Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who's Up Next?

sb41champs

Mike Greenburg of ESPN's "Get Up" morning show shared his "Green List" of coaches he feels will lose their jobs in the near future.

#5 - Ron Rivera & Matt Eberflus (who will both be fired at season's end for new owners or GMs to hired "their guy")

#4 - Brandon Staley

#3 - Arthur Smith (an offensive guru who isn't getting it done with outstanding offensive playmakers)

#2 - Mike McCarthy (season's end)

#1 - Bill Belichick

AGREE OR DISAGREE?

I can't see anyone else getting fired mid-season except for Reich. Unless it's a complete disaster and the players are having team meetings to file grievances then most will have jobs until Black Monday... 

What McDaniel's was doing was so egregious it looks like Davis basically had no choice. 

McCarthy could be gone if the Boys miss the playoffs, but that seems unlikely. 

Matt LaFleur is a name I'm starting to hear for hot seat talk. 

I agree with Arthur Smith. He just doesn't have it. 

Eberflus and River Boat Ron both appear to be reaching the ends of their tenure. I think the franchises let things play out though to passively tank. 

Reich is in trouble the most in my opinion, and it's more due to Tepper being a control freak and not realizing that hedge funds do not translate to success in the NFL. If the Panthers play exceptionally bad tonight on national TV vs. Tyson Bagent... It might be the final time Reich is called into Tepper's office. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I can't see anyone else getting fired mid-season except for Reich. Unless it's a complete disaster and the players are having team meetings to file grievances then most will have jobs until Black Monday... 

What McDaniel's was doing was so egregious it looks like Davis basically had no choice. 

McCarthy could be gone if the Boys miss the playoffs, but that seems unlikely. 

Matt LaFleur is a name I'm starting to hear for hot seat talk. 

I agree with Arthur Smith. He just doesn't have it. 

Eberflus and River Boat Ron both appear to be reaching the ends of their tenure. I think the franchises let things play out though to passively tank. 

Reich is in trouble the most in my opinion, and it's more due to Tepper being a control freak and not realizing that hedge funds do not translate to success in the NFL. If the Panthers play exceptionally bad tonight on national TV vs. Tyson Bagent... It might be the final time Reich is called into Tepper's office. 

If I was Frankie, I would just step down if they lose tonight. He looks miserable is why. It looks he has aged 5 years since last year. I feel bad for the guy, he thought he was going to have Andrew Luck for a decade, now look at what he is dealing with lol.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If I was Frankie, I would just step down if they lose tonight. He looks miserable is why. It looks he has aged 5 years since last year. I feel bad for the guy, he thought he was going to have Andrew Luck for a decade, now look at what he is dealing with lol.

He really does look super depressed. I honestly hate it. When we first hired him he was full of life and had a fire to him. The NFL has unfortunately passed him by it seems. He needs to take a step back and evaluate his process. 

• Like 1

Just now, RollerColt said:

He really does look super depressed. I honestly hate it. When we first hired him he was full of life and had a fire to him. The NFL has unfortunately passed him by it seems. He needs to take a step back and evaluate his process. 

I loved the hire when we got him. We had Andrew and that 2018 season was very good. His system was perfect for Andrew + Andrew is a system by himself. What could have been makes me sick. Almost every Coach needs a very good to great QB to succeed for a long period time. That is what impressed me about Joe Gibbs, he won 3 SB's with Theismann who was good at best, Williams was above average, and Rypien was above average. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I loved the hire when we got him. We had Andrew and that 2018 season was very good. His system was perfect for Andrew + Andrew is a system by himself. What could have been makes me sick. Almost every Coach needs a very good to great QB to succeed for a long period time. That is what impressed me about Joe Gibbs, he won 3 SB's with Theismann who was good at best, Williams was above average, and Rypien was above average. 

Gibbs was just built different. That man could coach anyone. 

I hate when coaches get fired. I was even sad when we (The Bengals) had to let Marvin Lewis go. 

There's only one man I've ever been happy about being fired, and that happened last week after Halloween. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I hate when coaches get fired. I was even sad when we had to let Marvin Lewis go. 

There's only one man I've ever been happy about being fired, and that happened last week after Halloween. 

Lewis was jinxed. He couldn't win in the playoffs lmao 

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He has the #1 draft pick.   Who's fault was it that he got Young? Dug his own grave if Young doesn't develop. 

Looking more and more likely that Frank is next up after last night. He did his QB no favors in that game... 

That's two games in a row where an opposing defense that was known to not get after the QB (Colts, Bears) was able to maul the QB. 

That scheme is going to get Young killed. 

9 hours ago, compuls1v3 said:

He has the #1 draft pick.   Who's fault was it that he got Young? Dug his own grave if Young doesn't develop. 

I think Tepper is the one that wanted Young. Tepper was bragging about Young, calling him the Steph Curry of QBs before the draft. Frank usually likes the bigger stronger QB's. For all we know, Frank may have wanted Stroud, we will probably never find out. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Tepper is the one that wanted Young. Tepper was bragging about Young, calling him the Steph Curry of QBs before the draft. Frank usually likes the bigger stronger QB's. For all we know, Frank may have wanted Stroud, we will probably never find out. 

I would have thought he had input, but I didn't know Tepper wanted him really bad.  I don't even know anything about Tepper.

On 11/9/2023 at 3:51 PM, RollerColt said:

I hate when coaches get fired. I was even sad when we (The Bengals) had to let Marvin Lewis go. 

Ill be happy if B.B. gets it on flight home from Germany no way i believe him when he said he didnt know Brady was cheating with those deflated balls....just like he didnt know that spygate was illegal and pleaded ignorance..... garbage