Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reich finally hands over OC duties…

Happy2BeHere

3 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

We needed him to do this back when we had Sirianni here.  Bout time Reich you stink at calling plays and being a head coach together.

https://www.nfl.com/news/panthers-head-coach-frank-reich-hands-over-play-calling-duties-to-offensive-coor

According to the article I read on NFL.com - this was "the plan" from the moment that Reich hired OC Thomas Brown - who is well regarded as a "bright offensive mind".

We shall se what we shall see.

5 minutes ago, sb41champs said:

According to the article I read on NFL.com - this was "the plan" from the moment that Reich hired OC Thomas Brown - who is well regarded as a "bright offensive mind".

We shall se what we shall see.

I doubt that “this was the plan all along”…that’s ridiculous. Why would you change OC duties at any point in a season as part of the gameplan. If they were 6-0 right now would he have handed off the playcalling then? No..a resounding NO in my opinion. Dumbest thing I’ve heard. Hey guys, I’m going to be the OC to start the year but sometime during the year I’ll give that up and have someone else come in and do that so you can learn a different man’s philosophy mid season of how he wants to call the shots…

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Happy2BeHere said:

I doubt that “this was the plan all along”…that’s ridiculous. Why would you change OC duties at any point in a season as part of the gameplan. If they were 6-0 right now would he have handed off the playcalling then? No..a resounding NO in my opinion. Dumbest thing I’ve heard. Hey guys, I’m going to be the OC to start the year but sometime during the year I’ll give that up and have someone else come in and do that so you can learn a different man’s philosophy mid season of how he wants to call the shots…

I invite you to read the article on NFL.com regarding this matter.

4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

@VikingsFanInChennai  I hope KOC does the same. He cannot get the plays in on time and his clock management is poor. He should focus on the overall game and hand play-calling duties to someone else.

I couldn't see such details in the highlights, did he have similar struggle last year? Lots of those close games last season, his play calling worked fine to close out many games well. But, if he's struggling with clock management and decision making, he needs to distribute his workload around whatever way it works. 

I didn't realize next game is on MNF against SF, Kirk on prime time against that defense.. I think there will be a couple of interceptions and fumbles. If CMC is not playing, it might help and Purdy had a bad game this week even though he played like Brady when it mattered in the last drive. They have lost one game, so they're going to come out firing on all cylinders and Vikings will be calling AAA for jump start all the game. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I couldn't see such details in the highlights, did he have similar struggle last year? Lots of those close games last season, his play calling worked fine to close out many games well. But, if he's struggling with clock management and decision making, he needs to distribute his workload around whatever way it works. 

I didn't realize next game is on MNF against SF, Kirk on prime time against that defense.. I think there will be a couple of interceptions and fumbles. If CMC is not playing, it might help and Purdy had a bad game this week even though he played like Brady when it mattered in the last drive. They have lost one game, so they're going to come out firing on all cylinders and Vikings will be calling AAA for jump start all the game. 

CMC and Deebo may both miss the game. Their defense is great and they are not missing anyone there. So, we might see some bad Vikings offense.

Fans are complaining a lot about receivers dropping the passes and hurting Kirk's stats. Have you seen this game tonight? Prescott put a pass right in the hands of Gallup and he dropped it. Kirk fans would be going nuts.

15 hours ago, NFLfan said:

CMC and Deebo may both miss the game. Their defense is great and they are not missing anyone there. So, we might see some bad Vikings offense.

Fans are complaining a lot about receivers dropping the passes and hurting Kirk's stats. Have you seen this game tonight? Prescott put a pass right in the hands of Gallup and he dropped it. Kirk fans would be going nuts.

Vikings fans are weird, especially DN.. Honest guys like GF have moved on to new site, at least they'd say spade as a spade. DN would turn 180 when Kirk is gone, and would blame everything on him later. Just like how they built narratives on Zimmer or Speilman.. Kirk can do that too, but not consistently under pressure or in clutch situations.

It's just what it is, I'm just excited for next off-season to see what Vikings do about QB and roster going forward. With all the money that'd be paid to Hockensen, even Oliver and Jefferson, along the OL on offense, they surely will have to draft a QB. 

I'd hope they move up and get someone like Penix or whoever that could inspire some fight from the QB position. 

There’s another school of thought that’s not being talked about here.   That Frank may have been ordered to give up the play calling by the team owner, David Pepper.  

Frank may be close to being a one-and-done HC in Carolina.   He might get fired after one year.   Pepper has a bad reputation as an overly meddlesome owner.   It may have been Pepper who picked Bryce Young.  And pushed for the trade up to take Young.   And with the Panthers starting out 0-6, Frank may become the fall guy.   Pepper could point to Frank as the reason for the terrible season. 

Honestly….  I feel bad for Frank. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

There’s another school of thought that’s not being talked about here.   That Frank may have been ordered to give up the play calling by the team owner, David Pepper.  

Frank may be close to being a one-and-done HC in Carolina.   He might get fired after one year.   Pepper has a bad reputation as an overly meddlesome owner.   It may have been Pepper who picked Bryce Young.  And pushed for the trade up to take Young.   And with the Panthers starting out 0-6, Frank may become the fall guy.   Pepper could point to Frank as the reason for the terrible season. 

Honestly….  I feel bad for Frank. 

I brought it up in a different thread about the owner demanding Reich have a meeting with him weekly. 

He’s shown to have his hands in every decision made, and it’s not a good look for the organization. 

There are rumors according to Rich Eisen that Pepper wanted Stroud, but Reich pushed for Young. If that’s the case, Reich might already be a dead man walking metaphorically…

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RollerColt said:

I brought it up in a different thread about the owner demanding Reich have a meeting with him weekly. 

He’s shown to have his hands in every decision made, and it’s not a good look for the organization. 

There are rumors according to Rich Eisen that Pepper wanted Stroud, but Reich pushed for Young. If that’s the case, Reich might already be a dead man walking metaphorically…

Yep agreed. This same owner fired a coach who did great with what he had. To hire Frank for whatever reason. I said I’d be surprised if Frank made it through two years down there, it’s not looking good to even make 1. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Yep agreed. This same owner fired a coach who did great with what he had. To hire Frank for whatever reason. I said I’d be surprised if Frank made it through two years down there, it’s not looking good to even make 1. 

Talking about Wilks right? 

He was so good at the end of last year for that team. No shocker that he's doing well with San Francisco. I always felt like he never was truly given a chance. Went 3-13 with the Cardinals in his first year as a head coach and they immediately fired him. 

But yeah. The new Panthers owner is obviously desperate to win. In hindsight, they'll be kicking themselves for trading everything to move up in last year's draft, when this upcoming QB class looks lightyears better and chock full of talent. 

Patience is a virtue.

• Like 1