Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 NBA, Pacers and all NBA talk

Around this time every year is really when I start watching the NBA more because the NFL is almost over. I watched tonight's game and beating Philly without Haliburton shows me a lot. We are also 4-1 vs the Bucks this season, and we have a win over Boston. As of now we are 25-20 and 6th in the East - staying out of that playin bull. Once Haliburton comes back, we should end up in the top 4 as time moves on, if he stays healthy. Pascal had a TDB tonight. Teams start playing harder once half the season is out of the way, so it is worth watching after you are 41 games in. 1st half of the season, I have always called the 'Practice Season' = get your chemistry down and stay around .500, then in the last 41 kick butt because you know the team you will have moving forward!  

• 4 weeks later...

Everyone in the media and a lot of players have been giving their all-time starting 5 lately. Allen Iverson gave his yesterday. Doctor J has given his, Shaq has given his, a lot of media people have been giving theirs's. Yes, it is opinion but anyone that doesn't have Magic Johnson as their point guard, their list should be thrown in the trash period. I don't care if someone has played in the league for 20 years and tries and tell me Magic isn't on their list. I would tell them they have no clue.

PG Magic Johnson - Step Curry better shooter, not a better player.

SG Michael Jordan - Kobe was great but he wasn't Jordan.

-Jordan and Magic are the only 2 that are automatic, I can see arguments at the other 3 positions.

SF is between LeBron James and Larry Bird

PF is between Tim Duncan and Karl Malone

Center spot is really debatable - Between Kareem, Wilt, and Shaq. No, Bill Russell isn't better than any of those 3. 8 of his Championships won were by winning 2 series and he had offensive deficiencies that stood out.

My perfect team would be:

PG Magic Johnson

SG Michael Jordan

SF Larry Bird

PF Karl Malone

C Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

I have Larry at SF because I am going by, I would need a 3 point shooter to complete and have no weaknesses on my team. Malone could run the fast break better than Duncan, he would be a match made in heaven with Magic! Malone would have at least 5 slams every game! Kareem was clutch and was a good FT shooter unlike Wilt and Shaq. Kareem would be a better rim protector as well, he was taller at 7'2. Michael Jordan would average 30 a game in his sleep on this team and he wouldn't even need too. He could also shut down the others team best player (defense). Magic would have a TDB every game = 17 points/15 Assists/10 Rebounds.

On 2/22/2024 at 10:49 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pacers roll tonight. 32-25 on the season, just finish in the Top 6 and it will be all good. Pacers are currently 6th. Haliburton 25 Points and 13 Assists, Pascal 20 Points tonight. Game was over at Halftime as the Pacers were up 29 against the lowly Pistons. 

Really like the team, potential is through the roof, and I can't wait to see Walker get more action(probably won't be till next year, but that's fine)

Looking forward to next year, they are building the G League Mad Ants, new arena in Noblesville(where I live), so will be checking in on a few of those games throughout the season.

Still can't believe Haliburton got robbed for All Star MVP. Had 7 less points on 11 fewer shot attempts than Lillard, while having 4 more rebounds.

That was trash, even more trash that Doc Rivers coached the game after having Bucks job for 1 game... Like why? How does that happen? Mazzula wasn't an option because he coached last year....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Huge win for the Pacers tonight. We beat the Heat 117-115 and have complete control of the 6th seed now sitting at 45-34. So proud of this team. The big Fella Pascal Season 14 Hug GIF by The Simpsons- I love that guy he is the best, we have a true all-around deep team with 1 star in HaliburtonShakespeare In Love Applause GIF by MIRAMAX.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Huge win for the Pacers tonight. We beat the Heat 117-115 and have complete control of the 6th seed now sitting at 45-34. So proud of this team. The big Fella Pascal Season 14 Hug GIF by The Simpsons- I love that guy he is the best, we have a true all-around deep team with 1 star in HaliburtonShakespeare In Love Applause GIF by MIRAMAX.

Magic number of 2 to clinch top 6 seed.

Tell you what, Haliburton be making me mad way to often. The way he plays, or I will say has played the last couple months and at times last year, just drives me crazy.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, w87r said:

Magic number of 2 to clinch top 6 seed.

Tell you what, Haliburton be making me mad way to often. The way he plays, or I will say has played the last couple months and at times last year, just drives me crazy.

His 3 point shooting hasn't been as good for some reason since January. He still looks crisp with his passing, but I agree with you regarding his shooting and shot selection, it has been frustrating. The only mistake the Pacers have made this year was getting rid of Buddy Hield, we should have kept him. I hated we let him go for a bag of chips. 

Before the season started, I picked us to win 46 games and get the 5th seed. Very close.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

His 3 point shooting hasn't been as good for some reason since January. He still looks crisp with his passing, but I agree with you regarding his shooting and shot selection, it has been frustrating. The only mistake the Pacers have made this year was getting rid of Buddy Hield, we should have kept him. I hated we let him go for a bag of chips. 

Before the season started, I picked us to win 46 games and get the 5th seed. Very close.

I don't mind letting Buddy go, because he asked out. I like Doug mcbuckets.

Big loss was mathurin, he is integral part of the team. Wouldn't feel the loss of Buddy as much if Ben was still playing.

Carlisle be making mad too, never challenges when he should.

Not sure if you have Bally and are watching full games. I have it, but there is just so many he lets go by.

He should of challenged like 3-4 different ones yesterday. I know you can only do 2, but there was multiple occasions he should of.

As far as Haliburton, I feel he dribbles to much 30' from the rim, sometimes getting the offense out of rhythm and stagnant. Another thing is late in games when they inbound and let the the clock run before they grab it....

He did that in the inbound yesterday before he picked it up to throw it in, and the clock wasn't running. Literally just gave the defense time to sit up their press...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, w87r said:

I don't mind letting Buddy go, because he asked out. I like Doug mcbuckets.

Big loss was mathurin, he is integral part of the team. Wouldn't feel the loss of Buddy as much if Ben was still playing.

Carlisle be making mad too, never challenges when he should.

Not sure if you have Bally and are watching full games. I have it, but there is just so many he lets go by.

He should of challenged like 3-4 different ones yesterday. I know you can only do 2, but there was multiple occasions he should of.

As far as Haliburton, I feel he dribbles to much 30' from the rim, sometimes getting the offense out of rhythm. Another thing is late in games when they inbound and let the the clock run before they grab it....

He did that in the inbound yesterday before he picked it up to throw it in, and the clock wasn't running. Literally just gave the defense time to sit up their press...

Carlisle sometimes seems like he is in outer space. Good coach but doesn't call timeouts correctly a lot either. The Mathurin injury was bad, that is where missing Buddy hurts. Of course, we couldn't anticipate Mathurin getting injured so that isn't the FO fault. Last night was a gigantic win, staying out of that playin game is big.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Last night was a gigantic win, staying out of that playin game is big.

Not done yet but I like our chances.

Remaining games:(magic number 2)

Pacers:

@ Toronto

@ Cavs

Hawks

Heat:

@ Hawks

@ Mavs

Raptors 

Raptors 

76ers:

Pistons 

Magic

Nets

Of course we can still move up to. Get 1 win in out final 3 coupled with a loss by both of them and we clinch. Hopefully we just win out. 

Might be 4 seed if we do that.?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pacers will clinch top 6th spot with one more win or 1 more loss by the Sixers and Heat. We have the tiebreakers over both teams. 

The race for 6th to stay out of the playin:

Pacers 46-34

Sixers 45-35

Heat 44-35

Fify with bolded.

The 4th and 5th seed are well within play.

Cavs:(1/2 game ahead of Pacers)

Grizzlies 

Pacers

Hornets 

Magic:(1/2 game ahead of Pacers)

@Bucks

@76ers

Bucks

Giannis got hurt so those game might not be too bad, at least not as hard as they would of been with him.

We have tie breaker on Cavs as well, if we win that game. If we lost that game season series would be 2-2.

If we beat the Cavs and win out, it will be 5th seed at worst.

Magic have tie breaker on us though, so would need them to lose 2 while we win out. Definitely plausible.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, w87r said:

Fify with bolded.

The 4th and 5th seed are well within play.

Cavs:(1/2 game ahead of Pacers)

Grizzlies 

Pacers

Hornets 

Magic:(1/2 game ahead of Pacers)

@Bucks

@76ers

Bucks

Giannis got hurt so those game might not be too bad, at least not as hard as they would of been with him.

We have tie breaker on Cavs as well, if we win that game. If we lost that game season series would be 2-2.

If we beat the Cavs and win out, it will be 5th seed at worst.

Magic have tie breaker on us though, so would need them to lose 2 while we win out. Definitely plausible.

I prefer to stay in 6th spot because that keeps us out of the Celtics bracket until the Conference Finals. All the other teams are real beatable. Heat lost tonight so they can finish no higher than 7th. A Pacers win or Philly loss, we clinch 6th.

• Like 2

My Clips going in with 4 seed looks like, West so stacked they get Dallas which is not easy but should be a win in 5 or 6. Then things get tougher but if Leonard returns from this rest they have on paper the best starting 5 in the league and Westbrook and Powell off the bench. They will be a hard out for anyone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

My Clips going in with 4 seed looks like, West so stacked they get Dallas which is not easy but should be a win in 5 or 6. Then things get tougher but if Leonard returns from this rest they have on paper the best starting 5 in the league and Westbrook and Powell off the bench. They will be a hard out for anyone.

Wish they would of let Russ go for triple double 200 last night. 

I understand resting them though.

17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I prefer to stay in 6th spot because that keeps us out of the Celtics bracket until the Conference Finals. All the other teams are real beatable. Heat lost tonight so they can finish no higher than 7th. A Pacers win or Philly loss, we clinch 6th.

I can see that argument, but getting to the 4 seed gets us HCA in first round. Have to get by it first, before you can worry about who you play next.

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I want to see a Pacers/Celtics East Final matchup because Boston chokes every year. 

They can choke in conference semi's too.

All I really care about is clinching that top 6 spot though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

I can't see the Clippers beating Dallas, that is JMO. Luka is playing out of his mind and Irving now loves his teammates and playing in Dallas which is huge. I would pick Dallas in 6 over the Clippers.

4 minutes ago, w87r said:

They can choke in conference semi's too.

All I really care about is clinching that top 6 spot though.

I mean to get the cherry on top of the Sundae, finishing 4th and getting HCA in round 1, then beating Boston in Round 2 would be the perfect scenario. I just look at Boston and see a team as the playoffs get longer, they are a team that feels more pressure. I would rather deal with them late but I am good either way. I am pretty sure we can beat the Knicks because Randle is out, and I think we are better than the Cavs or Magic. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I can't see the Clippers beating Dallas, that is JMO. Luka is playing out of his mind and Irving now loves his teammates and playing in Dallas which is huge. I would pick Dallas in 6 over the Clippers.

Yeah the Mavs are going to be a tough out.

Kyrie is playing great 39-19 in games he played this season, and Luca is having arguable MVP season.

I will be pulling for the Clippers though.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I mean to get the cherry on top of the Sundae, finishing 4th and getting HCA in round 1, then beating Boston in Round 2 would be the perfect scenario. I just look at Boston and see a team as the playoffs get longer, they are team that feels more pressure. I would rather deal with them late but I am good either way. I am pretty sure we can beat the Knicks because Randle is out, and I think we are better than the Cavs or Magic. 

Knicks are going to be a tough out also.

Brunson is playing great, they don't have Randle, but they did just get Robinson bad which is pretty big for them.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That Heat win the other night showed me we have what it takes mentally as a team to beat anyone. Those are the type of games the Heat rarely lose with a lot on the line. If we do go on a run, that Heat win 117-115 will be something to look back on. 

Final 2 minute report showed 2 miss calls against Pacers, one of which would of given Herro 3 FTs.

Was a big win to pull out though, I was nervous.

I dislike our chances in a play in game.

Would've been(still might) against Philly or Miami. If we lose that, then looking at the Bulls.... They have our number this year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Yeah the Mavs are going to be a tough out.

Kyrie is playing great 39-19 in games he played this season, and Luca is having arguable MVP season.

I will be pulling for the Clippers though.

Knicks are going to be a tough out also.

Brunson is playing great, they don't have Randle, but they did just get Robinson bad which is pretty big for them.

This is the best team we have had since 2018 when we took the Cavs 7 in round 1. It has taken us 6 seasons to be relevant again, but IMO this is the best team talent wise we have had since 2014 when we George, West, and Big Roy. Pascal is a borderline Superstar IMO, Haliburton is one, he scored 30 Tuesday night and looked healthy in a win over the Raptors. So hopefully he is out of his slump. Turner is basically an All-Star so we have a Big3.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, w87r said:

Final 2 minute report showed 2 miss calls against Pacers, one of which would of given Herro 3 FTs.

Was a big win to pull out though, I was nervous.

I dislike our chances in a play in game.

Would've been(still might) against Philly or Miami. If we lose that, then looking at the Bulls.... They have our number this year.

I agree with everything you just said. Before the Heat game, I labeled it as a statement game and a game that would show me if the Pacers are legit. They didn't let me down and the crowd sounded like Market Square after the buzzer went off. Huge for our franchise. Heat are sneaky great and almost always find ways to win it seems unless they are just playing a team where they are clearly outmatched like against Denver. Sunday had me nervous as hell. Butler and Herro both are great players, so is their Center Adebayo. 

• Like 1

157-115 Pacers win. 6th seed we are. Question is, who will we play? Bucks or Knicks 1st. Doesn't matter to me, I just wanted to stay out of Boston's bracket. Get them late when they usually choke.

My reaction: Biggest win for this franchise since forcing a Game 7 vs the Cavs and LeBron in the 2018 playoffs. One game at a time is our mantra as we plan on a long playoff run. This win is for you Indianapolis, screw the East Coast bias stuff that wanted Philly in that 6th spot and have ignored us. Laughing at you too Molly and Stephen A and your precious Philly team. We were better this year, and you can take that to the bank! Nobody ever talks about us, now they will.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

157-115 Pacers win. 6th seed we are. Question is, who will we play? Bucks or Knicks 1st. Doesn't matter to me, I just wanted to stay out of Boston's bracket. Get them late when they usually choke.

My reaction: Biggest win for this franchise since forcing a Game 7 vs the Cavs and LeBron in the 2018 playoffs. One game at a time is our mantra as we plan on a long playoff run. This win is for you Indianapolis, screw the East Coast bias stuff that wanted Philly in that 6th spot and have ignored us. Laughing at you too Molly and Stephen A and your precious Philly team. We were better this year, and you can take that to the bank! Nobody ever talks about us, now they will.

Great win, should've got to 160, but Kendall Brown blew it 

Pretty sure Giannis is going to miss at least 2-3 games of that series?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is definitely put up or shut up time.  I remember everyone talking about the Pacers in that early season tournament, then it went away.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, w87r said:

Great win, should've got to 160, but Kendall Brown blew it 

Pretty sure Giannis is going to miss at least 2-3 games of that series?

We are also 4-1 vs the Bucks this season and with Giannis being hampered I like our chances. Doc Rivers has been known to choke too.

• Like 1

Wife and I went to the game today. Couldn’t ask for a better first game for her. She isnt a sports fan but had fun and was clapping and cheering towards the end. The Pacers have a mini 3 going with Halliburton, Turner and Siakam. They played lights out and really put on a show. Going to check prices on playoff tickets and see if we can go again. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Wife and I went to the game today. Couldn’t ask for a better first game for her. She isnt a sports fan but had fun and was clapping and cheering towards the end. The Pacers have a mini 3 going with Halliburton, Turner and Siakam. They played lights out and really put on a show. Going to check prices on playoff tickets and see if we can go again. 

Great stuff. This is the best team we have had since 2014 IMO. 

• Like 1