Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 NFL Draft

Solid84

So do we feel like it'll be a corner that we go after 1st round if Harrison Jr. is gone? Whoever we pick needs to have an immediate impact on the team. No delayed gratification. 

We need at least two straight years of excellent draft picks to help the team. Think of '98-2003. In those years, we got Manning, Edge, Wayne, Clark, and Freeney. That's picking game changers year after year who made immediate impacts and were crucial to the team's success. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Solid84 said:

The Bears currently have the 1st and 2nd overall picks. That's Williams and MHJr. off the board right there...

Williams is pulling an Eli Manning and John Elway. At least verbally right now. He’s claiming he plans to stay another year cause he’ll make more money with NIL funds and will only play for 5 teams, all of them west coast or Deep South teams like the Saints. 

17 hours ago, sb41champs said:

While the entirety of the 2023 season hasn't yet played out - that seems like a likely scenario.

I never thought the Colts would have a pick high enough to select MHJr in 2024.

Doesn’t mean a trade isn’t out of the question either

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think we should go after Tee Higgins in Free Agency and draft a CB in Round 1. 

As a Bengals fan, I'd actually rather us not. Tee isn't a true #1 WR. And I hate saying that because I love the dude. But he's not a consistent week in and week out crucial catch kind of guy. He disappears for lengths of games. 

We need a true #1 that can take over a game when it's a necessity. 

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

As a Bengals fan, I'd actually rather us not. Tee isn't a true #1 WR. And I hate saying that because I love the dude. But he's not a consistent week in and week out crucial catch kind of guy. He disappears for lengths of games. 

He is a lot like Pittman regarding being a low grade #1, I think he and Pittman could feed off of each other. Tee has some speed so it was just a suggestion, Pitt is more of a possession WR. 

31 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Not every team can have #1 WR truly.

You aim for getting one in the draft whenever possible, but until you get one, you gotta have those variety of his at the WR position, who can really change the game. It's true Higgins will not make noise for long duration, a la, Mike Williams, but they make enough plays over the season. And, you can have other receivers who can consistently get underneath routes for good gains. However, what Higgins would expect in free agency will also be under consideration in Ballard's mind and I'd not fault him if the demand is more than its worth.

Best is to find the good guys in a draft that has a diverse set of receivers, which I think next draft could have. 

26 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Not every team can have #1 WR truly.

You aim for getting one in the draft whenever possible, but until you get one, you gotta have those variety of his at the WR position, who can really change the game. It's true Higgins will not make noise for long duration, a la, Mike Williams, but they make enough plays over the season. And, you can have other receivers who can consistently get underneath routes for good gains. However, what Higgins would expect in free agency will also be under consideration in Ballard's mind and I'd not fault him if the demand is more than its worth.

Best is to find the good guys in a draft that has a diverse set of receivers, which I think next draft could have. 

Correct, not every team can have one, but once a team gets that type of guy everything opens up. 

Also, historically speaking we've never had much luck picking up FA receivers. And I agree that Higgins will probably command too much for Ballard's liking unless he's cheaper than Pittman. 

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

Williams is pulling an Eli Manning and John Elway. At least verbally right now. He’s claiming he plans to stay another year cause he’ll make more money with NIL funds and will only play for 5 teams, all of them west coast or Deep South teams like the Saints. 

Doesn’t mean a trade isn’t out of the question either

True - but - unlikely.

Chris Ballard hasn't been open to trading multiple high-round draft picks for one player - and - I don't see him doing that for Marv Jr.

After all - he DID NOT "trade up" to draft a new franchise QB - and - wide receiver is a safer position to draft.

We can - however - keep our fingers crossed.

First of all, I don't see Ballard doing alot this off season but signing our guys. We don't have alot of holes so I would like him to trade up as high as he can without giving up the year after draft picks. The top 4 FA Colts who need to be resigned, if we don't resign them, than we create holes.