Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A not so flattering fact

bluephantom87

16 hours ago, ImissPeyton18 said:

The reason why ownership excepts poor performance from its coaches and Gm's is the fact that at the end of the day, season, the franchise is worth over a billion dollars. Would you waste time and money trying to get better at whatever your company does if you are guaranteed to stay in business and make tons of money despite your problems.

People would have to stay home and not buy merchandise for 10 years to make the team move to another sucker city.

Ownership has to want to be great. Business people in the hotels and downtown area don't miss a beat when half the fans in the stands are not wearing blue. Irsay is old and no longer a proud owner with something to prove. His daughters will inherit the team and will probably sell and build a legacy for their children with another last name.

The problem with this analysis is that all owners are required to spend basically all of the money required under the salary cap with a certain small amount left over for player moves so you cannot be cheap and have a low payroll to save money. All NFL owners are required to spend although it is based on a certain profit that they will receive.  The NFL based on current rules comes down to QB play. In order to compete you have to have a good QB. The only way to do that is to draft a  QB until you hit on a good player. Signing retreads usually does not work especially long term and Ballard got stuck in that mode.

On 10/10/2024 at 8:05 AM, Solid84 said:

I think Bradley is gone no matter what happens after this season. You can't deliver a bottom 3rd defense 3 years in a row and not get fired.

IF AR doesn't work out by the end of 2025 I think it'll be a complete overhaul of the team and if Irsay doesn't hand over the keys to the building his daughters will at the very least have a significant say in what happens I believe.

This is all down to AR though. If he works out (and I still think he could) we'll get more of Ballard, unfortunately.

Well Ballard has a below 500 record and has been around for 8 years, lol!! So we may get Gus for another 5, hahaha??

On 10/10/2024 at 9:36 AM, tfunky14 said:

You all show your  NFL IQ.  Till the season is wrapped up absolutely there is a chance. Can they do it is the question.

Yes I do show it,good,great teams don't need or rely on chances.They rarely lose to bad teams.They win and move forward.And rarely talk about next year's draft,every game,every week.

On 10/12/2024 at 3:56 PM, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

I think it’s hard for fans to get behind this regime because we don’t see improvement over time. It’s the same song and dance every year. That’s hard to get behind when you’re not winning. 

Exactly,Peyton 13 years,I ring for example.Not good for the 2nd goat.Terrible!

26 minutes ago, conklincolt said:

Exactly,Peyton 13 years,I ring for example.Not good for the 2nd goat.Terrible!

It's tough to win a SB, I could sling that narrative and say he did get us 2 SB's and went 109-35 from 2002-2010 and at least we did win one which Marino and Jim Kelly never did.

1 hour ago, conklincolt said:

Yes I do show it,good,great teams don't need or rely on chances.They rarely lose to bad teams.They win and move forward.And rarely talk about next year's draft,every game,every week.

It's the fans that talk about next draft every game and weekly, not the players.