Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

IMO this team is in much worse shape than what is being spun by management or believed by fans.....

ColtAndOrioles

9 minutes ago, DougDew said:

But for me, its not even about winning the SB.....in any one year where there might be a break.

Its about having a perennial contender.  Sure, sometimes that looks like Division winner, sometimes you get a WC when the AFC is strong.   But I want a team where the conversation from offseason to January is chalked full of reasonable scenarios to expect a AFCCG appearance every year.  That is what KC, BAL, BUF, 49ers, usually DAL, and maybe a couple of others have.

Being the team that is perennially good enough to only fight for the third mathematical WC in an AFC that's full of 9-8 teams is a yawner of a team, IMO.  To some, that seems to mean that I'm a bad fan.

I agree with this. I want a contending team. Even with a contending team, it usually takes some breaks to get to the Super Bowl and to win it. 

I want to see that Colts do better than only two 10-win seasons in the last decade, and zero seasons with at least 12 wins in the past 15 years.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DougDew said:

But for me, its not even about winning the SB.....in any one year where there might be a break.

Its about having a perennial contender.  Sure, sometimes that looks like Division winner, sometimes you get a WC when the AFC is strong.   But I want a team where the conversation from offseason to January is chalked full of reasonable scenarios to expect a AFCCG appearance every year.  That is what KC, BAL, BUF, 49ers, usually DAL, and maybe a couple of others have.

Being the team that is perennially good enough to only fight for the third mathematical WC in an AFC that's full of 9-8 teams is a yawner of a team, IMO.  To some, that seems to mean that I'm a bad fan.

If we can win a playoff game that would really show me something. That is the best of the best at that point. Houston did good last year with a rookie QB, so I won't hate on them. They won the division and won a playoff game. Do I think they can win the SB this season, no, but they are good.

My problem is with the defense I expected AR to struggle this year .  I did not expect the colts to have a bottom 3 defense at all .  even before any injuries the defense just stunk the first two games .   the team would be a playoff team with just a top 15 defense that is what bugs me .

26 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

My problem is with the defense I expected AR to struggle this year .  I did not expect the colts to have a bottom 3 defense at all .  even before any injuries the defense just stunk the first two games .   the team would be a playoff team with just a top 15 defense that is what bugs me .

Yep. The funniest thing about the AR argument is fans acting like he is the reason colts have lost games.  He isn’t why we lost the 3 games.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Yep. The funniest thing about the AR argument is fans acting like he is the reason colts have lost games.  He isn’t why we lost the 3 games.

He kind of is.   He completed 9 passes week 1.  3 ints week 2.  Got hurt week 3

22 hours ago, ColtAndOrioles said:

BTW this team just got beat by a Jaguars team that is considered to be maybe the 2nd worst in the league and that was totally demolished by the Bears.   A very below average team at best.  A one win team.  The one win being against the Colts. 

We also barely beat a Titans team who may be the 3rd worst team in the league.  A team that is so boring and without talent that it is not even a blip on the NFL radar.  They are nothing. 

Losing to one worst team, and barely beating another worst team, should not be something that Colts fans should be hanging their hats on after 8 years of the present Colts leadership.   

It's embarrassing.   

I agree with you 100 percent and another team that is bad is the team we are about to play and thats Miami whats worst is that the colts will probably lose to them.

22 hours ago, ColtAndOrioles said:

Really think about this team.   Put away the blue colored glasses and think about this team as a whole, after 8 years of Ballard.  Where are we?  Because this team imo is awash in complete malfunction.  Spinning wheels.  Again....after 8 years of the same leadership. 

Be realistic....are we close to winning the division?  No.

Are we close to competing for a SB?  Not even close.   I mean not even in the same universe. 

Instead we have a QB drafted at #4, after years of avoiding the Qb situation by signing, trading for, and playing other teams castoffs, who now cannot stay healthy.  Who has completed 4 games out of 23.   Who for whatever reason isn't even playing now despite the fact he seems healthy and instead is being replaced by a 39 year old back up.

We have a secondary who after 8 years, has our best player being a guy who was cut from another team after this years training camp.  After we heard "we like our guys".  What does that say about how this team has drafted over the years and managements ability to evaluate players?

We have management that can clearly see a D being led by a coordinator who is a complete failure and yet who keeps defending him.  That is psychotic and not a program that is interested in getting better but is more interested in just keeping the status  quo. 

We have a D line that has been heavily invested into the past 5 years via the draft, and yet is graded out as one of the worst in the NFL.  Yes the Colts have had injuries, but even before that the D line was graded low.  Our guys are not that good despite how much we want to believe they are.  Even our #1 pick this year, who was hyped like crazy, has done next to nothing.  IMO he looks way too weak and small to ever be a huge impact guy.   He is not athletic at all either.   I am getting Björn Werner vibes. 

Our linebackers, for lack of a better word, our mediocre at best.  The ONLY reason they have so many tackles is because the D line lets so many RBs get into the secondary. Period.  None are game changers. 

Our O Line, while decent, is still not worth the money invested into it.  An O line worth that type of money would still be able to open holes even  with a JT injury.   But that doesn't happen.  They don't blow people off of the ball.  Watch the past 2 weeks.  Walter Payton could not have run through the holes created by our O line.  They hit the line and are met by 3 guys. 

After years of blowing off the WR corp, Ballard finally started to draft WR's and guess what....imo that is now the strongest position on the team.   Weird how that works.  But even so I don't think Ballard ever really wanted to do that as he is all about the lines and not game changing positions.  I just think he felt forced to do it because of the criticism he has faced.

When you get down to it, this team, after 8 years, is still regarded to average to moderately below average....as it has been since Ballard took over.  Not once in 8 years has this team been considered for or looked like a contender for a SB appearance. 

Think about that.  Not once in 8 years.   Just pure 'averageness". 

And it astounds me that so many Colts fans and the Colt ownership is willing to put up with that.  Name me a job where you can do  an average to below average job for 8 years and get paid $millions?

There isn't one.

How many real ELITE players are on this team?  After all of this time?  I am talking young guys who you can build upon.  Real guys.  Not 'just guys'.  

JT.  Maybe Nelson (even that is iffy).  Maybe Raimann.  Downs I believe is.   AR is iffy.  Has potential but iffy due to the fact he gets injured too much.  Pittman is good but not elite.  Buckner?   Very good but I would not call him elite because he is older and gets paid too much.    Who else?

Even Steichen has looked like a very average play caller and not what he was billed to be.  An offensive guru.  Do you get 'guru' out of him?  I don't.  The Lions and Packers for example have a way more developed and sophisticated offense. 

So what is it....again after 8 years....do we have to look forward to? Where is the hope that we can be truly SB contenders soon?  I don't see it.

Time for a change.  

Time to put you on ignore. Regards

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, coming on strong said:

Not to worry there are 11 more games to play.  Plenty of time to get into the top 15.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

richardson has look bad at times and great at times .   I still think flacco gives us the best chance to win now but I rather know as soon as possible if AR is going to be a long term answer .  If he can fix his overthrows he will be a dangerous QB in the future  .

5 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Well there's always 31 other teams to root for if your so unhappy with the Colts 

Let me make this perfectly clear to you. I will always ROOT for the Colts they are my team through and through. That's why I am a season ticket holder and have been for years. I have a man cave that’s decorated with Colts memorabilia.

Just because I don't like CHRIS BALLARD’S approach, sense of urgency or direction for the team with his 80's style team build or loyalty to his guy Gus Bradley that has left this franchise in a continued state of non contention doesn't mean that I'm going to take your lame advice. Change is sometimes needed to garner better results.