Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MPJ IS a number 1. Period.

compuls1v3

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

So if I'm getting this right 3 catches for 100 yards and a td and 2 first downs is better 11 catches  for 100 yards a td and 7 first downs?  What kind of nonsense math is that?

Which one is the defense going to pay more attention to?  Who’s going to command a corner and a safety overtop to keep them contained?

Read my comment above.

2 minutes ago, smittywerb said:

Which one is the defense going to pay more attention to?  Who’s going to command a corner and a safety overtop to keep them contained?

Read my comment above.

Looking at how teams play the Colts they pay way more attention to Pittman than they do Pierce.  The announcers even said today the Bengals focused on trying to take away easy catches for Pittman (still had 8 for 95 yards).  

17 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Looking at how teams play the Colts they pay way more attention to Pittman than they do Pierce.  The announcers even said today the Bengals focused on trying to take away easy catches for Pittman (still had 8 for 95 yards).  

Because Pittman is the only consistent option.  If Pierce was consistently the Pierce we saw vs Tennessee he would definitely get more attention, but the reality is he’s not.  My original reply was in response to a question asking is 3 recs 100yds better than 11 recs 100 yds.

Also, Minshew is who he is.   Minshew is going to throw it within 10yds 9 times out of

10.  Also, minshew cant extend the play.  It takes Pierce more time to run down field than it does for Pittman to run his short route.  Send pressure, minshew gets happy feet and doesn’t look down field.  That’s the difference between minshew and AR.  AR will avoid the rush and keep his eyes downfield.

Also, Pittman got the majority of his yards when the game was over.  He was 5 for 40yds (under 10yds/rec) before the bengals started playing off. 

• Like 1