Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 Paris Summer Olympics

I was 8 going on 9 when the Lakers beat Philly in 1980. I will never forget CBS showing rare footage of the teams before tipoff. Back then games were tape delayed lmao . I just remember them showing Magic in the locker room and the team was down in the dumps because Kareem was out. Magic said "have no fear, the Magic Man is here", "I got this". At 20 years old that is amazing. Philly had guys like Doc, Dawkins, Jones, Cheeks. That game was even at Philly. As a kid, I told my mom that is the greatest Basketball player I have ever seen after LA won, at the time it was.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

LeBron's best Championship was 2016. Beating that Warriors team was sensational. That block he had on Iggy saved the game too. LeBron and Magic both have had similar stats in big playoff games, kind of scary in a good way when you look at it.

I think the best complement to Lebron was when they went out and bought Kevin Durant to ensure a couple championships… They were scared to death moving forward. 

Back to the Olympics: Women’s soccer is in a tough battle with Germany. The French men’s basketball team is upsetting a Canadian team that has a lot of NBA talent. The French lead 61-50.

Track and field is on as well. I used to feel great about myself running under 5 minutes for the mile… I couldn’t hold a candle to these amazing runners. They truly are in a different class of human. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Back to the Olympics: Women’s soccer is in a tough battle with Germany. The French men’s basketball team is upsetting a Canadian team that has a lot of NBA talent. The French lead 61-50.

Track and field is on as well. I used to feel great about myself running under 5 minutes for the mile… I couldn’t hold a candle to these amazing runners. They truly are in a different class of human. 

watching women’s soccer. Trinity Rodman gets her speed honestly. 

• Like 1

Men’s basketball is playing fast and hard tonight. Definitely playing more with an edge for the first time in the games. 

Women’s water polo has advanced to the semi final, been awesome to see them being supported by so many including Flavor Flav. 

Serbia was the one team I felt had the best chance to beat us, and they did not disappoint. 

Unfortunate for Lyles, but man to push through and get bronze while suffering from Covid is insane. The dude had to be wheelchaired off the track after running. Literally gave all his body could afford. So proud of him! 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Great comeback, USA Men's Basketball pulled it out. This game today proves though they are nowhere near better than the 92 Dream Team.

To their defense- 92 team didn’t play against MVP’s… Those opposing teams in 92 were nothing like today. Fact 

Croatia's best player was Petrovic, and he was good. But he was nowhere near Jokic's level. Toni Kukoc? He was a 10 pt/game guy on the Bulls roster in 1993, up to 15 pts in 1994. 

Jokic is arguably the best player on any U.S. team. His supporting cast shot the lights out today, matching step for step with the greatest 3 point shooter in history, who also shot the lights out.  Bogdanovic is no slouch. This was a really talented Serbia team.

39 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

To their defense- 92 team didn’t play against MVP’s… Those opposing teams in 92 were nothing like today. Fact 

Croatia's best player was Petrovic, and he was good. But he was nowhere near Jokic's level. Toni Kukoc? He was a 10 pt/game guy on the Bulls roster in 1993, up to 15 pts in 1994. 

Jokic is arguably the best player on any U.S. team. His supporting cast shot the lights out today, matching step for step with the greatest 3 point shooter in history, who also shot the lights out.  Bogdanovic is no slouch. This was a really talented Serbia team.

That Croatia team had Kukoc - he isn't Joker but was a great pro and won 3 rings with the Bulls, Petrovic = one of the best 3pt shooters of all-time, and you forgot Radja who was 6'11, he had a good NBA career. They were deep and very good. The Dream team still beat them by 32 in the Gold Medal game.

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That Croatia team had Kukoc - he isn't Joker but was a great pro and won 3 rings with the Bulls, Petrovic = one of the best 3pt shooters of all-time, and you forgot Radja who was 6'11, he had a good NBA career. They were deep and very good. The Dream team still beat them by 32 in the Gold Medal game.

I didn’t say they weren’t good. They just weren’t anywhere near the level of this Serbia team, who lost by 26 to US in the pool play. They got hot today. 

@2006Coltsbestever

next opponent has both the #1 and 2 in the DPOY voting of the nba this season. International play is light years ahead of where it was, likely at any point in time. They are more organized and have more star power than ever. 

I read a write up a while back about European countries basketball development and how they barely play any games throughout high school compared with the AAU nonstop game experience in America. They are honing in on the fundamentals more than ever, and especially compared to what is coming out American colleges. There’s a reason LeBron is picky about who he plays with. He’s publicly stated that a great deal of players coming into the league do not know how to play basketball, they just know how to run and gun. That’s aau ball. European teams are running efficient offense and producing some of the best all around basketball players in the world. The time when team USA is no longer dominating is coming, and quickly. 

1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

@2006Coltsbestever

next opponent has both the #1 and 2 in the DPOY voting of the nba this season. International play is light years ahead of where it was, likely at any point in time. They are more organized and have more star power than ever. 

I read a write up a while back about European countries basketball development and how they barely play any games throughout high school compared with the AAU nonstop game experience in America. They are honing in on the fundamentals more than ever, and especially compared to what is coming out American colleges. There’s a reason LeBron is picky about who he plays with. He’s publicly stated that a great deal of players coming into the league do not know how to play basketball, they just know how to run and gun. That’s aau ball. European teams are running efficient offense and producing some of the best all around basketball players in the world. The time when team USA is no longer dominating is coming, and quickly. 

I know as a whole that other countries are better and deeper, but the 1992 Croatia team was great as well is what I wanted to point out and the 92 team beat them by 32. The other teams were bad but not Croatia. We will beat France by 20. We had our scare yesterday with Joker and his shooters. It sucks watching Haliburton sit but at least he made the team and will get a Gold. Tatum isn't even playing either. Kerr is relying on LeBron, Curry, and Durant = the elders but that is smart. Curry saved us yesterday with 36.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know as a whole that other countries are better and deeper, but the 1992 Croatia team was great as well is what I wanted to point out and the 92 team beat them by 32. The other teams were bad but not Croatia. We will beat France by 20. We had our scare yesterday with Joker and his shooters. It sucks watching Haliburton sit but at least he made the team and will get a Gold. Tatum isn't even playing either. Kerr is relying on LeBron, Curry, and Durant = the elders but that is smart. Curry saved us yesterday with 36.

It’s amazing that those guys are still the go-to and dominant players of the entire bunch. The stretch that put them in the league was something- curry and lebron mostly just taking over. Embiid couldn’t rebound to save his life, but went right at Jokic and scored 7 I think in a row. KD hit some really big shots down the stretch. It’s just 4 guys essentially outmatching whoever is in front of them. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

It’s amazing that those guys are still the go-to and dominant players of the entire bunch. The stretch that put them in the league was something- curry and lebron mostly just taking over. Embiid couldn’t rebound to save his life, but went right at Jokic and scored 7 I think in a row. KD hit some really big shots down the stretch. It’s just 4 guys essentially outmatching whoever is in front of them. 

Someone lit a fire over Embiid because I have never seen him play with anger like that. Yes, his play kept the USA in the game when they were down by 15. That slam he had was monstrous!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Someone lit a fire over Embiid because I have never seen him play with anger like that. Yes, his play kept the USA in the game when they were down by 15. That slam he had was monstrous!

And about as clear of a foul as there could be, yet nothing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

And about as clear of a foul as there could be, yet nothing.

He made a couple 3's too but Curry was sensational. I thought there for a minute we were going to lose but LeBron started playing hard and tough defense and Curry just tore them apart. Durant made 2 big shots too, those 3 were making sure we weren't losing. Out of all the players on the team, I am disappointed in Edwards, he hasn't done much at all. I figured he would thrive in Olympic ball because of his athleticism. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He made a couple 3's too but Curry was sensational. I thought there for a minute we were going to lose but LeBron started hard and tough defense and Curry just tore them apart. Durant made a 2 big shots too, those 3 were making sure we weren't losing. Out of all the players on the team, I am disappointed in Edwards, he hasn't done much at all. I figured he would thrive in Olympic ball because of his athleticism. 

He's not on the same level right now. It's not his time yet, and he realizes that. He literally just turned 23 years old. He was 2 years old when LeBron came into the league. LOL. 

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

LeBron will play until he's 50 Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV

I think this is it for him as far as the olympics go. He's basically stated that he won't be anywhere near LA in 2028. Lol. 

I think he has 1 or 2 seasons left. That gray in his beard makes me chuckle. Reminds me of the Kyrie Irving "Uncle Drew" pepsi commercial several years ago. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I think this is it for him as far as the olympics go. He's basically stated that he won't be anywhere near LA in 2028. Lol. 

I think he has 1 or 2 seasons left. That gray in his beard makes me chuckle. Reminds me of the Kyrie Irving "Uncle Drew" pepsi commercial several years ago. 

Watch the Lakers trade Reaves, Russell, Rui, and a bunch of draft picks for Curry. Curry and LeBron embracing each other yesterday was priceless after they won. They are close friends. Both want that 5th ring too to match Magic and Kobe. 1 last dance. This would be the Lakers starting lineup if that trade happened:

PG - Curry - He is in my top 10 of all-time, greatest shooter ever, sorry Reggie who is 2nd IMO.

SG - Dalton - he is a great shooter eventhough a rookie. He was awesome during the NCAA Tourny.

SF - LeBron - top 3 player of all-time.

PF - Vanderbilt - great defender and rebounder.

C - Davis - top 50 plyer of all-time, 20/10 guy every night + 2 or 3 blocks a game.

That crap is scary on paper for 1 year.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Watch the Lakers trade Reaves, Russell, Rui, and a bunch of draft picks for Curry. Curry and LeBron embracing each other yesterday was priceless after they won. They are close friends. Both want that 5th ring too to match Magic and Kobe. 1 last dance. This would be the Lakers starting lineup if that trade happened:

PG - Curry - He is in my top 10 of all-time, greatest shooter ever, sorry Reggie who is 2nd IMO.

SG - Dalton - he is a great shooter eventhough a rookie. He was awesome during the NCAA Tourny.

SF - LeBron - top 3 player of all-time.

PF - Vanderbilt - great defender and rebounder.

C - Davis - top 50 plyer of all-time, 20/10 guy every night + 2 or 3 blocks a game.

That crap is scary on paper for 1 year.

He's been very vocal about wanting Steph, but I don't think GS lets him go. I just don't see it. Fans would go nuts, and rightfully so. It would signal a massive rebuild and one that they would need to just tear the whole thing down and start from the ground up. 

Knecht is legit. When the draft started, based on the projections that were at the time, I said that whoever got Castle and Knecht got steals, regardless of where they ultimately were drafted. Castle went #4 to the Spurs, which was a great pick for them to pair with Wemby, and then especially after getting Chris Paul. Now he's hurt a bit, but he's going to be great. For Knecht--  dropping to 17 should be a crime. His performance against Purdue was legendary. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

He's been very vocal about wanting Steph, but I don't think GS lets him go. I just don't see it. Fans would go nuts, and rightfully so. It would signal a massive rebuild and one that they would need to just tear the whole thing down and start from the ground up. 

Knecht is legit. When the draft started, based on the projections that were at the time, I said that whoever got Castle and Knecht got steals, regardless of where they ultimately were drafted. Castle went #4 to the Spurs, which was a great pick for them to pair with Wemby, and then especially after getting Chris Paul. Now he's hurt a bit, but he's going to be great. For Knecht--  dropping to 17 should be a crime.

Lakers got the steal of the draft with Dalton. I am not a big conspiracy guy, but I am a little haha . Watch for that Curry deal, it probably won't happen but I actually give it a 25% chance just by watching the NBA since 1977. I know how they operate. They do some crooked stuff to appease the Big Markets. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Myles said:

My daughter showed me some of the break dancing.  It was all bad.

I told my wife in 10 years, it will be like seeing the difference in gymnastics from the 80s to now. It’s new. The rules and scoring is probably strange and going to be a learning curve. But yes, it was laughable.  

• Thanks 1

Team USA won women’s soccer gold today! Defeating Brazil 1-0! 

In other news the men’s and women’s track field teams took gold in the 4x400 relay, capping off one of the best USA track and field Olympics in years! 

And it’s Team USA in basketball with a lead over France so far for the gold match. 

• Like 1

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

I told my wife in 10 years, it will be like seeing the difference in gymnastics from the 80s to now. It’s new. The rules and scoring is probably strange and going to be a learning curve. But yes, it was laughable.  

Yep. I figured it would be a bit cringe, and for all we know it will be scrapped for future games. But honestly if they have enough interest it could grow into something. 

I mean we’ve got artistic swimming and gymnastics as well which look funny on TV but are extremely physically demanding. 

14 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Yep. I figured it would be a bit cringe, and for all we know it will be scrapped for future games. But honestly if they have enough interest it could grow into something. 

I mean we’ve got artistic swimming and gymnastics as well which look funny on TV but are extremely physically demanding. 

Gymnastics arguably gets more eyeballs via tv and social media. It’s big time. But yes, there is a lot of physically demanding sports that aren’t appreciated much.

• Like 1