that game.  The defense also didn’t get their act together until second half. I wasn’t saying anything about greatness. Just pointing out colts could have easily won that game if they would have caught the ball. Even with the bad defense.

Let's be for real. Bro hasn't played that well.

I don't have much confidence we will beat Houston with him starting, but it's not bc he isn't capable. It's pretty much bc he still has those irritating ball placement/ball sailing issues to go along with the injury bug. Seemed like he figured something out with his ball placement in the second half vs Miami so I'm hopeful he can keep that going vs Houston. If he can I believe he will start looking more and more like what we are looking for. I don't think he needs to sit. I just think he needs to get that ball placement thing fixed sooner than later. Its not a little issue, it's a big issue. The Boo Birds came out last week.