Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Roster Cutdown rules have changed this year

NewColtsFan

NOTE:  Mods I’ve placed this story here for needed eye balls.   But you may prefer it to be on the NFL page. 

So in years past, the rules for roster cutdown used to be there were cuts after each pre-season game.   Not any more. 

Starting this year there is only ONE roster cutdown date — after the third and final preseason game.   This year the official roster cutdown date is Tuesday Aug 29th.  The Colts play Philly on Thur Aug Aug 24th.   Cuts can start after the game, but they don’t have to be completed until the 29th. 

Hope this helps….

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

NOTE:  Mods I’ve placed this story here for needed eye balls.   But you may prefer it to be on the NFL page. 

So in years past, the rules for roster cutdown used to be there were cuts after each pre-season game.   Not any more. 

Starting this year there is only ONE roster cutdown date — after the third and final preseason game.   This year the official roster cutdown date is Tuesday Aug 29th.  The Colts play Philly on Thur Aug Aug 24th.   Cuts can start after the game, but they don’t have to be completed until the 29th. 

Hope this helps….

Wow. That's going to be an extremely busy day for GMs. First the pain of having to let good players go, and then the mad dash to possibly pick up some good players from other teams. 

Very busy day for the reporters too. 

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Hope this helps….

Pretty sure they started that last season. 

2 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Wow. That's going to be an extremely busy day for GMs. First the pain of having to let good players go, and then the mad dash to possibly pick up some good players from other teams. 

Very busy day for the reporters too. 

Going to be a very busy day for Chloe too!

It’s probably also meaning that the scouting staff has maybe increased a guy or two I would think… meaning that there would be one or two new guys whose sole job it is would be to scout the 3rd,4th stringers on all the other 31 teams watching for talent and rating them for the cut day(s) watching since they don’t get cut a little at a time.

Archived