Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will Levis to start

Patrick Miller

24 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Looks like Tannehill is going to miss a game so Levis will get a shot. I find this interesting because honestly I would’ve picked Levis over Richardson. 

Ive always been a big Levis fan, that being said now that he is with Tennessee hope he stinks the joint up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

Looks like Tannehill is going to miss a game so Levis will get a shot. I find this interesting because honestly I would’ve picked Levis over Richardson. 

I'm in the same boat...I also would have picked Levis over AR, and still would today, if the draft was today...not many weapons in Tennessee for him to throw to, but I feel with our team, he would thrive.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GAColtsFan said:

Curious, Why would you take Levis over Richardson ?

More starting experience with better results playing vs the same SEC Competition.   

Completion % 10 higher for Levis /  TD % to int % higher for Levis

Levis should be more NFL ready and has a higher floor,odds are he wont bust though he may not be a top 5 QB.

Richardson has the athletic ability no one else has (Levis is athletic though) which is why his ceiling is higher then any QB in this draft but was raw. Odds of a bust were quite high.

S.S. has done wonders with A.R.....he is way ahead of where it appeared he would be. Levis has no such guru and that could be a key difference in their careers ,time will tell.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

More starting experience with better results playing vs the same SEC Competition.   

Levis should be more NFL ready and has a higher floor,odds are he wont bust though he may not be a top 5 QB.

Richardson has the athletic ability no one else has (Levis is athletic though) which is why his ceiling is higher then any QB in this draft but was raw. Odds of a bust were quite high.

S.S. has done wonders with A.R.....he is way ahead of where it appeared he would be. Levis has no such guru and that could be a key difference in their careers ,time will tell.

AR is better but that is my opinion. I was so relieved we didn't draft Levis. 

29 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Yeah, I guess we’ll see.

My uncle watched every game Kentucky played last year, he lives in Kentucky. He is a huge SEC guy and he told me that Levis would be a bust. I even seen 3 or 4 games he played in as well and he didn't impress at all. I guess we will see. When the Titans drafted him, my uncle was so mad it was hilarious, he is also a Titans fan.

I'm glad to see him start and get a shot. I wasn't sure about him leading up to the draft, but thought he'd go in the first round. 

I'll say this from an evaluation standpoint in terms of AR vs. Lewis: 

Lewis has more experience, but his highs were consistently more in the medium range, even in his wins. 

Richardson has less experience, but his highs were much more impressive. The Colts saw what Richardson could become and decided that's what they needed to compete against the likes of Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Herbert, Lawrence, and Jackson. 

We can't settle for just okay. Either Richardson achieves his potential, or he burns out and we start over again. But that upside is what it's going to take to beat those star QBs in the playoffs for years to come. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No way in hell would I have ever drafted Levis over Richardson. Everyone will finally get to see why.

Not exactly...The Titans are a bad team with no receiving threats.  Not many QBs would look good, on that squad.   Time will tell, but I'm afraid that AR will not have a long career... As Dungy said, the best ability of any player is AVAILABILITY.  Doesnt matter how much potential AR has, if he is hurt all the time (Example would be Jonathan Bender from the Pacers, years ago...potential through the roof...was never healthy).

6 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

Which is why my opinion was Levis, on OUR team with OUR coach, would have been the much better pick.  I hate drafting on long term potential, especially on a player that may not have a long career.

On 10/25/2023 at 8:41 PM, Patrick Miller said:

I just thought he looked more NFL ready and a lot more accurate. He’s more of the pocket passer quarterback that I prefer.

AR has a higher ceiling but also a lower floor.  My fear was exactly what we are seeing.   I eared he would be an often injured QB.

16 hours ago, coltsblue1844 said:

I'm in the same boat...I also would have picked Levis over AR, and still would today, if the draft was today...not many weapons in Tennessee for him to throw to, but I feel with our team, he would thrive.

Are you serious? I would take Hopkins and Henry over many in the league.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Are you serious? I would take Hopkins and Henry over many in the league.

Yes, I'm serious. Maybe 5 years ago they were better than many in the league but they're both well past their prime now. Hopkins has under 400 yards receiving for the season and he's the leading receiver for their team by far.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Exactly, Hopkins is better than any WR we have and Henry and Taylor are on the same level. They also have a better coach as of now, Vrabel isn't a rookie and has even won COY. 

Our rookie wide receiver has more receiving yards than Hopkins does this season....and Moss has more rushing yards than Henry.

You guys put too much stock in their name and what they did in the past versus what they're currently capable of.

Just now, coltsblue1844 said:

Our rookie wide receiver has more receiving yards than Hopkins does this season....and Moss has more rushing yards than Henry.

You guys put too much stock in their name and what they did in the past versus what they're currently capable of.

It is because Tannehill stinks now days. Hopkins is older but did you watch him against us? Henry is still a great RB, Titans O.line has been banged up and teams are just keying on him because Tannehill can't throw it downfield anymore. If Levis is any good, he has plenty of weapons to work with, even that other RB they have is good and fast. You are already making built in excuses for Levis in case he plays poorly. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is because Tannehill stinks now days. Hopkins is older but did you watch him against us? Henry is still a great RB, Titans O.line has been banged up and teams are just keying on him because Tannehill can't throw it downfield anymore. If Levis is any good, he has plenty of weapons to work with, even that other RB they have is good and fast. You are already making built in excuses for Levis in case he plays poorly. 

Quite the opposite you guys are acting like he's playing with a bunch of pro bowlers so that when he puts up average numbers you can trash him.

The fact is our rookies and backups are putting up better numbers than any of the starters on the Titans roster

Just now, coltsblue1844 said:

Half of the forum here hated Levis so bad that they're scared to death he's going to play well so they're hyping up the players on the team around him even though they all stink and are way past their prime

Yeah well, half the forum hated that we drafted AR because they wanted Levis. It goes both ways. There are even some in here writing AR off already because of his injuries. Which is ridiculous. There have been a ton of rookie QB's get injured, Burrow and Stafford just to name 2 huge one's. Stafford had the same injury that AR just had, some said he would be a bust, that aged beautifully didn't it lmao 

34 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Exactly, Hopkins is better than any WR we have and Henry and Taylor are on the same level. They also have a better coach as of now, Vrabel isn't a rookie and has even won COY. 

Hopkins is great, one of the best in football. Henry will probably be inducted into the Hall of Fame and is still going strong.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Hopkins is great, one of the best in football. Henry will probably be inducted into the Hall of Fame and is still going strong.

Yet, again, Josh Downs, our rookie WR and Zack Moss, our backup RB are putting up better numbers than either of them...Pittman has more yards than Hopkins as well... Pierce would be #2 in receiving yards on the Titans, with his 202 yards this year ... all while playing with our backup QB...tell me again how many weapons the Titans have 😂

57 minutes ago, coltsblue1844 said:

Yet, again, Josh Downs, our rookie WR and Zack Moss, our backup RB are putting up better numbers than either of them...Pittman has more yards than Hopkins as well... Pierce would be #2 in receiving yards on the Titans, with his 202 yards this year ... all while playing with our backup QB...tell me again how many weapons the Titans have 😂

Did it ever dawn on you, that maybe the reason why we have better numbers as a whole is because of our QB play? AR and Mustache both have actually played good for the most part, Tannehill hasn't. I would love to have Hopkins even at his age. When AR has been in and played, we have outscored teams 71-70. Mustache fits our system well, he has been accurate quite a bit and finding guys open for a lot of yards. Point is if Levis is good, guys like Hopkins should start having better numbers, Henry should be able to run better as well because defenses will have to respect their pass, etc..

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Did it ever dawn on you, that maybe the reason why we have better numbers as a whole is because of our QB play? AR and Mustache both have actually played good for the most part, Tannehill hasn't. I would love to have Hopkins even at his age. When AR has been in and played, we have outscored teams 71-70. Mustache fits our system well, he has been accurate quite a bit and finding guys open for a lot of yards. Point is if Levis is good, guys like Hopkins should start having better numbers, Henry should be able to run better as well because defenses will have to respect their pass, etc..

Hopkins hasn't had a 1,000 yard season since 2020...and the Cards were a passing team.

39 minutes ago, coltsblue1844 said:

Hopkins hasn't had a 1,000 yard season since 2020...and the Cards were a passing team.

Okay. You failed to mention that he played no more than 10 or so games each of the last two years. That makes a difference. He is playing now and when he plays, he is a playmaker. The last season that he played 15 to 16 games (2020), he had more than 1000 yards.

Folks lose credibility when they omit facts to advance a narrative.

Btw, Justin Jefferson may not have 1000 yards this year. Is it because he is not one of the best? No, it is because he is missing games.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Okay. You failed to mention that he played no more than 10 or so games each of the last two years. That makes a difference. He is playing now and when he plays, he is a playmaker. The last season that he played 15 to 16 games (2020), he had more than 1000 yards.

Btw, Justin Jefferson may not have 1000 yards this year. Is it because he is not one of the best? No, it is because he is missing games.

I don't get how anyone can say with any authority or certainty that any of these QBs are going to be more successful than the other as of right now... 

I remember when RG3 had the best rookie year ever and outshone Luck. 

Levis hasn't played a single snap and yet some are already crowning him and writing off Anthony Richardson? 

Dear God... :facepalm:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

I don't get how anyone can say with any authority or certainty that any of these QBs are going to be more successful than the other as of right now... 

I remember when RG3 had the best rookie year ever and outshone Luck. 

Levis hasn't played a single snap and yet some are already crowning him and writing off Anthony Richardson? 

Dear God... :facepalm:

There is always a handful people that would rather be right, than see the Colts win with a QB they didn't want. So they can say, see I told you so. Before AR's injury, he was outplaying Stroud and we were up 14-0 at Houston. Once Stroud had a couple of good games, there were some in here saying, - see we should have traded up and took him. He is way better. 

Bottomline is, we don't even know if Stroud will better than AR in the long run. He has played 6 games. All I know is we had a chance to take Levis but took AR instead and all the other teams passed on Levis too. They must know something we don't in here. Hell, last week the Titans were playing Willis instead of Levis and Willis is terrible. From the games I have watched Levis play in college, he didn't impress at all and his attitude comes off really bad, like his crap doesn't stink type of attitude. I am happy with AR and I have good feeling that he is going to have a good year in 2024.

My uncle lives in KY and watched every game Levis played last season and he thinks he will be a bust. He is a Titan fan and hated it when the Titans took him.

21 hours ago, NFLfan said:

You ever stop and think that maybe the reason he hasn't played a full season in that long is because he's getting too old?

16 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There is always a handful people that would rather be right, than see the Colts win with a QB they didn't want. So they can say, see I told you so. Before AR's injury, he was outplaying Stroud and we were up 14-0 at Houston. Once Stroud had a couple of good games, there were some in here saying, - see we should have traded up and took him. He is way better. 

Bottomline is, we don't even know if Stroud will better than AR in the long run. He has played 6 games. All I know is we had a chance to take Levis but took AR instead and all the other teams passed on Levis too. They must know something we don't in here. Hell, last week the Titans were playing Willis instead of Levis and Willis is terrible. From the games I have watched Levis play in college, he didn't impress at all and his attitude comes off really bad, like his crap doesn't stink type of attitude. I am happy with AR and I have good feeling that he is going to have a good year in 2024.

My uncle lives in KY and watched every game Levis played last season and he thinks he will be a bust. He is a Titan fan and hated it when the Titans took him.

No, I want to see the Colts win ever game no matter who their quarterback is. And AR was not having a better season than Stroud. Before he got hurt. He had more russian touchdowns but he was not doing a whole lot as a passer which is the whole goal of a quarterback. I hope that he has a good long career...but we just don't know... As for all the other teams who passed on Levis, apparently knowing something that we don't, there were plenty of rumors that had we not taken AR when we did, he could have slipped to the second round. Also. Teams in the NFL very rarely draft based off of potential. That's something that's done in the NBA.

6 hours ago, coltsblue1844 said:

No, I want to see the Colts win ever game no matter who their quarterback is. And AR was not having a better season than Stroud. Before he got hurt. He had more russian touchdowns but he was not doing a whole lot as a passer which is the whole goal of a quarterback. I hope that he has a good long career...but we just don't know... As for all the other teams who passed on Levis, apparently knowing something that we don't, there were plenty of rumors that had we not taken AR when we did, he could have slipped to the second round. Also. Teams in the NFL very rarely draft based off of potential. That's something that's done in the NBA.

Re-read my post, I never said AR was having a better season than Stroud before he got injured that put him out for the year. I specifically said, he was outplaying Stroud when they played Houston, we were up 14-0 and AR had 2 Rushing TDs, Stroud even had a costly fumble. I was talking about that 1 game.

Also if Hopkins had a QB that could get him the ball, his numbers would be good this year. He has been healthy all year.