Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is Justin Herbert the Problem?

compuls1v3

I think Herbert is the last problem of that team. This reminds me about how Colts fans used to trash AC simply because he was the most known player on a horrible OL, while in reality he was one of the most underrated players in the league and very little of our OL problems were of his doing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, compuls1v3 said:

I've said before that I don't see the killer instinct in him to win games.  However, I saw an interesting video about why other things about the Chargers are the reason he is failing.  What do you guys think?  @Superman 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IjgyFHdVVs

I am a big fan of Herbert and don't believe he is the problem with the Chargers. I expect him to play a lot better with a new head coach.

Herbert reminds me a lot of Andrew Luck. Both were great college football players, were top scholars in college and have other interests besides football. If Herbert continues to take a lot of hits like Luck did, I would not be surprised if he retired early, as football is not his whole life. There is a lot outside football that he can do. JMO

• Like 1

I wanted to start a QB discussion thread at some point in the dead time of the offseason. Herbert is one of the guys I want to talk about.

To answer the OP, he’s not the problem. Doesn’t mean he’s a perfect player, he has some growing to do in certain areas, but the Chargers have been poorly run and poorly coached for a long time. Holding him responsible for their issues doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Superman said:

I wanted to start a QB discussion thread at some point in the dead time of the offseason. Herbert is one of the guys I want to talk about.

To answer the OP, he’s not the problem. Doesn’t mean he’s a perfect player, he has some growing to do in certain areas, but the Chargers have been poorly run and poorly coached for a long time. Holding him responsible for their issues doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

And for all the Jim Harbaugh bashing I’ve done, the man knows how to develop QB’s.    Off the top of my head…. 

— Andrew Luck

— Colin Kaepernick

— JJ McCarthy

Herbert should become better with JH overseeing his growth and development. 

• Like 1