Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Matt Gay

hambone35

4 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If he isn’t healthy he needs to be out on IR. If he is healthy he should be cut. It almost cost them the game.

So Gay missed another kick. I won't be surprised if we see him back on the injury report this coming week.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He is hitting the shorter kicks but is struggling with over 50. It was a 54 yarder . Colts had a better chance to pick up 3 yards on offense.

That 54 yarder was ugly. Even if there was a second goal post, next to regular one, it still wouldn't been good.

Gay was signed because his expertise was 50+ yard kicks. And last year, after that Baltimore game, everyone thought he was ligit. This year, I don't trust him from any distance. period.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

That 54 yarder was ugly. Even if there was a second goal post, next to regular one, it still wouldn't been good.

Gay was signed because his expertise was 50+ yard kicks. And last year, after that Baltimore game, everyone thought he was ligit. This year, I don't trust him from any distance. period.

We should also never again game plan for a field goal kicker again like we did with LegoMan who could only make 38 yard kicks 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

So funny to see fans calling for people to be cut.  A nerd calling for an athlete who is in the top 1 percent in the world to be cut.   My goodness.   I hope my boss isn't that strict

I work for my State. I miss something I will for sure be fired 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Hammonds said:

Do we have to "cut" and "re-sign" Gay to demote him to the practice squad?  Or can we swap out our kickers, keeping both on the roster, without having to do that?

Honestly, I don’t know.   

Someone like @Superman would.   Or @w87r would, but I haven’t seen him in a while.  He may be lurking?   

Or @GoColts8818 might know.  

Sorry I’m not more helpful.