Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 NFL Draft

Solid84

So do we feel like it'll be a corner that we go after 1st round if Harrison Jr. is gone? Whoever we pick needs to have an immediate impact on the team. No delayed gratification. 

We need at least two straight years of excellent draft picks to help the team. Think of '98-2003. In those years, we got Manning, Edge, Wayne, Clark, and Freeney. That's picking game changers year after year who made immediate impacts and were crucial to the team's success. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Solid84 said:

The Bears currently have the 1st and 2nd overall picks. That's Williams and MHJr. off the board right there...

Williams is pulling an Eli Manning and John Elway. At least verbally right now. He’s claiming he plans to stay another year cause he’ll make more money with NIL funds and will only play for 5 teams, all of them west coast or Deep South teams like the Saints. 

17 hours ago, sb41champs said:

While the entirety of the 2023 season hasn't yet played out - that seems like a likely scenario.

I never thought the Colts would have a pick high enough to select MHJr in 2024.

Doesn’t mean a trade isn’t out of the question either

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think we should go after Tee Higgins in Free Agency and draft a CB in Round 1. 

As a Bengals fan, I'd actually rather us not. Tee isn't a true #1 WR. And I hate saying that because I love the dude. But he's not a consistent week in and week out crucial catch kind of guy. He disappears for lengths of games. 

We need a true #1 that can take over a game when it's a necessity. 

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

As a Bengals fan, I'd actually rather us not. Tee isn't a true #1 WR. And I hate saying that because I love the dude. But he's not a consistent week in and week out crucial catch kind of guy. He disappears for lengths of games. 

He is a lot like Pittman regarding being a low grade #1, I think he and Pittman could feed off of each other. Tee has some speed so it was just a suggestion, Pitt is more of a possession WR. 

31 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Not every team can have #1 WR truly.

You aim for getting one in the draft whenever possible, but until you get one, you gotta have those variety of his at the WR position, who can really change the game. It's true Higgins will not make noise for long duration, a la, Mike Williams, but they make enough plays over the season. And, you can have other receivers who can consistently get underneath routes for good gains. However, what Higgins would expect in free agency will also be under consideration in Ballard's mind and I'd not fault him if the demand is more than its worth.

Best is to find the good guys in a draft that has a diverse set of receivers, which I think next draft could have. 

26 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Not every team can have #1 WR truly.

You aim for getting one in the draft whenever possible, but until you get one, you gotta have those variety of his at the WR position, who can really change the game. It's true Higgins will not make noise for long duration, a la, Mike Williams, but they make enough plays over the season. And, you can have other receivers who can consistently get underneath routes for good gains. However, what Higgins would expect in free agency will also be under consideration in Ballard's mind and I'd not fault him if the demand is more than its worth.

Best is to find the good guys in a draft that has a diverse set of receivers, which I think next draft could have. 

Correct, not every team can have one, but once a team gets that type of guy everything opens up. 

Also, historically speaking we've never had much luck picking up FA receivers. And I agree that Higgins will probably command too much for Ballard's liking unless he's cheaper than Pittman. 

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

Williams is pulling an Eli Manning and John Elway. At least verbally right now. He’s claiming he plans to stay another year cause he’ll make more money with NIL funds and will only play for 5 teams, all of them west coast or Deep South teams like the Saints. 

Doesn’t mean a trade isn’t out of the question either

True - but - unlikely.

Chris Ballard hasn't been open to trading multiple high-round draft picks for one player - and - I don't see him doing that for Marv Jr.

After all - he DID NOT "trade up" to draft a new franchise QB - and - wide receiver is a safer position to draft.

We can - however - keep our fingers crossed.

First of all, I don't see Ballard doing alot this off season but signing our guys. We don't have alot of holes so I would like him to trade up as high as he can without giving up the year after draft picks. The top 4 FA Colts who need to be resigned, if we don't resign them, than we create holes. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• A lot to be said of Division 1 players that go unappreciated and overlooked each year.  Marcus Wehr and Micah Sahakian should have a chance to go early in the draft.  Will be a long wait until the season ends and the Bowls game conclude.  Both Wehr and Sahakian could surprise as immediate starting offensive tackles.    2025 NFL Draft Offensive Lineman LT Kelvin Banks Jr (Texas) Sophomore – managed to hold his own vs Will Anderson Jr entering 2023 NFL draft as the top player in the draft.  Banks dominated as a pass protector only allowing 3.5% pressure rate and 98.4 pass-block.  had an 80.8 PB and 89.3 RB grades in a zone-run scheme.  Week 7 allowed zero pressures and only 8 pressures all season (weeks 0-6). Has a 74.6 RB grade and an 88.0 PB grade week 7.  To-date has an 83.5 PB grade 5th best among Power 5 tackle.  2022 PFF TOW 4 offensive POW and earned TOW 6 and 7 honors.  2025 NFL draft class.  Made 2022 college football all-America Freshman Team.  Round 1 LG Donovan Jackson (OSU) – 2023 PFF TOW 10 honors.  Decent LG option in 2025 with 79% grades in both pass and run blocking.  Good 5.20s-forty, great shuttle time 4.57s, and excellent vertical 35.5”.  Jackson has generated all-conference honors at LG following each of the past two seasons, including first-team accolades by both the media and league coaches in 2023.  Round 1-2 LG Tyler Booker (Alabama) junior, 2023 PFF TOW 8 honors. Made 2022 college football all-America Freshman Team.  In 2023 had an 82% pass blocking and 76% run blocking grades.  Projects R2.  Alabama’s OL conceded 65% of the team’s penalties (28 of 43) with nearly 68% coming from pre-snap penalties.  Round 2. OT Marcus Wehr (Montana St)- Wehr’s final 2023 93.4 offense grade, 86.7 PBLK and a 92.9 RBLK grades which was best overall for OTs in 2023.  Micah Sahakian (Cornell) finished second with 89.7 PFF grade in D1.  Wehr could prove to be better than Kelvin Banks Jr and go Round 1 - 3. RG Tate Ratledge (Georgia) – Top OG in the 2025 class with an excellent PB grade 93% only 74% RB.    In 2022 had 2 penalties on 660 snaps.  Made 2023 PFF College All-Second Team.  Round 2 OT Micah Sahakian (Cornell) final 2023 89.7 offense grade, 86.2 PBLK and 87.5 RBLK grades.  Good for 2nd best OT behind Marcus Wehr in D1.  Rounds 2-3 RG/RT Jonah Savaiinaea (Arizona) Sophomore ranked 2nd among all true freshman guards with a 76.0 pass-blocking grade.  Finished 2023 with an overall blocking grade 69.7 and an 81.7 run-blocking grade.  In 2022 as a true freshman, he started all 12 games at RG posting a 77.3 pass-blocking grade giving up 2 sacks and committed no penalties. In 2023 split snaps 195 at RG and 693 at RT.  Made 2022 college football all-America Freshman Team playing RG.  Round 2 OT Wyatt Milum (West Virginia) – Had a 74.2 pass-blocking grade in 2021 ranked 2nd among true freshman in the Power 5.  Moved to LT in 2022 earned an 82.5 grade (top-15 among all tackles in CFB).  In 2023 had an 89.6 pass-blocking grade finishing 2nd among all FBS tackles behind only Patrick Paul.  On 337 PB snaps allowed zero sacks, zero QB hits with only 9 pressures allowed.  Penalty prone, ignore.  Rounds 2-3 RG Omar Aigbedion (Baylor) junior – final 2023 PFF offense grade of 90.0 best in class with a 79.0 pass block grade and a 90.0 run block grade.  Transferred to Baylor for 2024 season.  Mason McCormick was drafted in R4 in 2024 and ranked 6th best OG with a 76.9 PFF grade (Aigbedion 1st 90.0 PFF grade).  Rounds 2-3   OT Luke Newman (Michigan St).  While at Holy Cross Newman finished top 4 in 2023 among all D1 OTs and finished with an overall 87.8 PFF Grade.  For reference, OT Kiran Amegadjie was ranked 8th and drafted Round 3 by the Bears in 2024.  See how Newman does against better competition while at Michigan State.  Rounds 2-3 OT Ryder Langsdale (Lafayette) – 242 OFF-BLK/144 RBLK/98 PBLK – 90.0 OFF, 85.9 RBLK, 83.3 PBLK grades.  Finished 2023 season off as the 5th best OT with an 86.1 PFF grade.  Kiran Amegadjie was 8th.  Round 3 OT-swing Jalen Travis (Princeton) – 2023 finished with 89% pass blocking and 75% run blocking grades.  Finished 9th overall best OT in 2023 with an overall 80.7 PFF grade slightly behind Kiran Amegadjie (Yale) who was drafted in Round 3 P11 by the Bears in 2024 NFL draft.  Round 3 OT Easton Kilty (ND) junior – 193 OFF-BLK/80 RBLK and 133 PBLK - 89.8 OFF, 89.8 RBLK, 87.8 PBLK grades.  Finished 2023 season off as the 6th best OT.  Round 3 RT Ajani Cornelius (Oregon) - 2023 earned college football midseason all-America Third Team.  Best in zone-blocking system.  2025 NFL draft class has good 5.15s-forty and great weight 308 pounds.  Finished 2023 with a 79% defense rating, 90% pass-blocking, 84% run blocking grades.  Committed 10 penalties in 11 games in 2022.  IGNORE- Round3 RG Miles Frazier (LSU) – great height 6’6”, average 5.25s-forty with excellent weight 335 pounds.  Solid 88% pass blocking grade needs to improve run blocking only 66%.  A backup with starter potential.  Round 4 LT J.C. Davis (New Mexico) decent backup no major issues noted at this time. R6 RG Tanner Miller (Michigan St) junior - 2023 earned college football midseason all-America Third Team at Oregon State.  In 2023 Miller split reps at RG (548 snaps) and center (269) snaps.  Had an overall PFF grade of 73.9 excelling in run-blocking (80.3) but a 55.6 pass-blocking grade.  See how he does since transferring to Michigan State.  Round 5 RT/OG Bradley Ashmore (Vanderbilt) – 2023 after 4-5 weeks earned an 84.4 PFF grade for the highest-graded guard in the Power Five.  Ashmore’s 90.1 RB grade is nearly 3 points higher than the next closest guard.  Rounds 5-7 LG AJ Gillie (Louisiana) – In 2021 PFF grade 92.3 with a 69.1 PBLK and 94.4 RBLK grades.  In 2022 Gophersports said Gillie graded at 80 or better in 11 games.  Originally slated First Team All-Sun Belt Team.  Round 6 LT Adam Karas (Air Force) – new addition.  After 9 weeks Karas has an 83.9 run-blocking grade and an overall PFF grade of 87.4. Round 6-UDFA RT Chase Lundt (UConn) - 2023 PFF TOW 4, 5, 6 honors.  Round 6-UDFA RT Josh Fryar (OSU) - 2023 earned college football midseason all-America Honorable Mention – new addition.  Fryar finished 2023 with a 70.8 overall PFF grade.  Round 6-UDFA RT Riley Mahlman (Wisconsin) – 2023 PFF TWO 12 honors.  In 2023 was the 6th most valuable OT in the country per wins above average metric.  Had a 78.1 PFF grade ranked top-15 among Power Five tackles as was his 73.1 run-blocking grade.  Among the 20 best Power Five OT in pressure rate allowed (3%).  Round 6-UDFA Biggest undrafted free agency list of offensive linemen: UDFA OT Jalen Travis (Iowa State) While at Princeton finished with an overall 80.7 PFF Grade and 9th best OT in D1. – Much like OT Tyler McLellan (Campbell), signed with Chargers, project to UDFA in 2025.  See how he does at Iowa State against better competition.   OT/OG Grey Zabel (North Dakota State) Zabel finished 2023 with an overall 79.3 PFF Grade as an OG.  Finished 10th among other listed tackles last season.  As a guard would have been 4th best D1.  Project UDFA.   UDFA OG Nick Taiste (South Carolina State) in 2023 had an overall 79.1 PFF Grade, good for 4th best OG in D1.  Project to be an UDFA much like Ross Palmer and Donny Ventrelli in 2024.   UDFA OC Gus Miller (South Dakota State) in 2023 finished (1) best OC with an overall 78.4 PFF Grade and as a junior won the Rimington Award for the FCS as the best player in D1 football.   UDFA OG Evan Beerntsen (South Dakota State) in 2023 had an overall 77.4 PFF Grade, good for 5th best OG in D1.  Project to be an UDFA much like Ross Palmer and Donny Ventrelli in 2024.   UDFA OG Rush Reimer (Cal) – Reimer transferred to Cal for 2024.  Previously at Montana State, he earned an overall 75.8 PFF Grade, good T-8th best OG in 2023.  See how he does against better CFB competition.  Project goes UDFA much like Jake Kubas (7) (NY Giants), Ross Palmer (3), and (2) Donny Ventrelli (Bears).  Could be the next Mason McCormick (6) drafted by the Steelers P119 in the 2024 NFL draft.   UDFA OT Josh Simmons (OSU) – In 2022 Simmons was flagged 17 time and had 7 more penalties after his first 8 games as a buckeye before adding just one flag in final five games in 2023.  Ignore   UDFA LT Josh Conerly JR (Oregon) prone to false starts due to nerves.  Had 3 false starts vs Texas Tech. Ignore   OL Jonah Monheim (USC) – struggles vs bull rush.  May improve draft stock will have to see how this season plays out.    OL Earnest Greene III (Georgia) – father played for SD Chargers went to 1994 Super Bowl.  Potential late Day 1 pick.  Only posted a 70.0 grade or higher in two of his 14 games in 2023.  2023 PFF TOW 4 honors.  Need to see improvement this season.     Running backs coming later this morning.                      
    • JT is obviously the starter and good/great when healthy.   Trey Sermon was signed last year and was okay/good. A tough runner with decent vision.   Evan Hull was drafted last year but was injured. He is more of a receiving threat more than anything.   Then Tyler Goodson. He has some speed but stone hands. Okay that might be harsh but he is the one who dropped the ball to end the Texans game.
    • As most here probably know quarterbacks have never really been my area of expertise and have left a few out.  Sorry Sanders but Colorado got nothing on them Huskers this year.  As time allows will be adding more sections in the near future.   To start off for now here is a quick look at this college seasons quarterbacks leading up to the 2025 NFL Draft and my early grades per round.   2025 NFL Draft QBs QB Cam Miller (ND St.) - Overall 2023 PFF grade 93.9.  Outstanding 71.5% completion rate, threw 2687 yards, 9.2 average, 19 TD/4 INTs.  Dual threat QB who also rushed for 629 yards (4.7 avg) adding another 13 TDs on the ground.  Round 1 QB Mark Gronowski (SD St) - final 2023 offense grade of 92.4 (3rd), pass grade of 90.5 (8th), run grade of 85.5.  Good for 4th best behind Jayden Daniels and Bo Nix.  PFF had Gronowski with a 93.0 PFF grade only behind Cam Miller (ND St. 93.9).  Round 1. QB Jalen Milroe (Alabama) - dual threat QB with a chance to go in R1 but needs to show significant improvement as a pocket passer.  Needs to develop better accuracy and anticipation.  In 2023, Milroes recorded a 9.2% big-time throw rate in 2023, the second-best mark in the nation.  His 35 runs of 10+ yards were 4th among FBS QBs and his 96.9 passing grade on deep throws trailed only Heisman Trophy winner Jayden Daniels. QB Jaxson Dart (Mississippi) – His play was elevated in Lane Kiffin’s RPO/play-action-heavy offense working outside of the pocket.  Needs to get better in the pocket but already breaking Eli Manning’s records with an 82% release speed, 82% short passing, 89% medium passing, 93% long passing, and 80% rush/scramble grades.  Dart’s growing on me at a potential top draft pick for the Colts next draft to backup AR. QB Riley Leonard (Duke) dual threat QB with decent 4.52s-forty speed.  Round 3 QB Grayson McCall (Coastal Carolina) mobile pocket passer quick release speed (80%).  Projects Round 3-5 QB Jordan Travis (FSU) – Mobile pocket passer.  Round 5 QB Matthew Sluka (Holy Cross) – 2023 overall PFF grade of 92.2.  Dual threat QB mostly as a runner not as a passer but low INT has thrown over 20 TDs past two seasons and only 4-5 INTs.  Rushed for over 1200 yards in 2022-2023. Round 5 QB Zevi Eckhaus (Washington St); 90.8 PFF Grade) –Past 3 years at Bryant, Eckhaus averaged over 60% comp, 2345-3228 yards, with 21-28 TD/3-15 INTs.  Can rush but seems to be more a true pocket passer.  Finished (6th) best QB in D1 in 2023.  See what he does his senior season against better competition at Washington State.  Projecting Round 6-UDFA QB KJ Jefferson (Arkansas) dual threat QB.  Round 7-UDFA   Next up OL (to be continued)
    • Interesting as both NFL.com and NFLDraftBuzz.com both have Cooper DeJean running a slow 4.50s-forty speeds.  Since it's on the internet it's got to be true (well sort of apparently).  This draft is over.  Stay tuned will be posting an extensive list and breakdown for the upcoming college season of draftees and expected UDFAs.  It will be my extensive deep dive in many years.
    • Injuries galore incoming!
  • Members