Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 Preseason Game #1: Broncos @ Colts, August 11th, 1 PM ET

NFLfan

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

Goodson with a nice run. Wide open in the flat next play. Would have liked to see him thrown that ball. 

Stuffed on 2nd and goal at the 1. Gets in on 3rd. Woods lead blocking. We've got a runningback battle for RB3. I've liked what I've seen from both Hull and Goodson. 

Maybe Sermon isn't RB2 and it's up for grabs by all 3. Do we keep 4 runningbacks?

I like all 4, Goodson outplayed Sermon last season but Sermon passed him in off season. Hull has good hands.......much better room then when we had Deon Jackson (Worst ypc in the entire league). Provided Sermon is healthy think we are set with these 4

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheNewGuy said:

I hate the soft coverage...

Another nice play from Micah!

He's only 5'9 and not fast but consistently made plays in college by reading plays fast and has good ball hawking skills. Being a son of an NFL player never hurts 

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:
10 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Poor Treadwell. I'm rooting for him. He was a great college player. Not in the NFL.

He's moving around the field like a youngster. I can't say I've seen him move with this type of fluidity in years. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Does Abraham have long arms? Is he fast? 

He tested really poorly, and was considered an outlier. His tackling was his big knock, but he was drafted off experience, special teams play, and ballskills, which we saw today. He had 12 interceptions in college. He saw 802 reps playing on the outside in college. 

Edit: He apparently has a 4.43 40, but it's everything else that's low. His size and agility really hurt him with RAS.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matthew Gilbert said:

He's moving around the field like a youngster. I can't say I've seen him move with this type of fluidity in years. 

That is good to hear. Since he (Treadwell) is playing in the 4th Qr, he probably won't make the team. I don't know if he can still make a practice squad.

• Like 1

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

He tested really poorly, and was considered an outlier. His tackling was his big knock, but he was drafted off experience, special teams play, and ballskills, which we saw today. He had 12 interceptions in college. 

Sometimes guys are just good at football and you throw testing out. Like Kenny instincts can go a long way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Does Abraham have long arms? Is he fast? 

4.44 40 at his pro day and 30.75" arms. He doesn't fit the typical mold for outside CBs, but is pretty in line with our NBs.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Sometimes guys are just good at football and you throw testing out. Like Kenny instincts can go a long way.

Think perfect slot player, think we be exposed a bit on outside due to lack of height and speed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I edited that post a bit. He was hurt with size and agility on RAS. Ton of experience and ballskills. 

Just now, holeymoley99 said:

Think perfect slot player, think we be exposed a bit on outside due to lack of height and speed.

I'd rather have him out there than Flowers, I can tell you that right now...

• Like 2

Just now, holeymoley99 said:

Havent seen or heard from Ameer Speed, Marcel Dabo, Kendell Brooks or Michael Tutsie at DB

Ameer Speed got ate up on the one touchdown run. The went outside, and instead of using his speed to come up around the pulling o-lineman, he backpedaled all the way to about the 5 yard line and got plowed. 

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

Havent seen or heard from Ameer Speed, Marcel Dabo, Kendell Brooks or Michael Tutsie at DB

Brooks had a good play a little bit ago. 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Drop by Montgomery. Throw a pass to Treadwell!

Whelp, that was a great call!

• Like 2