Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

FWIW: A few words about Baker Mayfield….

NewColtsFan

A few thoughts….

Back during free agency when Tampa signed Mayfield, Arians said that back in 2018 Mayfield was his highest ranked quarterback of that class.  I think highly of Arians opinions. 

Plus Bill Polian scouted Mayfield at the senior Bowl and said he couldn’t believe how fast Mayfield’s teammates gravitated to him.   Polian said he’d never seen anything like it. 

All I’m saying is that while Mayfield’s  career hasn’t been what was predicted,  he’s still young and a career is a very long time.   I think he’s played pretty well this year.   So I don’t expect an easy game against the Bucs. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

A few thoughts….

Back during free agency when Tampa signed Mayfield, Arians said that back in 2018 Mayfield was his highest ranked quarterback of that class.  I think highly of Arians opinions. 

Plus Bill Polian scouted Mayfield at the senior Bowl and said he couldn’t believe how fast Mayfield’s teammates gravitated to him.   Polian said he’d never seen anything like it. 

All I’m saying is that while Mayfield’s  career hasn’t been what was predicted,  he’s still young and a career is a very long time.   I think he’s played pretty well this year.   So I don’t expect an easy game against the Bucs. 

Yeah, just because White is out for tomorrow doesn't mean we should be expecting this game to be easy whatsoever. I see some people thinking of this game like it's gonna be a breeze but I am just not seeing it. Definitely gotta lock in tomorrow.

39 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

A few thoughts….

Honestly I think 2021 when Baker played the season with a torn labrum in his non-throwing shoulder really hurt how people saw him, he was obviously not playing well with the injury and the Browns really did him a disservice by letting him to continue playing with it instead of shutting him down, this year he is playing closer to his 2020 form. Ironically the Browns would probably be a way better team with him, if they let him heal because he has easily outplayed Watson since Watson became a Brown.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, six6ty said:

Yeah, just because White is out for tomorrow doesn't mean we should be expecting this game to be easy whatsoever. I see some people thinking of this game like it's gonna be a breeze but I am just not seeing it. Definitely gotta lock in tomorrow.

Rachaad White isn’t out

• Like 1