Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

WHO Will This Year's "Ring of Honor" Inductee Be?

sb41champs

20 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

Pro Football Reference has a "Weighted Average Value" score, that tries to assign a single number to the player's value.

Existing Ring of Honor and their wAV scores

Peyton Manning - 176

Marshall Faulk - 132

Marvin Harrison - 123

Jeff Saturday - 118

Reggie Wayne - 116

Edgerrin James - 113

Eric Dickerson - 92

Tarik Glenn - 87

Dwight Freeney - 81

Chris Hinton - 79

Jim Harbaugh - 79

Robert Mathis - 67

Bill Brooks - 57

Colts Drafted Players with the highest wAV's

Andre Rison - 77

Chris Chandler - 77

Ray Donaldson - 77

Mike Peterson - 73

Andrew Luck - 72

TY Hilton - 72

Ryan Diem - 72

My money for the next Ring of Honor recipient is --- Ray Donaldson

GREAT INFORMATION - THANKS FOR SHARING!!

On 5/17/2023 at 2:41 PM, csmopar said:

Actually, my feelings about Barry Sanders, Vontae Davis and others who randomly quit on their teams are all the same as the ones I have toward Luck. I’ve stated as such.  Thought I place Lucks timing up there with Vontaes as a slap in the face. At least Sanders was before training camp and not on the eve of week 1.  That said, I think there needs to be a rule, player X retires after say the draft will forgo any remaining guaranteed monies.

Fair enough response, I know you pretty well and figured you were the type that can't stand quitter's period. With me regarding Luck, it was just the timing of it, the way he retired. Had he called it quits before the 2019 draft I would have been ok with it but of course still disappointed. 

The way I look at it is if Jim Harbaugh is the ROH, Luck belongs though and pretty easily. I loved Jim but Luck was better and produced more for this franchise. I could even make an argument that Luck is a top 50 QB of all-time and he really only played 5 full seasons. Really after about 40 great QB's that have played in this league, it starts to thin out to who was just good and not great. Luck is not Hall of Famer by no means but ROH = yes, JMO. 

Bob Sanders not being in the ROH is something that has bugged me for years. I thought he should have got in 5 years ago at worse.

On 5/16/2023 at 10:04 PM, coltsfanmurf said:

My top vote would be Dallas Clark.  Bob Sanders deserves it too.  How about McAfee, Gary Brackett or Duane Bickett??

Gary brackett is a good call.  I think sanders first but i like that one.   

On 5/17/2023 at 10:06 AM, Indyfan4life said:

Some people can laugh all they want about me wanting Luck in it one day, but the dude gave his body for this franchise. If not for the worst GM in the history of football and cruddy drafting, Luck easily could have won a SB with the team he had around him. 

Take your freaking negativity and hate elsewhere. 

If faulk is in then Luck is a lock.  

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Should be. Only Colt ever to win DPOY and was the main key on defense during our SB win run.

If bob gets in, i may have to make a trip to indy.   His is the only jersey i bought for myself.

On 5/17/2023 at 8:06 AM, Indyfan4life said:

Some people can laugh all they want about me wanting Luck in it one day, but the dude gave his body for this franchise. If not for the worst GM in the history of football and cruddy drafting, Luck easily could have won a SB with the team he had around him. 

Take your freaking negativity and hate elsewhere. 

Matt Millen thanks you for noting Ryan Grigson was actually the worst GM in the history of football. You might be right! Then again, Jim Irsay was the GM for the Colts, and I remember Fredd Young ...

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Fair enough response, I know you pretty well and figured you were the type that can't stand quitter's period. With me regarding Luck, it was just the timing of it, the way he retired. Had he called it quits before the 2019 draft I would have been ok with it but of course still disappointed. 

The way I look at it is if Jim Harbaugh is the ROH, Luck belongs though and pretty easily. I loved Jim but Luck was better and produced more for this franchise. I could even make an argument that Luck is a top 50 QB of all-time and he really only played 5 full seasons. Really after about 40 great QB's that have played in this league, it starts to thin out to who was just good and not great. Luck is not Hall of Famer by no means but ROH = yes, JMO. 

Bob Sanders not being in the ROH is something that has bugged me for years. I thought he should have got in 5 years ago at worse.

I look at it more by how the ring of honor is worded. Players that advanced and impacted the franchise in outstanding ways. 

while I think Harbaurgh has a weak case for being in there, he was at the time, the best QB in Indy’s short history at the time.  
Everyone in the RoH advanced the position they played while they were with the Colts. 

Luck however, didn’t advance or impact the franchise in any outstanding way. Was he a good QB, sure he was. But zero titles, zero divisions and it can be argued that he negatively impacted the franchise more than postitively

maybe he gets there one day, but I sure hope it’s well after all the starters from the Super Bowl teams make it in. Bob Sanders, Dallas , Bethea , Marlin etc. There’s barely in defensive players in the ring and if it wasn’t for that D, we don’t even make the Super Bowl. They turned it on when they were needed. 

i further get the impression that Irsay and Ballard have a bad taste in their mouth with Luck as well. Watch Irsays pupils when he talks about luck. They contract . Then watch him talk about wentz, they contract . Then watch him talk about pretty much any other player, they enlarge which is a sign of fondness. 

Either way, I think Irsay knows the fan base is still split and won’t likely consider Luck any time soon for the RoH

On 5/17/2023 at 1:47 AM, CR91 said:

So a * mascot is more valuable than Andrew Luck getting a crap roster to the AFC championship. :facepalm:

Luck wasn’t around long enough to be a hall of famer; ring of honor; etc. he was great. But not enough in my opinion to warrant the ROH. To each his own opinion though. I loved luck..was exciting watching him. 

Archived