Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gosder Cherilus arrested: (Former Colt piddles away his future) (merge)

Dingus McGirt

• Superman changed the title to Gosder Cherilus arrested: (Former Colt piddles away his future)
  • Nadine changed the title to Gosder Cherilus arrested: (Former Colt piddles away his future) (merge)
3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

His future?  

I think he’s been out of football for 5-6 years.  He’ll pay a fine and likely get some probation.   It’s an eye catching headline, but not that much of a story. 

I was trying to come up with a catchy title 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

His future?  

I think he’s been out of football for 5-6 years.  He’ll pay a fine and likely get some probation.   It’s an eye catching headline, but not that much of a story. 

I won't go into the disgusting details of the story, but he will be facing a 3rd degree sexual assault charge. There will likely be some jail time and at least 2 years of probation.

2 hours ago, PackersNation said:

I won't go into the disgusting details of the story, but he will be facing a 3rd degree sexual assault charge. There will likely be some jail time and at least 2 years of probation.

Maybe I didn’t read too deep into the story?   All I saw is that he peed his pants.  Sounds like he was drunk.  I think he’s a first time offender. 

You sound like a lawyer, what else did I miss that brings this to sexual assault?   

Edit:   I see he didn’t * his pants, he peed on a fellow passenger.   Wouldn’t that be regular assault and not sexual assault?   

33 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Maybe I didn’t read too deep into the story?   All I saw is that he peed his pants.  Sounds like he was drunk.  I think he’s a first time offender. 

You sound like a lawyer, what else did I miss that brings this to sexual assault?   

Edit:   I see he didn’t * his pants, he peed on a fellow passenger.   Wouldn’t that be regular assault and not sexual assault?   

You expose yourself and urinate on a female or anyone else it is sexual assault. Downplaying this by implying it is not a big deal serves what purpose? If a female family member of yours was the victim would you still imply it is not that big of a deal?

No, it is not first degree sexual assault. There are different levels of assault. I am saying it is sexual assault in the third degree. 

3 hours ago, PackersNation said:

You expose yourself and urinate on a female or anyone else it is sexual assault. Downplaying this by implying it is not a big deal serves what purpose? If a female family member of yours was the victim would you still imply it is not that big of a deal?

No, it is not first degree sexual assault. There are different levels of assault. I am saying it is sexual assault in the third degree. 

Ok….  First, I was respectful to you so I appreciate you NOT returning the favor.  

Second…. I even said you sound like a lawyer so I asked for your expert opinion. 

Third….   Originally, I thought the story was over blown, but corrected myself with my (EDIT) comment so I had made it clear I was seeing it differently.   I even admitted I didn’t read far into the original story.   I wanted a lawyer's explanation. 

Fourth….   Have you seen the explanation from Cherilus?  I have.  Said his flight was delayed 4 hours and he took some prescription medicine which affected him badly.   He’s apologized to other passengers, and the airline.  He has no prior incidents. 

I'm obviously not a lawyer, and it appears you are.  You’re entitled to speak for yourself, but you’re not entitled to speak for me.   So I’d be a little more careful with what you say.  

On 8/19/2024 at 2:58 PM, Bravo said:

Bunch of winners.

A lot of these NFL players think rules don’t apply to them. I know from experience.

I doubt that has anything to do with a lot of their cases. Their brains are scrambled eggs dude. Why do you think they wear pillows on the outside of their helmets in practice now? The amount of hits these guys take from the age of 5/6yrs old all the way until their mid to late 30s. With the hits getting more powerful each level they advance. Just the games alone youre talking thousands. Then add in all the practice hits. All the times they've continued to play while concussed or mini concussed. They're cooked.

• Like 1