Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

good read

To me its a little early for this article as the offseason is early in its total process, still have the draft, post draft free agency to patch some roster holes here and there. 

But I understand the frustrations, that being said, you have to give Ballard some credit, he is sticking to his team building Philosophy, and is continuing to under immense pressure, one thing I will say about ballard, the guy has some Cajones.

• Like 1

Honestly I think it’s the smart play. We honestly don’t know what we have in AR long term. Until we know that, we’re not gonna attract big name FAs and even then will struggle to. 

also, 90 percent of the time, the winner in FA(the Texans this year) usually flames out after maybe a year if that. I went back and looked, in the last 20 years, only the Rams a couple years back that spent the most acquiring the biggest names and traded the most, actually made it passed the 2nd round of the playoffs. 16 of those years, the team that did what the Texans have done, didn’t make the playoffs. 

so I’m not worried

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We have pretty much stayed the same. The only thing I am thinking is, Ballard probably seems to think that AR will be great and mask some of the problems we had last year. Minshew IMO, played well though (Overall above average) so we will see. 

"You pays yer money, and you takes yer chances." The decisions made by the Colts are based on identifiable factors, not just random (at least I hope so). Those decisions are made on probabilities. I'm convinced that most people really don't understand probabilities very well (https://www.lesswrong.com/posts/f6ZLxEWaankRZ2Crv/probability-is-in-the-mind). To treat a probability as something real is a well-known logical error (reification).

2 hours ago, TheBlueAndWhite said:

... But I understand the frustrations, that being said, you have to give Ballard some credit, he is sticking to his team building Philosophy, and is continuing to under immense pressure, one thing I will say about ballard, the guy has some Cajones.

As anyone here who has ever run a significant organization will attest, he is doing it the way he thinks is best; and is likely doing it the way he was hired to do it. Irsay chose a person with Ballard's approach for a reason - none of this is a secret to the ownership.

If his way works, everyone will forget their frustration. Everyone. Many will even pretend they were never against his method in the first place. If his way doesn't work, he'll be out of a job. I think (its fairly obvious) that he knows this. He is not going to change just to keep his job - he likely, clearly, believes he is doing his job the way he is supposed to do it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1