Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 NFL Weekly Pick'em Games: Week 4

chad72

9 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I think Trevon Diggs ACL injury jolted the defense, and their pass coverage and turnover rate might not be great anymore.

Dak is just riding on a good team without performing as well as he could, so Cowboys are back to above average team and would get ousted in playoffs as usual...

On the other hand, 49ers can juggle 5 different QBs and get a new DC every year, and change the roster dramatically and they'd still look formidable every week.. it would be a surprise if Cardinals manage to cause another upset this week.

Also, if same team causes upset every week, it wouldn't be an upset anymore. 

I hope to advance in the Survival Pool with a win against the Cards. I seriously considered the Vikings, as I don't think they can lose to the Panthers but you never know with this team. Brandon Staley gave them a gift win and they left it on the field at home. SMH. So, I picked the 49ers to advance in the Survival Pool.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I hope to advance in the Survival Pool with a win against the Cards. I seriously considered the Vikings, as I don't think they can lose to the Panthers but you never know with this team. Brandon Staley gave them a gift win and they left it on the field at home. SMH. So, I picked the 49ers to advance in the Survival Pool.

Vikings will win this week but the 49ers will definitely win. Good choice.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Vikings will win this week but the 49ers will definitely win. Good choice.

Only 7 people left in the Survival Pool. I expect to advance.

I cannot pick the following teams again for the rest of the year. I used them in earlier weeks:

Ravens

Bills

Seahawks

49ers this week.

I still have the Chiefs, the Dolphins and the Eagles that are likely winners almost every week.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Only 7 people left in the Survival Pool. I expect to advance.

I cannot pick the following teams again for the rest of the year. I used them in earlier weeks:

Ravens

Bills

Seahawks

49ers this week.

I still have the Chiefs, the Dolphins and the Eagles that are likely winners almost every week.

You can pick the great sure shot teams going forward.. that means, avoiding teams like Vikings who could lose to anybody embarrassingly, you can also avoid 50-50 situations.. not many of those other 6 will survive next 3 weeks. 

• Like 1

Just now, VikingsFanInChennai said:

You can pick the great sure shot teams going forward.. that means, avoiding teams like Vikings who could lose to anybody embarrassingly, you can also avoid 50-50 situations.. not many of those other 6 will survive next 3 weeks. 

Vikings will smoke the Panthers. Cousins will throw for around 400 yards and 3 TD's. Anyone playing fantasy league, play Cousins this week. He was pee'd off they lost last week and the Panthers stink. 

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

None of the QBs who played 49ers have got more than 15 fantasy points so far .. Pickett 10, Stafford 14, Jones 4 ,, Jones game was home game for 49ers, like this week. They were very stringent at home.

Cowboys lost to Cardinals as they could not stop power rush style that James Conner has. I think Niners know Conner very well now 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Vikings will smoke the Panthers. Cousins will throw for around 400 yards and 3 TD's. Anyone playing fantasy league, play Cousins this week. He was pee'd off they lost last week and the Panthers stink. 

I read that the Panthers defense is pretty good. If they sack Cousins, fans will blame it on the OL. We just signed Risner. We put all these reinforcements for Kirk to succeed. Hopefully we start winning. People say he threw for over 300 yard last week. Well, he threw 50 passes. (About 7 yards per attempt) He better have over 300 yard, especially having JJ to throw to. 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I read that the Panthers defense is pretty good. If they sack Cousins, fans will blame it on the OL. We just signed Risner. We put all these reinforcements for Kirk to succeed. Hopefully we start winning. People say he three for over 300 yard last week. Well, he threw over 50 passes. (About 6 yards per attempt?) He better have over 300 yard, especially having JJ to throw to. 

He does lead the league in passing yards with almost 1100. Panthers defense is giving up 27 points a game. Vikings will put up 30 on them. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He does lead the league in passing yards with almost 1100. Panthers defense is giving up 27 points a game. Vikings will put up 30 on them. 

I know. But I bet you he leads the league in passes per game or he is close. I don't know how to check who has thrown the most passes. Anyone know?

Volume stats are not that important if you are not winning. 

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I know. But I bet you he leads the league in passes per game or he is close. I don't know how to check who has thrown the most passes. Anyone know?

Volume stats are not that important if you are not winning. 

He has to throw a lot because your running game is bad. I can look it up real quick but I would not doubt he does lead the league in pass attempts. They should have won last week, the Vikings just blew that. He played Herbert evenly last week.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He has to throw a lot because your running game is bad. I can look it up real quick but I would not doubt he does lead the league in pass attempts. They should have won last week, the Vikings just blew that. He out played Herbert last week.

Did you see the end of the game? Everyone was screaming "spike the ball". It did not occur to him to do so. It is the small things that win games.

He threw the third most yards last year -- only two shy of throwing the most. Our running game was good last year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Did you see the end of the game? Everyone was screaming "spike the ball". It did not occur to him to do so. It is the small things that win games.

He threw the third most yards last year -- only two shy of throwing the most. Our running game was good last year.

He and Herbert actually played evenly, He didn't out play Herbert, so I corrected that. Yeah the Vikings should have won.

Most attempts:

Cousins 138 lmao 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He has to throw a lot because your running game is bad. I can look it up real quick but I would not doubt he does lead the league in pass attempts. They should have won last week, the Vikings just blew that. He out played Herbert last week.

What makes you say he outplayed Herbert? Herbert was 40 of 47 (85%) for 405 yards and had 3 TD and no INT. You can't beat that stat line. Kirk was 32 for 50, 367 yards and 3TD and had an INT.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He and Herbert actually played evenly, He didn't out play Herbert, so I corrected that. Yeah the Vikings should have won.

Most attempts:

Cousins 138 lmao 

Okay, we were writing at the same time. Herbert outplayed him for sure.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I corrected it, see above. It was pretty even. 

Herbert threw for more yards and fewer passes and no INT. Herbert is also a lot more decisive. He is a very intelligent player. I wish we had drafted him. All the QBs from that year are doing pretty well.

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Okay, we were writing at the same time. Herbert outplayed him for sure.

Both threw for a ton of yards and the same amount of TD's. I really don't think one outplayed the other. I think it was pretty even. For some reason I was thinking about when the Chargers played the Dolphins when Tua outplayed him. That week Tua had over 400 yards and 3 TD's and Herbert only had like 250 passing yards with 1 TD.

• Like 1

Just now, NFLfan said:

I wish I could type that fast. I'm actually very slow. I think I was writing while you were searching information like most passes thrown by QB.

James Caan Writing GIF

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I was going to put up a poll question in the Game thread. Who should the Colts start at QB tomorrow: AR or Minshew? Two starters on the OL will be sitting it out and Nelson is questionable.

AR all the way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Herbert is the better QB, can't dispute that. 

24 second left in the last Vikings game, 3 downs Vikings have, time is running on and Kirk doesn't spike the ball, hurries up and throws the interception on the same play ending the game in a Loss when he could've spiked the ball, taken 25 seconds of rest to discuss in huddle their best plays forward and execute the plan properly. I have seen Kirk doing similar stuff to lose games in critical juncture at least 5-10 times in his time in Washington DC and Minnesota. 

That's the difference between a winning QB and losing QB. QBs are paid 40+ million to have that situational awareness and to make faster accurate decision making, not for passing 300 yards a game alone. Kirk wants 40 million but never learns that part of QB-ing. That's why he never wins it all. That's Kirk's career in a nutshell, that's why a team who wants to win Super Bowl should avoid getting a QB who can't think and make good decisions on the field.

Herbert and Kirk aren't even, I have not thought much of Herbert yet but Kirk would rank much below in the order than Herbert any day. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

24 second left in the last Vikings game, 3 downs Vikings have, time is running on and Kirk doesn't spike the ball, hurries up and throws the interception on the same play ending the game in a Loss when he could've spiked the ball, taken 25 seconds of rest to discuss in huddle their best plays forward and execute the plan properly. I have seen Kirk doing similar stuff to lose games in critical juncture at least 5-10 times in his time in Washington DC and Minnesota. 

That's the difference between a winning QB and losing QB. QBs are paid 40+ million to have that situational awareness and to make faster accurate decision making, not for passing 300 yards a game alone. Kirk wants 40 million but never learns that part of QB-ing. That's why he never wins it all. That's Kirk's career in a nutshell, that's why a team who wants to win Super Bowl should avoid getting a QB who can't think and make good decisions on the field.

Herbert and Kirk aren't even, I have not thought much of Herbert yet but Kirk would rank much below in the order than Herbert any day. 

NM_Vike posted a clip showing Kirk playing for Washington taking a knee in a similar situation but with less time. He took the knee when he should have spiked the ball.

It was first and goal at the 6 yard line with Washington trailing the Eagles by 6 points with 5 seconds left. The ball is snapped and Kirk takes a knee. The game official did not even start the clock, probably expecting a spike. About 4 or 5 seconds pass before the play clock starts again, but they had no time outs and the clock expires. That one was really embarrassing. You hear Ian Eagle, the announcer say, "They have butchered this." At first, it looked like Cousins tripped but his reaction shows that he did not. He does not try to hurry up and make a play. Instead he goes to give the ball to the officials. It takes him a few seconds to realize that the clock is expiring. Note: that was the end of the first half of the game as opposed to this one where it was the end of the game.

6 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Who said they were even? I said they played pretty evenly last week - that is 1 game. Both put up big numbers and the game was close at the end. I also already posted that Herbert is the better QB. Even though I think Herbert is overrated by some, I still think he is a top 10 QB. Many think he is a top 5, I don't see that. His situational football hasn't been all that great either. See the playoff game at Jacks last year, and this year against the Dolphins, and the Titans. He had ball in hand with a chance to win all 3 and failed. For me to put him in the top 5, he needs to win more. He isn't better than Mahomes, Burrow, Hurts, Allen, or even Lamar for that matter. Lamar has won an MVP and at least has 1 playoff win. Tua is even playing better than Herbert right now. Herbert = 10, Cousins = top 15. So yes Herbert is better compared to Cousins.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, NFLfan said:

NM_Vike posted a clip showing Kirk playing for Washington taking a knee in a similar situation but with less time. He took the knee when he should have spiked the ball.

It was first and goal at the 6 yard line with Washington trailing the Eagles by 6 points with 5 seconds left. The ball is snapped and Kirk takes a knee. The game official did not even start the clock, probably expecting a spike. About 4 or 5 seconds pass before the play clock starts again, but they had no time outs and the clock expires. That one was really embarrassing. You hear Ian Eagle, the announcer say, "They have butchered this." At first, it looked like Cousins tripped but his reaction shows that he did not. He does not try to hurry up and make a play. Instead he goes to give the ball to the officials. It takes him a few seconds to realize that the clock is expiring. Note: that was the end of the first half of the game as opposed to this one where it was the end of the game.

Yes, I remember the Washington game. I think there was another game with Washington where Cousins spiked the ball, then his OL told him to run and he got confused, tried to rush embarrassingly when Eagles DL caught him immediately.. everyone was confused what was going on lol.. comedic gold.

I'm pretty sure Cousins has done the same at least 5 times, he never seems to learn. Even after the game, he'd say something to justify his action rather than acknowledging what he could've done differently. Even if he did, he'd do the same again. He's just not wired with bright situational awareness or ability to graduate from those lessons, which is probably why he couldn't become an elite QB even with all the talent. 

I recall Dak Prescott and Josh Allen also doing similar mistakes that cost their games in last couple of seasons, but they seem to learn. Everyone else does. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Let's see how it goes, long way to go... it will be funny if Caleb chooses his own choice team and they get to be a train wreck while the teams he didn't want get to be in better shape...

Sometimes, life can prove you oversmarted yourself. (Like JT this off-season)

You had picked the same exact 26-24 score I had predicted for TNF... so, I jumped on to shout "copy" :funny:

I think Vikings GM and HC want to move on from Cousins, and many of us want to move on too... it's better to wait and draft a franchise QB like Colts did. Cousins' contract puts so much burden on the roster, and he doesn't compensate for that in important games. He can go somewhere and finish his career with top 10 passing stats like Matt Ryan did.

Only problem is this GM's drafts have been so poor that I'm not sure if he would be able to spot and draft a franchise QB! 

I have always liked the vikes. They are a old time original team with past legends and success. But in modern times it seems the Football Gods frown on them from having too much success... just a season here and there usually followed by mediocre or worse play. They are similar to the Colts minus Manning/Polian era, not like franchises historically brownies, lions,cards,jets etc... But not like the top franchises that when good go to super bowls. 

That's why I hope colt fans enjoy this season if they have some success and not look  into the next few years of building and expecting a Super Bowl team. NFL team building isn't necessarily linear and teams like the colts & vikes can be like yo yo's....up one year, down the next. 

I know fans have been wanting to move on from Cousins, but getting someone better/consistently elite  may be easier said then done but there seems to be multiple good QB prospects. 

Do you remember Tarkenton?  I Remember him vaguely seen vids of him. He was quite a scrambler. And the Purple People eaters. 

Anyway, I expect Cousins to be with the Jets soon.. I wish him success but that's difficult with that team.. LoL

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I have always liked the vikes. They are a old time original team with past legends and success. But in modern times it seems the Football Gods frown on them from having too much success... just a season here and there usually followed by mediocre or worse play. They are similar to the Colts minus Manning/Polian era, not like franchises historically brownies, lions,cards,jets etc... But not like the top franchises that when good go to super bowls. 

That's why I hope colt fans enjoy this season if they have some success and not look  into the next few years of building and expecting a Super Bowl team. NFL team building isn't necessarily linear and teams like the colts & vikes can be like yo yo's....up one year, down the next. 

I know fans have been wanting to move on from Cousins, but getting someone better/consistently elite  may be easier said then done but there seems to be multiple good QB prospects. 

Do you remember Tarkenton?  I Remember him vaguely seen vids of him. He was quite a scrambler. And the Purple People eaters. 

Anyway, I expect Cousins to be with the Jets soon.. I wish him success but that's difficult with that team.. LoL

I was not a fan of the NFL during old times, but I've heard a lot about Fran..

I'd be okay with Cousins if the guy can think properly on football field, otherwise he's consistently elite in passing stats and never gets injured and misses a game. Only problem is he doesn't have the greatness between the ears to win it all for a franchise who has never won a Super Bowl.

If older Vikings fans ever want to see a trophy, the only way is to draft a franchise QB and hope it works in next decade or so. It's better than being good for 8-11 wins and an occasional play-off game with Kirk.

If he goes to say, Seahawks, and finish his career with all time records, the franchise at least has got SB win recently so they could be happy with some great exciting games with Cousins.

Vikings owner needs to focus on only thing - a Super Bowl trophy. For generations of fans who have never won it all. 

• Like 2

On 9/28/2023 at 6:52 PM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Week #1- 8-8

Week #2- 10-6

Week #3- 12-4

overall ....30  -  18

TNF

a really toss up game(for me).....may watch more important MLB games instead

Lions  26     packers 24 OT

Rest of games later

Looks like a tuff week and multiple toss up OT games 

Atlanta      19       Jax      21 OT

Dolphins    44.     Buffalo 32

*Vikings.      23.     Carolina  24 OT

* I think Vikes should win but by losing it will expedite Cousins to Jets, which I think the NFL favors?

*Denver.     16.        Chicago    17 OT

*Broncos should win but losing gets Payton closer to drafting Caleb, a very  desirable destination for the next super star QB

Ravens        23.        Brownies.   20 *OT

*a more traditional OT score for @VikingsFanInChennai :funny:

Steelers       19         texans     10

Rams            26         Colts       29

Bucs             25         Saints.     24 OT

Washington  11.       Philly        30

Bengals         29.      Titans       28

Raiders.        26        Chargers  29

*Patriots        16.       Cowboys  17

* not comfortable picking cowboys but a loss could make Belichek/Kraft start thinking about Caleb :thinking:

Cards           11.           SF.         26

*KC.               25.          Jets       02

*KC should romp but jets need some wins if their trading for a QB.... but still have a hard time picking jets in this one.. Refs will need to be at their best for jets to win unless Mahomes plays along lol

MNF

Seattle.            16.        Giants 17 ot

Best Bets

Miami

Steelers

Eagles

49ers

Chiefs

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Looks like a tuff week and multiple toss up OT games 

Atlanta      19       Jax      21 OT

Dolphins    44.     Buffalo 32

*Vikings.      23.     Carolina  24 OT

* I think Vikes should win but by losing it will expedite Cousins to Jets, which I think the NFL favors?

*Denver.     16.        Chicago    17 OT

*Broncos should win but losing gets Payton closer to drafting Caleb, a very  desirable destination for the next super star QB

Ravens        23.        Brownies.   20 *OT

*a more traditional OT score for @VikingsFanInChennai :funny:

Steelers       19         texans     10

Rams            26         Colts       29

Bucs             25         Saints.     24 OT

Washington  11.       Philly        30

Bengals         29.      Titans       28

Raiders.        26        Chargers  29

*Patriots        16.       Cowboys  17

* not comfortable picking cowboys but a loss could make Belichek/Kraft start thinking about Caleb :thinking:

Cards           11.           SF.         26

*KC.               25.          Jets       02

*KC should romp but jets need some wins if their trading for a QB.... but still have a hard time picking jets in this one.. Refs will need to be at their best for jets to win unless Mahomes plays along lol

MNF

Seattle.            16.        Giants 17 ot

Best Bets

Miami

Steelers

Eagles

49ers

Chiefs

I'd have those same best bets and add Chargers as best bet to that list as Raiders are gonna be with backup QB and Jacobs still warming up from off-season rest and rust. 

• Like 1

Week 4 picks:

Seahawks 34 @ Giants 27  

Chiefs 31 @ Jets 13

Cardinals 17 @ 49ers 24 

Patriots 17 @ Cowboys 18

Rams 16 @ Colts 20 

Ravens 23 @ Browns 24

Lions 26 @ Packers 24

Broncos 29 @ Bears 27

Falcons 22 @ Jaguars 26

Dolphins 33 @ Bills 30 OT 

Bengals 19 @ Titans 15   

Bucs 16 @ Saints 18 

Commanders 9 @ Eagles 27

Vikings 26 @ Panthers 19

Steelers 23 @ Texans 16

Raiders 12 @ Chargers 28 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Week 4 picks:

Seahawks 34 @ Giants 27  

Chiefs 31 @ Jets 13

Cardinals 17 @ 49ers 24 

Patriots 17 @ Cowboys 18

Rams 16 @ Colts 20 

Ravens 23 @ Browns 24

Lions 26 @ Packers 24

Broncos 29 @ Bears 27

Falcons 22 @ Jaguars 26

Dolphins 33 @ Bills 30 OT 

Bengals 19 @ Titans 15   

Bucs 16 @ Saints 18 

Commanders 9 @ Eagles 27

Vikings 26 @ Panthers 19

Steelers 23 @ Texans 16

Raiders 12 @ Chargers 28 

Freakin Atlanta isn't doing the Colts any favors, I see you got your Jax pick in, just in time chuckling homer simpson GIF- good pick, Jax are killing them.

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Freakin Atlanta isn't doing the Colts any favors, I see you got your Jax pick in, just in time chuckling homer simpson GIF- good pick, Jax are killing them.

Ah man, I've Ridder in 2 QB fantasy team :grumpy2:

I could've had another RB or Christian Kirk instead :angry:

Hopefully, Ridder watches Cousins films, and knows how to boost stats by end of the game. 

Changing up a pick now that Watson is out - Ravens over Browns. Don't know if it's too late?

Week 4 picks:

Lions @ Packers

Falcons @ Jaguars

Dolphins @ Bills

Broncos @ Bears

Ravens @ Browns

Bengals @ Titans

Rams @ Colts

Buccaneers @ Saints

Commanders @ Eagles

Vikings @ Panthers

Steelers @ Texans