Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Updated (2/20/23): Colts hire Jim-Bob Cooter for OC

CR91

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, chad72 said:

Has Jim Bob ever been an OC for a team with a QB that rushed a lot? Just curious 

I know Steichen has been an OC for but the question is, who’s really going to call plays?

Steichen says he will.. but he did concede he will see how it goes. 

I am a lions and colts fan (grew up in detroit) now live in indy. Cooter was a decent o cord with stafford but was not ready for the job at the time. But he was better than what was there. Most lions fans were ok with him and that he gets to be o cord here while not having to call the plays is a good thing. He gets to grow into the position. He has abilities to be a very good playcaller if he has someone to learn from.

1 minute ago, Mike06181 said:

I am a lions and colts fan (grew up in detroit) now live in indy. Cooter was a decent o cord with stafford but was not ready for the job at the time. But he was better than what was there. Most lions fans were ok with him and that he gets to be o cord here while not having to call the plays is a good thing. He gets to grow into the position. He has abilities to be a very good playcaller if he has someone to learn from.

Welcome to the forum!

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, krunk said:

Ive never seen Cooter ever try to be a head coach and hes been around at least since Caldwell was in Detroit if not longer. If his scheme works well here maybe we can keep him around for a while as OC.

Between him and Shane the offensive schemes should be a little better than run, run, 3rd and long then punt. 

Archived