Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Roster moves

7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Multiple teams have switched kickers this week.  As far as I know Shrader hasn't received any interest other than from the Colts.  He isn't a big deal for me.

I have always worried not keeping 2 kickers on the 53 because what if Matt Gay pulls a hamstring in the 1st Qtr, then we go all game without a FG kicker. That can cost you a game. Rigo can kick extra points I am sure, but he isn't a FG kicker that can make a big FG from 50 yards with the game on the line. 

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have always worried not keeping 2 kickers on the 53 because what if Matt Gay pulls a hamstring in the 1st Qtr, then we go all game without a FG kicker. That can cost you a game. Rigo can kick extra points I am sure, but he isn't a FG kicker that can make a big FG from 50 yards with the game on the line. 

I really doubt they’ll ever have two kickers active, unless they already suspect their #1 is nursing an injury.  

Just now, Smonroe said:

I really doubt they’ll ever have two kickers active, unless they already suspect their #1 is nursing an injury.  

Not disagreeing with you but,

I would though because of the reason I stated above. We can be in a gigantic game with the division on the line and If Gay gets injured during the game = we are screwed in a close game. I think of everything. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would though because of the reason I stated above. We can be in a gigantic game with the division on the line and If Gay gets injured during the game = we are screwed in a close game. I think of everything. 

I get you.  You have to think about what group you’re sacrificing to keep him active.  Special teams, extra O lineman, etc.   That’s why it seems like a luxury move to me.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Rigo kicked field goals in college.   If the game was on the line,  I'm sure they would give him a shot

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Rigo kicked field goals in college.   If the game was on the line,  I'm sure they would give him a shot

Just looked it up: 

72 out of 74 extra points made, and 21 out of 24 field goals made in college. 

• Like 1