Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

OTA news / mandatory mini camp news

Stephen

• w87r changed the title to OTA news / mini camp news

Today the day. Mandatory mini camp

3 straight days with media in attendance

#1 thing to look for - Richardson snaps with 1st team.

He could've been having more than we know about, as team could hide it during OTA's on non-media days.

All out in the open this week.

• Like 6

• w87r changed the title to OTA news / mandatory mini camp news
On 6/9/2023 at 8:38 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

My best friend is a Titans fan, and he hated the Levis pick (even in the 2nd round). He wanted Hooker as a Tennessee fan in college. Even now, he hasn't accepted him on the Titans and won't root for him. He's hoping Willis beats him out as the backup. I think Levis' age is a big disadvantage for him compared to the other rookies that went in the 1st round. He'll be 24 on the 27th of this month, so he has less time to learn and develop, and his potential and upside is lower. Big reason I wanted Richardson over him. 

On a different note, I heard Stetson Bennett is looking awesome in the Rams OTAs !!

• Like 2

On 6/8/2023 at 6:40 PM, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think most fans understand what having a young QB means. All we want to see is steady improvement through the season and we are heading in the right direction. Now if Richardson flat out stinks and shows no flashes of hope then that is a different story. With his running ability we should at least see flashes until his passing game improves.

He could flat out stink his rookie year.

Colts should never desert him like Jets did to Wilson or Titans did with Willis.

6 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

He could flat out stink his rookie year.

Colts should never desert him like Jets did to Wilson or Titans did with Willis.

I doubt he will stink. Probably won’t be great  but I think we will see flashes of what he will become. There is a difference in flat out stinking and being inconsistent and having flashes. 

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I am sure he knows by now how important it is to be a Colt which has been a winning organization since roughly 1995. + the QB's we have had since then in Harbaugh, Peyton, Luck, Rivers who were all winners here. Those are huge steps to follow. So far I love the kids attitude. I think he gets it. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Interesting. They are drilling under center reps with Richardson. I would have assumed he would take close to zero of those, but maybe not? Maybe we want to expand his repertoire a bit.